[Q] how to unbrick Galaxy Europa GT-i5500?

Search This thread

jl1982fm

Nov 21, 2011
Hello

I have the next issue

I have a Samsung Galaxy Europa GT-I5500

And it bricked when I closed odin 4.36 after, when the phone was in downloading mode due that there was no completion. I wanted to install a newer version of the clockwork (mod) recovery.

I installed an old version but was unable to install the CyanogenMod (hte one from psyke83) that I wanted. And after I wanted to try a newer version of the clockwork (mod).

And now the phone is with the PC---to Phone icon brick mode.

I tried the volume down + main button + power off and isn't working

Also i tried to run the one click unbrick and isn't able to connect to the phone. Seems that the phone doesn't reach the computer

I tried an usb list (lsusb) in the ubuntu and does appear if i connect it.

I tried both in windows 7 and ubuntu

Do you think is a softbrick? Any clues? recomendations or questions for more details

sjehanzeb

Nov 26, 2011
did you find any solution..
i have no warranty since it as directly imported..i have the same problem ..

i was trying to backup my rom when it bricked.. (using rom manager) .... i tried volume down + home + power button (disconnect button) but nothings showed up.

jl1982fm

Nov 21, 2011
did you find any solution..
i have no warranty since it as directly imported..i have the same problem ..

i was trying to backup my rom when it bricked.. (using rom manager) .... i tried volume down + home + power button (disconnect button) but nothings showed up.

I had a problem with the buttons on the phone the volume down wasn't working.

What do you mean by home button the one with the home icon or the main one with the metal borders because is that button the one that you need to use.

I also tried the resitor of 301kohms between the pins 4 and 5 didn't work.

Now i have the 2.3.7 working stable at the moment

try that combination of buttons if not tell me

PurpleBunnies

Nov 27, 2011
I am pretty sure there is nothing you can do about it, if it is completely bricked.
And the phone won't turn on, in any case what so ever?

jl1982fm

Nov 21, 2011
I am pretty sure there is nothing you can do about it, if it is completely bricked.
And the phone won't turn on, in any case what so ever?

Depends if it is hard bricked or soft bricked. If the screens turns on and appears the PC---/!\ --- phone. The he can try to use the three key combination or the usb homemade jig. Otherwise he can try to find someone with the JTAG

search in google JTAG galaxy for more info.

Jordanooo

Jun 10, 2011
sounds like a hard brick. People claim that taking the battery and sim out of the phone for 30 mins (min) and then putting back in and booting to download mode sometimes works
You could try that

ALEXIS_0071

Nov 27, 2011
MY BROTHER IS IN THE WAY YOU DOWNLOAD but equally can not install any OTHER ONE IS A STRONG BRICK

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
On galaxy s this also happens from time to time, even i had it once. Try if Odin possibly connects anyway and flash again, if not, remove your battery leave it out for 60 seconds and then try if you can get to download mode again. You definitely have not hardbricked your device...

--------------------------
tapatalked from vizio vtab1008

Casper0077

Apr 2, 2015
Got same problem

sounds like a hard brick. People claim that taking the battery and sim out of the phone for 30 mins (min) and then putting back in and booting to download mode sometimes works
You could try that

My GT i5500 Boots into Download mode but I can't seem to find all Stock firmware including CSC etc, all the links I have tried on here are dead or don't have the correct fw for my phone. I would use CFW if I knew what was good and worked but I am not to sure. Any suggestions??
The Stock firmware has the letter code of NJ**2P the stars are unknown letters or numbers but its a UK phone.

dungeongs

May 5, 2017
hey there, my GT-i5500L, after flashing it with odin and the stock room from sammobile and use the europa ops the phone turn on the screen for 2 secs and reboot, dont shows logo just reboot in a loop, the device manager on pc dont detect it and no matter whtar ey comb i use the download mode never start

r&xp

Apr 30, 2017
@Casper0077

My GT i5500 Boots into Download mode but I can't seem to find all Stock firmware including CSC etc, all the links I have tried on here are dead or don't have the correct fw for my phone. I would use CFW if I knew what was good and worked but I am not to sure. Any suggestions??
The Stock firmware has the letter code of NJ**2P the stars are unknown letters or numbers but its a UK phone.

Hello friend!!! You are lucky enough to still be able to get into download mode. Please check you PM box (messages). I am sending you a link you might find helpful.

Best of luck with the device, let me know if I can help more during the process.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------
@dungeongs

hey there, my GT-i5500L, after flashing it with odin and the stock room from sammobile and use the europa ops the phone turn on the screen for 2 secs and reboot, dont shows logo just reboot in a loop, the device manager on pc dont detect it and no matter whtar ey comb i use the download mode never start

Did you already try: vol up, menu, power on (by this order, holding them all together in the end) ???

(It might be that for your device you should press and hold: vol down, home button, power)

Did you try taking out the battery (for 10 - 15 secs) and trying the above combination again???

Also you might find this page of interest for your case: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1734997. Credits to @neerajganga

Please take a look at your PM messages.

A last comment; in my experience, using the latest version of Odin and firmware from the links I sent you, never required extra files (like pit or any other type).

Best of luck! :good: Share how it goes!

Last edited: