Athena 1.57.00.00 Radio upgrade...

Search This thread

LTxda

Jan 1, 2005
USA
Here is the upgrade to 1.57.00.00. Enjoy peeps! :cool:

Please please please please search and research before posting your questions. There is another thread around here with previous radio versions that has pretty much answered all common questions...also other threads around that most likely have answered the uncommon questions. ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/95532228/RUU_signed.rar.html

gtm55

Aug 13, 2006

Pawel062

Dec 29, 2006
i have noticed a bit better battery than 1.50, better signal, and i believe it holds on to a weaker 3g signal before going back to edge. cant test the last one except for yesturday bc it seems like my area has been fully turned on. yest i got a weak 3g signal so thats how i knew it kept a weak 3g signal. today i have full bars of 3g.

toyfreak

Feb 9, 2006
Indianapolis
I upgraded from 1.47.00.00 to 1.57.00.00 yesterday and I don't see any noticeable differences, at least from a normal user standpoint. If any issues arise I'll report them here.

LTxda

Jan 1, 2005
USA
I upgraded from 1.47.00.00 to 1.57.00.00 yesterday and I don't see any noticeable differences, at least from a normal user standpoint. If any issues arise I'll report them here.

I find that it now recognizes the network as UMTS where it didn't before, it hangs on to weaker signals much better, faster to recognize 3G/HSDPA signals, at least one more bar in certain areas and less dropped calls. Can't comment on battery atm since i'm on a test ROM which is highly unstable. :)

cornelius

Jun 6, 2005
Semarang
OK... here my report:
Yes, better signal receipt...
more 3G signal...
Now i can make call in my 1st floor house.. (I used can't make any call in my 1st floor with 1.45)

I'm happy with it..
Thanks...

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
I've tested here (Italy, TIM) and comparing 1.50 and 1.57:

1) In weak 3G signals it drops and stays to EDGE, reducing the 3G-EDGE swapping
2) More reliable signal level (with old RADIO I had "apparent" weak coverage but "no signal" trying to place a call)
3) Longer battery life (may be related to less 3G swap or to a reduced refresh)
4) Less 3G coverage (in this moment the phone is exactly in the same place were it was during the last 2 weeks, and were I had a weak 3G (but working) data connection. I have only EDGE now. If I put the phone in flight mode and back to normal I have the same, old, weak, 3G signal, one bar, but after 2-5 seconds it drops and stays on EDGE, full bars)

EDITED
5) much better voice communications in areas were weak 3G was locked instead of 1.57 good edge signal lock.

Last edited:

brucewilsonpa

Mar 24, 2006
PA
I followed the Wiki process for flashing the new 1.57 radio rom from my Advantage 7500 mini-SD storage card, but all I get is "installing..." and nothing happens. I then reformatted the SD card to ensure it is FAT32 copied the ATHEIMG.nbh file to it again and tried -- same result. I changed name to RUU_signed.nbh and put it into the folder in place of the Athena 6.1 nbh -- it tried to install, got to the same screen then timed-out.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong with my setup or approach?

Thanks!

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
I followed the Wiki process for flashing the new 1.57 radio rom from my Advantage 7500 mini-SD storage card, but all I get is "installing..." and nothing happens. I then reformatted the SD card to ensure it is FAT32 copied the ATHEIMG.nbh file to it again and tried -- same result. I changed name to RUU_signed.nbh and put it into the folder in place of the Athena 6.1 nbh -- it tried to install, got to the same screen then timed-out.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong with my setup or approach?

Thanks!

Is your athena SUPERCID? Have you used HARDSPL?

zeer

Dec 1, 2005
Moscow
use small capacity minisd/microsd+adapter card, not SDHC - i guess bootloader doesn't know about different sector sizes...

brucewilsonpa

Mar 24, 2006
PA
use small capacity minisd/microsd+adapter card, not SDHC - i guess bootloader doesn't know about different sector sizes...

Thanks -- I have erased/reformatted my SD and the only file on it is the ATHEIMG.nbh -- I've tried the SD card install and installing it from my pc desktop -- same result -- screen says "Loading..." but nothing happens (when using desktop installer it eventually times out and give me error 260). I have a hard time believing the size of the SD card would cause this but I'm willing to get a smaller one and try it if that's the only alternative.

Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts