Screen Protectors?

Search This thread

gr8st

Dec 25, 2007
Hi guys,

I've never bought one before, so any suggestions as far as quality goes?

There are a number that emphasize this military grade nonsense, is that an actual indicator of quality or a bait tactic?

Thanks in advance.

mhunt407

Apr 3, 2010
Bristol
I bought the Sony one for mine, it was really quite expensive (£25.99 at my local Sony Centre), but it is a decent anti-glare one.

Trouble with some anti-glare protectors is that they make whites all spicily, but the Sony one doesn't. It does a good job of blocking reflections, although its not fantastic at stopping finger prints.

Reactions: gr8st

k4syx

Jan 25, 2008
Warsaw
I bought the Sony one for mine, it was really quite expensive (£25.99 at my local Sony Centre), but it is a decent anti-glare one.

Trouble with some anti-glare protectors is that they make whites all spicily, but the Sony one doesn't. It does a good job of blocking reflections, although its not fantastic at stopping finger prints.

Could you please share some photos?

I have to choose between Sony original and Brando Ultraclear (been using them on all equipement so far).

I have never been a fan of matt screen protectors, but I can see that the Sony one gets really good reviews (though I'm not sure if anti-glare in this case means that it has matt finish)

ndrookua

Mar 21, 2011
I am using the sony matt one. Pretty good but seems to take away the beauty of the screen. Thinkin of trying a clear one.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Reactions: gr8st

gr8st

Dec 25, 2007

I am using the sony matt one. Pretty good but seems to take away the beauty of the screen. Thinkin of trying a clear one.

+1 for the idea of anyone posting photos in both low/high light settings to get a better idea of how it looks when applied. Thanks in advance.

unclespoon

Feb 8, 2011
Seattle, WA
I don't have photos (yet), but I'll second the Sony one. I got it off amazon when my zagg protector was clearly too big for the screen and overlapped onto the sides - looked awful, plus it was all orange peely. The Sony one is perfect. I don't mind the matte finish, it keeps the glare down.

k4syx

Jan 25, 2008
Warsaw
I finally got the sony one. I've taken some photos, will post them tomorrow (not the DSRL quality though, too lazy for that - but I think anyone interested will get the picture).

Overall I think it was a good buy - Sony protector is cheaper than Brando Ultraclear (not by much, but still cheaper) and it does make the device somewhat more resistant to fingerprints. I wouldn't exactly say it's matt - I'd rather describe it as semiglossy.

Anyway, I hope that it will be at least as durable as Brando (had them on Kaiser, Diamond, X10mini, HD2 - and never ever even a single scratch).

agc93

Mar 14, 2011
Brisbane
Interesting results here.

I bought the official one with my Tablet, and I don't find it very good. The anti-glare is brilliant, and it protects the screen well, but it also shows up fingerprints really badly and tends to occasionally interfere with touch sensitivity on my device. YMMV, of course.

k4syx

Jan 25, 2008
Warsaw
Photos

There's not much sun right now in Warsaw so I tried to capture flash flare.

I have to admit that I had no problems with touchscreen sensitivity, and IMHO there is waaaaay less fingerprints than without the screen protector - so yes, YMMV :)

frediiii

Dec 29, 2011
I use a 3M vikuiti screen protector. it's crystal clear, easy to put on, perfect in size and haptics... not cheap though

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
+1 for sony.
looks fine to me, and REALLY cuts down the glare. I had a side by side comparison in shop with two display units (one with one without) and difference was night and day.

cuts103

Jan 8, 2012

I agree with you but i took away some of the beauty of the screen but them i guess you get used to it after sometime.

vivftp

Dec 11, 2011
One of my friends who also has a Sony Tablet S had dropped it a while ago onto the corner of a cinder block. The tablet had the Sony matt protector on it and it appeared that the cinderblock had not only gone through that, but also taken a little chunk out of the screen itself. It wasn't until very recently that we discovered that the tablet had the factory applied screen protector on it and once we peeled it off, the screen itself was perfect. While I have no dobut the matt screen protector helped, that factory applied protector can take a helluva beating it would seem.

I'm actually amazed at how well the actual screen stands up to fingerprints. The factory applied protector and the matt protector are both magnets for fingerprints, but the actual screen itself barely collects any when swiping. I'm now weighing my options for what to do because I now have the factory applied screen protector plus the matt protector on my tablet. I'd love to find a screen protector that minimizes or eliminates fingerprints... any suggestions? While I do like how the matt protector diffuses light sources, I think I could live with a shinier screen so long as it wasn't coated in fingerprints

FreddieP

Aug 6, 2010
Salt Lake City
Has anyone used armor screen protector. Im tablet is arriving soon and I dont want to scratch the screen.

I have had an Armor on now for a couple days. If you follow instructions (watch youtube video) it goes on really well. Bit difficult to perfectly align with fluid present. Mine came out with no bubbles. Lots less fingerprints than out of box screen. Somewhat less glare. However finger sliding is not as smooth as stock. I have a Realook on my phone and it is smoother. Also have a matt screen protector on son's ipod and it has nicest finger slide.

Apache0c

Aug 3, 2010
SoCal
Wanted to post up in this thread to keep it alive. Thanks everyone for all the great info.

Im shopping for a screen protector now because im afraid to take it out of the house without one, any more input is greatly appreciated!

k4syx

Jan 25, 2008
Warsaw
Well I'm kinda forced to withdraw my recommendation for Sony matt screen protector. After a while (not long, as you can see from the date of my last post in this thread) of frequent tablet usage the matt finish started to wear off.

There are places that you're touching more often and this results in polishing the matt finish of the protector.

Right now it looks matte with polished finger tracks here and there.

Therefore I'd rather recommend Brando one - its glossy and it will stay glossy...

im_iceman

Apr 7, 2010
Alsager
I got these LINK

Really good, nice feel to them.. like all matte protectors they take some of the sharpness off the screen image, but for me it's worth it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App