81.1 KB · Views: 764
  • SC20111130-030445.jpg
    SC20111130-030445.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:

gangstar

Jun 14, 2007
London
does it have problems with auto rotate? like big lags? 2-3 seconds lag like the rest of 3.2?

later edit:

YES IT DOES

Last edited:

walropodes

Oct 19, 2011
I've got an 8.9 purchased in Saudi Arabia running Android 3.1 (build number HMJ37 P7300JPKI1), would it be a bad idea to try flashing this on it? I want to upgrade this device to 3.2

gangstar

Jun 14, 2007
London
this one is the latest firmware available. it is 3.2 but it is asian version, it also has all european languages. no 3rd party apps or branding.

walropodes

Oct 19, 2011
Putting it on my device using Odin works.

Interesting, the Saudi Arabia ROM had iOS-style bouncy scrolling while this one doesn't. Maybe Samsung does this differently in different locations to avoid trouble from Apple?

Last edited:

gangstar

Jun 14, 2007
London
i like this rom. but i hate the lag of auto rotation. it sucks....could this be at all 3.2 roms? i have tried 4 and all have it!

Stimpoff

Oct 30, 2006
Prague
I thing rotation lag is a feature not the bug.

I have tried Motley's kernel on this ROM and performance droped significantly...

_motley

Aug 17, 2010
I thing rotation lag is a feature not the bug.

I have tried Motley's kernel on this ROM and performance droped significantly...

Hi Stimpoff, can you give more info about what you mean when you say "performance dropped significantly"? Maybe you meaning this as a good thing when it comes to rotation, but I am curious if you are having issues with the kernel on this ROM.

I agree, the rotation lag may not be a bug. It really doesn't bother me and I think it is better than overly sensitive premature rotation (sounds kinda funny!). One other thing I noted is that it lags the most on the home screen (maybe due to wallpaper reorientation with quality images), but in apps I have found that it doesn't lag nearly as bad. For example, go into settings and try rotation there. It is almost immediate for me. The browser and Polaris Office aren't too bad either.

If you are having bad performance with rotation, you could try to do a horizontal screen calibration in Settings\Screen\Horizontal calibration and see if it helps.

Stimpoff

Oct 30, 2006
Prague
I dont't have problem with rotation lag.. is there and what?!

But I had worse overall performance with your last kernel (2b) in "switch" game it was nicely visible. Flash video as well.

There wasn't any problem with combination Overcome and your kernel, just this ROM.

I consider this ROM as the fastes I tried so far.

mtn_lion

May 9, 2005
Boulder CO
"Best" ROM for Galaxy Tab 8.9?

Sorry, not sure where to post this, will keep it short 'til I'm in the right place:

I just bought an 8.9 and am finding the stock Samsung ROM clunky. (Also this b.s. with Hulu Plus and my favorite live wallpaper not working....) I do like the stock ROM's pop-up access to Settings, but apart from that, it seems like Samsung and/or Honeycomb kinda missed the mark. I don't really want to take the time to put a custom ROM on it, but if there's one that will clearly make the device perform better and isn't full of stuff I don't need--the tab is mostly for work--I might do it. Can anyone recommend the "best" modded ROM for me? GT-P7310.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

darthvonodia

Nov 28, 2011
Can someone make this rom as .zip file if it's possible, because I prefer flashing rom using CWM rather than using odin. Thanks

gangstar

Jun 14, 2007
London
download odin 1.85
you take this file, extract the .tar from the archive and start odin and put the file in PDA slot in odin.
power off ur tablet then press power+volume down until downloading+recovery appears. choose downloading(press volume down to choose) and when downloading is selected press volume up to enter download mode. connect ur tablet to the computer and press start in odin. wait untill "pass" appears.

Top Liked Posts