[SOLVED] No data after CM7

Search This thread

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
For some reason, whenever I flash CM7 I lose all network connections. Anytime I flash this ROM I get the little blinking triangle in the statusbar. I can't go through the Google sign in because I have no network connection. Here is my method for how I installed:

Enabled Safe System
Formatted /system
Flashed CM7, flashed gapps
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe Cache
Reboot

Everything goes smooth until my phone starts up and shows that stupid little icon. Then I'm pretty much stuck and can't do anything except restore my backup. Any suggestions anyone?

Last edited:

verkerria

Mar 13, 2011
It doesnt go to activation for *228?

Droid 1 Rooted (ChevyNo1 0.9MV Kernel, LGB2.6)
Droid 3 Rooted (Stock Kernel, Custom lite De-bloat)

danielkuhlman

Dec 12, 2010
Ashland
turn on data roaming. And you wiped after flashing? I haven't used safestrap, but try wiping then flashing. 228, option 1 and 2, enable data roaming

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
turn on data roaming. And you wiped after flashing? I haven't used safestrap, but try wiping then flashing. 228, option 1 and 2, enable data roaming

Both data roaming options are selected. Still nothing after reboot. Can't do *228 do to no signal/data/service.

Wiping first, then installing now.

EDIT: Still nothing. I made a backup but still.....I really want CM7 instead.

Last edited:

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Here is a dumb idea but do you have Wi-Fi you can access to set it up? Does hitting all four corners bypass setup?

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Here is a dumb idea but do you have Wi-Fi you can access to set it up? Does hitting all four corners bypass setup?

I was at work but now being at home I can connect it to Wifi to get through the setup but that's where things get even more weird lol. I get through setup and everything and the ROM boots up perfect except of course for not having any service. The blinking triangle is still there, but I can make and receive calls. Can't download anything market and can't bring up anything on the browser unless I stay on Wifi. I can't always be connected to Wifi though. I think I'm just going to SBF back to stock, then try to install this thing. If that doesn't work then I'm just going to give up lol. I've been going at this for 20 hours straight and can't figure it out, maybe it just wasn't meant to be lol.

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Double check your SIM card? For some reason CM7 is very picky right now about the SIM being installed.

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Double check your SIM card? For some reason CM7 is very picky right now about the SIM being installed.

No SIM card installed. I've tried *228 to activate and it said it worked. Then did *228 to update roaming capabilities which said it worked too. Still get the triangle and no data though. I just did a SBF back to stock 5.6.890 (XT862) and am going to try to install again. Will post again with an update.

Ok. I redownloaded CM7 to make sure it wasn't a bad download.

SBF back to stock 5.6.890
Re rooted and reinstalled safestrap 1.0
Rebooted and pressed menu button to get into recovery
Enabled safeboot
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
flashed CM7
flashed patch
flashed gapps
Reboot ---> Same results. WTF is going on with this phone????

I also tried all the steps above with the exception of flashing the patch files and I still got the same results.

Maybe this will help. This is what I see after I flash everything and reboot, in the About Phone>Status menu:

My Phone Number: Unknown
MIN: Unknown
PRL Version: Unknown
MEID: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Network: Unknown
Signal Strength: -95 dBm 0asu
Mobile Network type: CDMA - EvDo rev.A
Service State: In service
Roaming: Not Roaming
Mobile Network State: Disconnected

Going to do the *228 now and see if anything changes.

After *228, then *228 option 2:

My Phone Number: 740xxxxxxx <----correct number
MIN: 7403025845 <------correct number
PRL Version: 52629 <-----now shows PRL
Network: Unknown <------ Still says Unknown
Signal Strength: -94 dBm 0asu
Mobile Network State: Disconnected <---- Still disconnected

After doing *228, it did say that it could take up to 15 minutes so I guess it's just a waiting game now but I seriously doubt it will change.

Last edited:

ChaoticWeaponry

Oct 23, 2011
No SIM card installed. I've tried *228 to activate and it said it worked. Then did *228 to update roaming capabilities which said it worked too. Still get the triangle and no data though. I just did a SBF back to stock 5.6.890 (XT862) and am going to try to install again. Will post again with an update.

Enabled safeboot
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
flashed CM7
flashed patch
flashed gapps

I also tried all the steps above with the exception of flashing the patch files and I still got the same results.

Maybe this will help. This is what I see after I flash everything and reboot, in the About Phone>Status menu:

After doing *228, it did say that it could take up to 15 minutes so I guess it's just a waiting game now but I seriously doubt it will change.

He meant you need the SIM card inserted for data to work. Try putting the SIM card in (you dont need to have it activated -- just inserted)

Reactions: spc_hicks09

Jphatcher84

Dec 12, 2010
Boot up go into dev tools and select bad behavior, crash system server it will reboot phone and you will have 3g.I know because I done this lol..it doesn't stick though so every time you reboot you will have to do this.. It's what I had to do until I got a Sim card....

Reactions: fonephreaks

Jphatcher84

Dec 12, 2010
You will have 3g if you crash the system server through dev tools...it may be annoying every boot up but if you want cm7 bad enough it's worth it. I done it until I got a Sim card.

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
You will have 3g if you crash the system server through dev tools...it may be annoying every boot up but if you want cm7 bad enough it's worth it. I done it until I got a Sim card.

Yeah I'm not doing that every time I reboot my phone. I reboot a lot because I'm always doing stuff. It needs to just get fixed.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

fonephreaks

Jun 21, 2008
Boot up go into dev tools and select bad behavior, crash system server it will reboot phone and you will have 3g.I know because I done this lol..it doesn't stick though so every time you reboot you will have to do this.. It's what I had to do until I got a Sim card....

using this method I got my 3g to work without a sim card. I bought the D3 off craigslist and it didn't have a vzw SIM card . :\

owen.d

Dec 5, 2011
I use China Mobile 2g ​​network, gprs normal, but the two sides call silent, to solve?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Enabled safeboot
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik
    flashed CM7
    flashed patch
    flashed gapps

He meant you need the SIM card inserted for data to work. Try putting the SIM card in (you dont need to have it activated -- just inserted)
    Is that just a CM7 thing? Never had one on stock or on DarkDroid and data worked just fine.

Yeah, CM7 is still in it's beta stages. Hashcode is still working out the bugs (although currently working on ICS)