ClockworkMod 5.5.0.2 for Galaxy Nexus *GSM Edition*

Download Link

MD5: 445887336a863573997ccbaeedddc984
File Size: 5,427,200 bytes

c5b37ec206c0ea8cpng.png

How to Gain Root and Unlock Bootloader

1. Download root package: Link
2. Download CWM: Link
3. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
4. Unlock the bootloader if locked (fastboot oem unlock) then reboot into fastboot mode again
5. Temporarily flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.2-maguro.img)
6. Boot into recovery (Press Volume Up twice until you see "Recovery mode" then press the Power button)
7. Using CWM recovery, install su.zip that you downloaded in step 1
8. Reboot into the OS
9. You are now rooted

How to Install ClockworkMod

1. Install Root Explorer from the market and delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p *Mount as R/W first* See this link for help
2. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
3. Flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.2-maguro.img)
4. Reboot into OS (fastboot reboot)
5. You now have CWM recovery permanently installed

How to Access ClockworkMod

1. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
2. Press Volume Up twice
3. Press the Power button when you see "Recovery mode" selected

**All credit goes to to Koush and anyone else responsible for ClockworkMod**

Attachments

• adb-fastboot.zip
    406.7 KB · Views: 9,323
Last edited:

spences10

Jan 18, 2010
London
Does this recovery work?

I have flashed the same recovery via rom manager and it just comes up with a black screen

Koush has said he will fix it in the next few days

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

youngproguru

Jun 29, 2010
New York State
How does CWM save/store its ROMS, and where does it load from? With the Xoom, without a working SD, it was not possible to use CWM.

If the onboard storage is all one volume with the OS, is the storage included in the backup, and how is the images written if the storage is needed to hold the ROMS to be flashed?

StuMcBill

Feb 13, 2010
I'd like to know this too. I found something that would back it up, but you need root first. I'd like to be able to back it up before rooting if possible.

Rooting shouldn't affect the Recovery partition so you should be able to safely root then backup your stock recovery before installing ClockworkMod Recovery?

Or if someone backs up theirs you could download it and keep a copy of it?

siedkins

Jul 3, 2008
London
I have just installed Rom Manager and I get a FC but it seems to have installed the CWM OK. It successfully rebooted to CWM and I could navigate around but I didn't try flashing anything yet.

The issue may be more with Rom Manager than the recovery

Epedemic

Apr 4, 2007
Installed CWM just fine, however when i try to do a nandroid backup it says "Can't mount backup path" or when i try to browse for a zip to install "Can't mount /sdcard/".

My first guess is that it is because i encrypted my phone, but i believe it works on my Xoom, which is encrypted as well... (I will check this later when i have my Xoom nearby)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod 5.5.0.2 for Galaxy Nexus *GSM Edition*

Download Link

MD5: 445887336a863573997ccbaeedddc984
    File Size: 5,427,200 bytes

c5b37ec206c0ea8cpng.png

How to Gain Root and Unlock Bootloader

1. Download root package: Link
    2. Download CWM: Link
    3. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
    4. Unlock the bootloader if locked (fastboot oem unlock) then reboot into fastboot mode again
    5. Temporarily flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.2-maguro.img)
    6. Boot into recovery (Press Volume Up twice until you see "Recovery mode" then press the Power button)
    7. Using CWM recovery, install su.zip that you downloaded in step 1
    8. Reboot into the OS
    9. You are now rooted

How to Install ClockworkMod

1. Install Root Explorer from the market and delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p *Mount as R/W first* See this link for help
    2. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
    3. Flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.2-maguro.img)
    4. Reboot into OS (fastboot reboot)
    5. You now have CWM recovery permanently installed

How to Access ClockworkMod

1. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
    2. Press Volume Up twice
    3. Press the Power button when you see "Recovery mode" selected

**All credit goes to to Koush and anyone else responsible for ClockworkMod**
    can any1 make it a flashable zip

Attached.

Note this is an alpha build. I'm sure koush has not vetted out all the bugs yet...
    Has anyone made a custom Recovery so we don't have to go through all those annoying No's on the screen?

It's already built-in. Create /sdcard/clockworkmod/.one_confirm like this:

adb shell
    touch /sdcard/clockworkmod/.one_confirm

This will give you only one "No" choice on top of the action choice.
    Protip: Test something before you post it. This does NOT work at the time of writing.

P