Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Haptic Keys Dim EVO 3D

Tip us?

Hiya Buddy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Haptic Keys Dim EVO 3D

Hi everybody,

I installed a cool ROM on my phone but one if its features included dimming the haptic buttons on my phones. I liked them bright before when I had stock. Is there any mod I could flash to help fix the dim haptic buttons. They're a little too dim for me but the Rom is way better than stock.

Thanks

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

il Duce
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor / Themer / Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 16443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiya Buddy View Post
Hi everybody,

I installed a cool ROM on my phone but one if its features included dimming the haptic buttons on my phones. I liked them bright before when I had stock. Is there any mod I could flash to help fix the dim haptic buttons. They're a little too dim for me but the Rom is way better than stock.

Thanks

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
It depends on whether the dim setting was done in the kernel itself or not. Go check this:
/sytem/etc/init.d/ <- open the various scripts in there and look for a reference to this:
/sys/devices/platform/leds-pm8058/leds/button-backlight/currents

if there IS a script in there, it *might* have the currents set to 2 or 5 or something. The stock brightness is 20, so you could either change the value you find in the script to 20, or whatever you like, OR delete the script altogether.

if there is NOT a script in there, the setting is probably built into the kernel, so the only way around it would be to ask the ROM or kernel dev to remove it or allow an option to change it. You could also flash a different kernel that does NOT have the setting built in.
The Following User Says Thank You to il Duce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hiya Buddy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks I can find the init.d folder and its contents but I don't think that script you mentioned is there. I'll post a screenshot of the init.d folder. If you're right about it being built in to the kernel would you know what kernel I would need to flash in order to do this???

P.S. Not sure if I should PM the dev who created the ROM or try to post in the rom's forum. Unfortunately, I need to get my post count up to post in that forum seeing as I'm still considered a noob.

P.S.S. I forgot to mention the rom's name. Its called Olympus Trinity XE Prime and its by theAndroidOsX (something along the lines of that...forgot how to spell it...)

Thanks again for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-11-25_13-28-32.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	794882  

Bamba1260
Old
Thanks Meter 203

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks I can find the init.d folder and its contents but I don't think that script you mentioned is there. I'll post a screenshot of the init.d folder. If you're right about it being built in to the kernel would you know what kernel I would need to flash in order to do this???

P.S. Not sure if I should PM the dev who created the ROM or try to post in the rom's forum. Unfortunately, I need to get my post count up to post in that forum seeing as I'm still considered a noob.

P.S.S. I forgot to mention the rom's name. Its called Olympus Trinity XE Prime and its by theAndroidOsX (something along the lines of that...forgot how to spell it...)

Thanks again for your help!
Hey bro, try flashing this, and see if it works. It will add a script to your init.d folder (50NormalLed) that *should* set your LEDs to full power whenever you reboot your phone.

Let me know if it works
Attached Files
File Type: zip Norm_LED_Hiya.zip - [Click for QR Code] (209.0 KB, 14 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Bamba1260 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjcole2003
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If you have root explorer you can also just go to sys/devices/platform/leds-pm8058/leds/button-backlight/ long press 'currents,' select 'Open in text editor,' and change the variable to 20. Hit menu and select: 'save changes.' Only thing is that every time you reboot your phone you have to redo this process
My Name is mjcole2003 and I am a Flashaholic....

Hiya Buddy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
@Bamba1260 tried flashing the zip. Its in the init.d folder but the haptic keys still have the same low brightness. Any other suggestions???

il Duce
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor / Themer / Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 16443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@Bamba1260 tried flashing the zip. Its in the init.d folder but the haptic keys still have the same low brightness. Any other suggestions???
ask the ROM dev if he built the dim leds INTO the kernel, if so, ask him to make you a zip that disallows this, so you can set your own brightness. Or try a kernel without the lights hacked, if there are any.
The Following User Says Thank You to il Duce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hiya Buddy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks, looks like I have to PM the dev of the ROM. I figured I wasn't flashing right since I have H.BOOT 1.5 and S-ON so I tried it through fastboot. That didn't work either, thanks for trying to help me though.

Bamba1260
Old
Thanks Meter 203

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks, looks like I have to PM the dev of the ROM. I figured I wasn't flashing right since I have H.BOOT 1.5 and S-ON so I tried it through fastboot. That didn't work either, thanks for trying to help me though.
Hmm... il Duce is probably on to something with it being in the kernel then lol. I thought a script would override that, but apparently not.

Good luck with the dev, I hope you figure something out

Hiya Buddy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Woah a long time lol

The ROM was olympus trinity/titan. I loved that rom, but the only issue I had were the dim haptic keys. I think they were built into chad's kernels, so not sure of how to fix that other than flashing a diff kernel that doesnt dim the haptic keys.