Thread Closed

[Guide][Flyer]Honeycomb S-OFF, Easy Install, Recovery and Root. [US Wifi Added]

OP globatron

23rd November 2011, 02:58 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 45

948 posts
More
After downgrade I installed Revolutionary, skipped Recovery install option as recommended, and fastboot flashed custom RUU. To this point all went fine, but now, after fastboot flashing Recovery 4.0.1.4 direct and - after the problem that follows - also via Revolutionary (it will recognise S-Off and offer to download and install Recovery) I still cannot access Recovery - it just hangs at screen with htc letters. Any ideas?
Last edited by Lucas0511; 23rd November 2011 at 03:01 PM.
23rd November 2011, 03:10 PM   |  #72  
Flag ...the Sac, WI
Thanks Meter: 233

1,397 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas0511

After downgrade I installed Revolutionary, skipped Recovery install option as recommended, and fastboot flashed custom RUU. To this point all went fine, but now, after fastboot flashing Recovery 4.0.1.4 direct and - after the problem that follows - also via Revolutionary (it will recognise S-Off and offer to download and install Recovery) I still cannot access Recovery - it just hangs at screen with htc letters. Any ideas?

Okay so you went the method of downloading the large file, used the fastboot method to flash the zip file correct (Method 1)? I didn't have to flash a recovery, as the Revolutionary one was there after I did this method. Did you let the system come up fully after doing "fastboot reboot"?
23rd November 2011, 03:19 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 1,189

7,852 posts
No need to flash recovery. Did you fastboot flash zip twice?

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium
23rd November 2011, 03:33 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 45

948 posts
More
Simple solution for problem with access to re-applied CWM: Of course the CWM patched for Flyer Honeycomb ( revolutionary-cwm-4.0.1.4-flyer.hboot0011.img ) needs to be used, not the Revolutionary original...
Last edited by Lucas0511; 23rd November 2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Solution found
23rd November 2011, 03:46 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 61

645 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcord11758

If you run revolutionary there is a prompt on if you want to flash recovery. You are not rooted at that point in time. You can run a nandroid and or flash the Su zip through recovery.

You do not need Su if your desire is to backup gb set up then run hc through this process.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

Ok, and if I install honeycomb, then need to go back to stock, for say warranty repair, I can get back to stock?
23rd November 2011, 04:01 PM   |  #76  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 51

1,167 posts
More
warranty
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyo

Ok, and if I install honeycomb, then need to go back to stock, for say warranty repair, I can get back to stock?

Yes you can go back to stock and keep valid your warranty.
23rd November 2011, 04:04 PM   |  #77  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag All over the place
Thanks Meter: 2,050

1,436 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

My bad, I thought I had to re-flash recovery :(. Yes I flashed the zip twice as per method 1, and let the system come up. Then I fastboot flashed the recovery, now it is gone. Also tried erase recovery and re-applied.

In my view my best bet would be to go back to S-ON with downgrade, and re-try Revolutionary. However when I follow the relevant instructions (misc patch) the RUU will install but will hang at htc letters.

Just fastboot flash the HC custom RUU again.
The Following User Says Thank You to globatron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2011, 04:06 PM   |  #78  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag All over the place

1,436 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

globatron,am i correct in assuming that this new HC hboot is protecting itself from being overwritten?

Yes you are scotty.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to globatron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2011, 04:08 PM   |  #79  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag All over the place

1,436 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Simple solution for problem with access to re-applied CWM: Of course the CWM patched for Flyer Honeycomb ( revolutionary-cwm-4.0.1.4-flyer.hboot0011.img ) needs to be used, not the Revolutionary original...

Yeah, if you made a mess of it you can do that. Or more you can extract the recovery.img from the zip file and fastboot flash that if you want, or re-run the RUU all options will work.
The Following User Says Thank You to globatron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2011, 04:09 PM   |  #80  
Thanks Meter: 61

645 posts
So if I run revolutionary, then install CWM and perform a nandroid, and then want to install honeycomb, do I use the large file or the light file? Again, I am still on stock gingerbread.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread