[DEV] ICS port for I9000/I9000B - BETA (ICS sources) - work in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

neok

Mar 6, 2006
improvements and issues with beta2

I just installed beta 2 over beta 1, mind you a full wipe is needed!

- The overall speed seems to be improved a bit
- The speed of the task switcher (press and hold home button) has improved alot, about 2x as fast

there are however a few issues:
- pin security for sim does not function correctly (enable/disable works, actualy using it after boot does not)
- DPI has changed, this seems to block a few market apps (due to incompatibility)

marcero

Nov 22, 2010
near Aachen
You have to disable SIM on another ROM and then flash ics. Thats the way I did.

Is this buggy looking bootup before the red fisb normal?
I got at first galaxy S logo screen, then black screen, then a stripe like screen error then a short galaxy s with red fish, then black and then the galaxy s with fish for a longer time. After that i got the colored nexus X logo and normal bootup

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

fahad123

Jun 27, 2010
Lahore
You have to disable SIM on another ROM and then flash ics. Thats the way I did.

Is this buggy looking bootup before the red fisb normal?
I got at first galaxy S logo screen, then black screen, then a stripe like screen error then a short galaxy s with red fish, then black and then the galaxy s with fish for a longer time. After that i got the colored nexus X logo and normal bootup

you have to flash the rom again if it happens.. after GALAXY S screen splash screen you should get fugumod screen and then that rainbow animation!

TotallydubbedHD

Dec 7, 2010
London
www.youtube.com
Making a video as we speak:

Went from BEtA 1 to 2 = no problems:

Dalvik wipes
cache wiped
fixed permissions
flashed kernel b2
flashed rom b2

DPI changer + nitrality DID NOT WORK
Stuck on the small dpi

(forgot to flash kernel 2nd time = meh)

=so no wipe installation from BETA1 worked flawlessly.

Now doing a full wipe installation - to see the difference.

WIPE worked fine - but again DPI changer didn't work, SU fix = thank you for including it in BETA2!

Personally I would stick on BETA1 unless you feel like mocking around with the system in change the dpi - or even if you like the smaller resolution.

Last edited:

marcero

Nov 22, 2010
near Aachen
you have to flash the rom again if it happens.. after GALAXY S screen splash screen you should get fugumod screen and then that rainbow animation!

I got fugumod,if this is the line with red fish.
But i got it twice and between my screen went black and i had a stripe on it similar to lockscreen animation, but only the horizontal line with random vertical position. Boot up after that is petfectly done. I had this on every version since alpha7(the first i use)
I came from darky ROM and flashed JVT Base(Odin) and CM7 JVT Radio with lagfixes disabled and then the ICS Rom.

Vdvx

Jan 20, 2011
Aarstelaar
Dpi

Stop whining about the dpi, you can easily change it:

- Download a file manager with root permissions

- go to /system/build.prop

- goto this line: ro.sf.lcd_density=200 <- change this to 240!

- Reboot and youre done

Btw: good file manager is ES file explorer.

Reactions: derpderpherpderp

goodoane

Jul 22, 2007
Time to give back.
Fully working rom beta2 and JVT modem.
Made for i9000

MD5: c5295941de4d6f496e4d3b229ed1eda9 *ICS_i9000_JVT_Beta2.zip
ICS_i9000_JVT_Beta2.zip

-DPI 240
-pin lock
-last google music
-google TTS
-MTP work smooth
-google videos
-Movie Studio ?...
-Microbes
-market-the last one
-superuser 3.0.7

Removed:
-google+
-google earth
-maps
-google talk
-think free
All of this can be installed via Market

This it was possible only with greats developers: Onecosmic & his Team.
All credit to them!
Thank you all for make this happend.
Later Edit:
GoogleTalk is not showing in Market and here is a version with GoogleTalk, and I have being asked to put the sistem ui that show the right icons for HSPDA and 3G and here it is.

MD5 :5800aa0081023dd5ddb1154a6c5d2b5a *ICS_i9000_JVT_Talk_UI_Beta2.zip
Link: ICS_i9000_JVT_Talk_UI_Beta2.zip

For FM Radio you can install Spirit_FM_v111118 maded by one of the Developers from XDA aka @mikereidis. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13380058&postcount=2
Last version here:http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19464818&postcount=1632
Link: SPIRIT_FM_RADIO
In settings chose: Regional Band> World
Audio Settings>Method>GalaxyS ALSA

Not working:

-video recording
-front camera distorted
-encryption

This is for I9000B

MD5: 8c21dbfa24bdf4aff7a9da473fa7e80d *ICS_i9000B_Talk_UI_Beta2.zip
Link: ICS_i9000B_Talk_UI_Beta2.zip

Last edited:

PsychoTribe

Jun 20, 2008
People, 2 things:

DPI size was a mistake, you can fix it downloading dpi changer from market and set it to 240 dpi, problem solved.

For those that have media fc, reboot recovery and wipe cache / wipe dalvik cache, also for windows you can try with the following drivers:

Thanks to teamhacksug:

http://www.multiupload.com/K8AKGSS9NE

Cheers

DPI changer and lcd density was the first two apps that i tried when you released the beta2 but they didnt work and a lot more was not acessable from marker because the wrong DPI so i came across with the changing the build.prop manualy :) And dont get me wrong - no offence :)
Btw on the lower DPI i think that the phone has a little better performance and the homescreen and appdrawer where smooter. :D
Stop whining about the dpi, you can easily change it:

- Download a file manager with root permissions

- go to /system/build.prop

- goto this line: ro.sf.lcd_density=200 <- change this to 240!

- Reboot and youre done

Btw: good file manager is ES file explorer.
Thats not posible couse ES File Explorer gives the not compatible item in market when you try to download it :) I use ES too and like it a lot.

Last edited:

Nate River

Feb 14, 2011
Düsseldorf
installed beta2, and the simlock bug was fixed for me, i have access to 3g network now, but still no contacts from my sim card. installation was very easy and there were no problems.

rom seems smooth, great work!!! thanks alot

knobbea

Jan 4, 2008
Time to give back.
Fully working rom beta2 and JVT modem.
Made for i9000

http://www.multiupload.com/O8IYZ7OHH6

-DPI 240
-pin lock
-last google music
-google TTS
-MTP work smooth
-google videos
-Movie Studio ?...
-Microbes
-market-the last one
-superuser 3.0.7

Removed:
-google+
-google earth
-maps
-google talk
-think free
All of this can be installed via Market

This it was possible only with greats developers: Onecosmic & his Team.
All credit to them!
Thank you all for make this happend.

Is this a better version then the beta2 version that already was availible...
And is this including the kernel??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

goodoane

Jul 22, 2007
Is this a better version then the beta2 version that already was availible...
And is this including the kernel??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

It is based on the same version(beta2) with some changes. And if I say FULL means that has kernel and baseband for I9000.
I think is improved version.
I am very happy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Links and rom updated:

ICS Sources build Image (Not SDK anymore, version 4.0.1_r1)

BIG, HUGE, MASSIVE, THANKS TO PAWITP FROM CM TEAM!!! (specially camera.aries.so, great job!)

FUGU kernel, linux 3.0, integrated voodoo sound and color :) (big thanks to renaudallard)

Here is the most recent image BETA 2:

Changelog on the second post.

We moved to google code:

http://code.google.com/p/ice-cream-sandwich-sgs/downloads/list

(ATENTION: image comes with a kernel for i9000b, if you have a i9000 international or vibrant, download the correct kernel)

Thanks to ytt3r for the vibrant kernel :)

Agreat tutorial made by ybinnenweg for installation and common issues (Thanks!):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19563068#post19563068

How to root the rom:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19175375&postcount=628

Github's:

http://github.com/onecosmic

http://github.com/syndtr

http://github.com/koaaN

http://github.com/pawitp

http://github.com/teamhacksung

http://github.com/cyanogenmod

IRC channel:

http://webchat.freenode.net/
    ##icssgs <- yes, double ## (we switched channel)

What works:
    Both cellphones:
    Hardware Acceleration
    Audio
    calls, sms, 3g - no more script needed.
    Touch
    Wifi
    SDCards (internal and external)
    Market
    Contacts sync
    Calendar sync
    camera
    panorama mode
    face unlock
    Gps
    data usage
    Partition schemma is now including datadata back to avoid issues with slow movinand devices
    usb support
    bluetooth

What does not work:
    Camera (video recording)
    Phone encryption

I'll be posting updates as soon as i have them.

CREDITS:

Pawitp: ril fixes, hw acc , camera lib hack(big android guy :) ).
    teamhacksung
    Cyanogenmod team
    Syntr: kernel patches
    Galnet : First Release
    kooaN: i9000 kernel update
    Thearc77 : google apps
    WarDrake: mirroring
    ytt3r: kernel patching, vibrant and captivate kernels
    SGS CM team: ICS patches
    Motafoca 3g switch apk

And all the other people that is helping to make this a reality :)

Cheers
    Changelog:

Beta 2:

Adb now works at boot (previously it only worked after the phone full boot was complete)
    PIN lock fixed (it should work, i cannot test it since i dont have pinlocked sim)
    adb reboot recovery now reboot the phone to the recovery instead of performing a normal reboot
    Recovery now allows you to make nandroid backups
    Fixed Market download problem
    Minor fixes (code cleanup)
    Tutorial How to flash Alpha 7! NOOBPROOF

OK, for all you people who are too lazy to read the damn thread or simply don't understand it(no offense) I will write this very noob-proof guide to install alpha 6. This guide is for the I9000 SGS; I’d love to write it for the I9000B, but as I don’t have this device I can’t ensure you everything will work.
    Warning, alpha builds are not fully working!! They may contain bugs & have random reboots, by using this guide you accept this. Also I’m not responsible for hard-bricking your phone, which acually shouldn’t happen if you just follow this guide very exactly.

So we start off, ofcourse we need some files & requirements:
    - A phone with a custom kernel installed!! This is very important as we need to enter CWM(ClockWorkMod(recovery))!
    - The rom itself ( http://ice-cream-sandwich-sgs.googlecode.com/files/ICS_4.0.1_r1-alpha7.zip )
    - The kernel (http://ice-cream-sandwich-sgs.googlecode.com/files/CM7FuguMod_20111124_update-i9000.zip )
    - SuperUser fix (http://ice-cream-sandwich-sgs.googlecode.com/files/Superuser-3.0.6-efgh-signed.zip )
    - 3G fix ( http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=793818&d=1322157965 )
    - The ability to read english & set your brain to read & do mode.

OK, now you’ve downloaded all those files and set your brain to read & do let’s start off.
    First of all we need to disable your simlock, as ICS will not enable your network with a simlock. If you don’t feel like disabling your simlock, there is no point for you flashing ICS.
    To do this we’ll do the following:
    1. Go to settings
    2. Go to the security tab
    3. Click on sim card lock, and disable it.

After you’ve done this you have to make sure your on a JVT rom. Also disable the lagfix.(I’m not going to explain this. Why? Well if you have flashed any custom rom you know how to do this.)

Now hook up your phone to your PC in USB mode, and in the root of your internal storage make a folder called “Flashable zips”. Now copy ALL those zip files you’ve just downloaded to this folder, ALL of them.

After your done we will reboot in recovery, for the beginners a small tutorial.
    1. Turn off your phone by holding down the power button and clicking “power off phone”.
    2. Wait for your phone to TOTALLY turn off, when it is it’ll vibrate for a moment.
    3. Now hold the “Volume UP” + “Home” + “Power” buttons until you see the Galaxy S I9000 logo appear, when the logo appears release the buttons and wait a bit. Now you will be in recovery!

Now we are going to backup your phone, incase you want to return to your old setup. (I will not provide a guide how to return, but as long as you have the backup almost any dev can help you with putting it all back together) Now here follow these exact instructions to backup your current setup.
    1. Use the volume buttons to navigate to “backup and restore”
    2. Press either the power button or home button to select the option. (the text may disappear depending on your kernel, just re-press the button you pressed to make it disappear and the text will be there again)
    3. Now press “Backup” and it will start backing up your phone, this may take a while.. get a coffee.
    Check if the backup was succesfull, the recovery will report this in white/orange tekst.

You’ve succesfully made a nandroid!

Now we need to wipe our phone.
    1. In the recovery menu select “wipe data/factory reset”
    2. Now select “wipe cache partition”
    3. Go ahead and go to the “advanced” option
    4. In there select “wipe Dalvik Cache”
    5. Go back to the menu you were before.

OK, now it’s time to start the actual flashing, again follow these instructions to the letter!
    1. In the recovery menu navigate to “install zip from sdcard” and press your selection key
    2. Now choose the option “choose zip from sdcard”
    3. Navigate to the folder we just made “Flashable zips”
    4. In there select “ICS_4.0.1_r1-alpha7.zip”
    5. Now navigate to the option “Yes – install ICS_4.0.1_r1-alpha7.zip”
    It will now flash the rom.
    Does your phone reboot into a blue recovery menu? Just follow the steps again as discribed above ^.

Once we have done this, we will have to flash the kernel.
    1. In the recovery menu navigate to “install zip from sdcard” and press your selection key
    4. In there select “CM7FuguMod_20111124_update-i9000.zip”
    5. Now navigate to the option “Yes – install CM7FuguMod_20111124_update-i9000.zip”

Once it’s done, go ahead and hit the “reboot system now” option.
    Now wait for the phone to boot. Take a coffee in the meantime, this can take a while.

Now an important thing!!
    Android will comeup with 2 options, first check the box "set as default" then press the FIRST ONE!

When it’s up and running, we need to install script manager. Open up the market and setup your gmail account. Once you’ve done this search in the market for “script manager”, and download & install Script Manager FREE.

We need to flash a 3G fix by WarDrake. It seems the bootanimation is too big and it causes 3G to not work for most of us. Thus the bootanimation needs to be removed. Follow these instructions to flash this package.
    4. In there select “enable3gv3.zip”
    5. Now navigate to the option “Yes – enable3gv3.zip”
    Thanks WarDrake for finding this out!!

Once you've flashed the 3G fix go ahead and flash the superuser fix.
    4. In there select “Superuser-3.0.6-efgh-signed.zip”
    5. Now navigate to the option “Yes – Superuser-3.0.6-efgh-signed.zip”
    When it’s done flashing hit the “reboot system now” option.

Now the 3G script is already included, and you might have noticed a 3G icon above the signal bars, though data still doesn't work. For this part of the tutorial I’d like to thank WarDrake who simplyfied this fix. I’m using his instructions and all credits go to him!!
    1. Open script manager and go navigate to : /etc/init.d
    2. In here select the script named 99enable3g and open it as a script
    3. Now click on the button "help" and select: run as root, run at boot, run on network change. (DO NOT RUN IT)
    4. Hit the “save” button.
    5. Exit script manager

Once you’re done reboot your device and suddenly….

AAMMMMGGG 3GG NETWORKKZZZ <3

Thanks again to WarDrake for this amazing fix!

If you followed my instructions correctly, you should be running Alpha 7! If it doesn't work you are probably one of The Almighty R’tards and you will have to start all over again, good luck.

Now you’ve all noticed I used the same tutorial everytime, that’s because It’s easier for people to understand, and they will learn how to flash files by doing the same procedure over and over.

Disclaimer,
    If you somehow managed to f*ck this up, go to hell and go f*ck yourself.
    Mods feel free to remove my disclaimer.

Written by YBinnenweg(on forums & IRC)

Please look through the F.A.Q before joining IRC and asking the same question over and over.
    F.A.Q
    Q: AAAMGG MIEE PHONE NO BOOOOOTTT?@!?!?!
    A: If you would have read the tutorial you would know that if your phone reboots into a blue recovery menu, you should FLASH THE ROM AGAIN.

Q: My touchscreen doesn't work!
    A: Try reflashing the i9000 kernel, though if you are using a i9000b don't flash it.
    Oke, seems some ppl can't play nice. Thread locked till OP send me a PM or he is ready for update.

Past few days i had to clean the mess up. This has to stop.
    Heads up:

Well, system pushed to 350mb (old system + datadata size), i'll try to put together wifi and removed stuff on a single image.

Cheers