3.2 update arrives for Xoom 3G Asia

Search This thread

.cruiser

Jan 15, 2011
New Delhi
Motorola Support Forums had indicated that the 3.2 update will arrive middle of November and it finally arrived today for users in Asia I suppose. I missed out reading the release notes but the changes seem to be consistent with the following (these are from the release notes for European Wi-Fi only 3.2 update):

Improved Compatibility Mode - Ability to switch to double pixel mode for selected
applications. When selected, application sub-windows and drop down menus are
also doubled. In addition, pixel doubling settings are saved for each application.
• Rotation Acceleration - Screen rotates faster when tablet is rotated.
• Docking support – automatically detect when device is docked and launch an
application or docking profile.
• QuickOffice™ - full version (HD) - Provides support for editing of Microsoft® Office files and viewing of pdf files.
• MOTOPRINT - A printing application for your MOTOROLA XOOM. This
application allows you to print content from your tablet to your printer over WiFi.
You can print most types of content, including pictures, directly from your tablet.
• Enhanced VPN support
• Support for additional languages and more keyboard layouts
• Citrix™ client
• 3LM™ enablers for remote management of the MOTOROLA XOOM devices in a
corporate environment

I am sure it comes with a lot of other improvements as well since the videos appear to be rendering better and the tablet overall feels snappier.

If in Asia, hit "System Updates" now.

Reactions: okantomi

abhayaa

Jul 5, 2007
Mumbai
Is this update supporting fully enabled SD card or the SD card is read only. in the forums I have read that 3.2 update is making SD Card read only, you can write using external PC connect only.

Last edited:

.cruiser

Jan 15, 2011
New Delhi
I am able to move files from internal storage to the SD card, using the stock "Files" app. Guess that makes it both read/write.

Sent from my MZ601 using XDA App

abhayaa

Jul 5, 2007
Mumbai
@.cruiser: thanks for the update. Can you post the exact version and build, I am not able to download yet, it says no update available.

.cruiser

Jan 15, 2011
New Delhi
Android version: 3.2
Build: H.6.5-17-1
Baseband: N_01.100.05P

7aa1e275-53f9-871c.jpg
See image for more info. Excuse the dirty screen.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Motorola Support Forums had indicated that the 3.2 update will arrive middle of November and it finally arrived today for users in Asia I suppose. I missed out reading the release notes but the changes seem to be consistent with the following (these are from the release notes for European Wi-Fi only 3.2 update):

Improved Compatibility Mode - Ability to switch to double pixel mode for selected
    applications. When selected, application sub-windows and drop down menus are
    also doubled. In addition, pixel doubling settings are saved for each application.
    • Rotation Acceleration - Screen rotates faster when tablet is rotated.
    • Docking support – automatically detect when device is docked and launch an
    application or docking profile.
    • QuickOffice™ - full version (HD) - Provides support for editing of Microsoft® Office files and viewing of pdf files.
    • MOTOPRINT - A printing application for your MOTOROLA XOOM. This
    application allows you to print content from your tablet to your printer over WiFi.
    You can print most types of content, including pictures, directly from your tablet.
    • Enhanced VPN support
    • Support for additional languages and more keyboard layouts
    • Citrix™ client
    • 3LM™ enablers for remote management of the MOTOROLA XOOM devices in a
    corporate environment

I am sure it comes with a lot of other improvements as well since the videos appear to be rendering better and the tablet overall feels snappier.

If in Asia, hit "System Updates" now.