Cooking Guides for the Ultimate Noobs- Screencasts

Search This thread

Barreto

Sep 23, 2007
Lisboa
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi!
Great work with tohse videos explaining how to cook, Doctajay!!
They are really great and have helped me a lot! I'm just a noob trying to make the ultimate rom :p
I have a question. When I use alex's rom as my base rom, I get some apps that I don't like, so I thought about starting with a clean rom.. However, as you explained, I need those .raw files to set up my base rom.. If I understood it right, in order to get those .raw from the ROM I want, I''l have to flash my device with that rom, and then dump that ROM.. So, if I don't dump my ROM, I won't get those sys, rom and oem folders I need..
Is that correct?

Regards

kjb86

Jan 7, 2008
anyone know why this happens.

I follow the video instructions very very carefully, however when I actually flash the ROM its always missing key important things such as my mapped keys for my device, as well as things in the connection settings and device information, etc.

So confusing...

Barreto

Sep 23, 2007
Lisboa
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
anyone know why this happens.

I follow the video instructions very very carefully, however when I actually flash the ROM its always missing key important things such as my mapped keys for my device, as well as things in the connection settings and device information, etc.

So confusing...

Hi, yeah, i've got the same problem when I flash the official Portuguese ROM (provided here by jcespi2005). But that doesn't happen when I flash other ROMs, wether they are official, cooked by others, or cooked by me.. I thought that was a problem with that specific ROM, but maybe it isn't.. My biggets problem is that I can't connect to the internet in any way: wifi, via carrier (3G or GPRS) or activesync..
Anyone has any clue on this?

Regards

lover

Mar 14, 2006
@doctajay
The pdocread -l command does nothing for me i have tested in two diffrent pc,

kbkaiser

Nov 30, 2007
HardSPL every time?

I have tried to find out and am just afraid to flash a new rom again until I know this: Do I need to run the HardSPL before every install of a new rom or is the first time enough? Also, will I need to do the CID/Sim unlock each time?

I did my first flash about a week ago and it went great because of this forum! Thanks to all!

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
I have tried to find out and am just afraid to flash a new rom again until I know this: Do I need to run the HardSPL before every install of a new rom or is the first time enough? Also, will I need to do the CID/Sim unlock each time?

I did my first flash about a week ago and it went great because of this forum! Thanks to all!

You just HardSPL once.

lover
@doctajay
The pdocread -l command does nothing for me i have tested in two diffrent pc,

First, make sure you have it dumped straight to your C: Drive. Also, did you just DL pdocread? Or the compete bin package? You need all the resource files as well.

Install to C: then open MSDOS or do Run, CMD, & enter the prompt cd\
THen at C:> enter C:>pdocread -l

Make sure you are typing L in lower case & not one or capital I.

lover

Mar 14, 2006
You just HardSPL once.

First, make sure you have it dumped straight to your C: Drive. Also, did you just DL pdocread? Or the compete bin package? You need all the resource files as well.

Install to C: then open MSDOS or do Run, CMD, & enter the prompt cd\
THen at C:> enter C:>pdocread -l

Make sure you are typing L in lower case & not one or capital I.
dude !! i got whole package and after i type command it just does nothing!

Sponzert

Apr 2, 2007
Dordrecht
Having a problem on my pc opening the comand "pdocread -l". I use Vista Ultimate and i get this error:

"Copying C:\itsutils.dll to WCE:|windows\itsutils.dll\Could not update itsutils.dll to the current version, maybe it is inuse? or maybe your device is application locked.".

I have a Dutch device ( Polaris) and like to dump my rom. Any ideas how to get this puppy running?

BTW, great video's. Thank you.

I did put all the files on my C:\

Dredd67

Feb 10, 2006
Pontarlier
Having a problem on my pc opening the comand "pdocread -l". I use Vista Ultimate and i get this error:

"Copying C:\itsutils.dll to WCE:|windows\itsutils.dll\Could not update itsutils.dll to the current version, maybe it is inuse? or maybe your device is application locked.".

I have a Dutch device ( Polaris) and like to dump my rom. Any ideas how to get this puppy running?

BTW, great video's. Thank you.

I did put all the files on my C:\

Same problem here, French HARD-SPLed Kaiser device, Vista Ultimate.

lodger

Mar 22, 2007
tewkesbury
SO MENY THANKS !!
I have already cooked and flashed my own rom within a few hour of watching the videos..althou my rom is crap!!

Still first time cook worked great second cook is on the way !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't want to double post, so my previous one can be deleted.

I'm a noob just like you all and as easy as the written directions are, its always nice to get a little more help. So I made these screencasts to help you out. I wanted to start fresh, since I'm kind of past the trial run period. Click on the pictures to view the screencasts are below (if there is a serious error, let me know):

Setting UP Your Kitchen (22.4 MB)

Cooking (61.5 MB)

Dumping Your ROM (51.3 MB)

Rebuilding Your ROM (22.3 MB)