Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MAR0812] AmeriCanAndroid AOSP HD2 GB2.3.7 CM7.2 | bk2sdext [KERNEL:ACA823]

Tip us?

xanthrax
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6963

DONATE TO ME
I was night duty tonight and I've tried to use my Internet connection.... Data drops tooooo frequently... Only rebooting solve it but... Is that hard to fix it and what else will be affected then?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

[Krueger]Dr.Stein
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I do not know about you guys but this data drop issue is a hit and miss for me.

Used to clean install to avoid it but found out after that it does not help.

Now I just copy over the files and this time around no data drop coming from a data drop version.

And I can expect the problem will return on the next installment.

Or not.
[Krueger]Dr.Stein
Your SOUL May Belong To GOD
But Your ASS Is All MINE

bladenet
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hi! i have a problem.. why if i create a folder in to sd card, when i unlink my phone from pc and i want watch the files and the folder, the phone don't find it! o.O
The Following User Says Thank You to bladenet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d3m0n1
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladenet View Post
hi! i have a problem.. why if i create a folder in to sd card, when i unlink my phone from pc and i want watch the files and the folder, the phone don't find it! o.O
That's a problem, that is present since Android version 2.3.4. The best solution is to boot into WM to copy files to your card, or to insert the card directly to card reader, and do the copying. After you have finished, boot into android again. Another workaround is to install Multimount widget from market, but it has been said, that using it might lead to data corruption on the sd card.

Br
d3m0n

cporeaux
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default Never Say Good bye

Hi guys,
Just to tell you that the dark side of the force has called me, and not only because he is my father, but....
i've bought the SGN and received it yesterday...

My good old HD2 has done great job, and he'll have a secodn live thourgh WinMo in my familiy (sister).
very goos rom that this AmeriCanAnddroid, and i hope you a lot of good friday burger's again ;)

(will still play with it till decembre 25th ;))

Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16Gb GSM - Stock ROM

HD2/Leo EU - Radio 2.15.50.14
MicroSD 16Gb class 8
OS : Android SD : AmeriCanAndroid (build 2011/11/29, data.img since 2011/11/08)

abotiz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This post is intended to bring Sensor problems to light (lol)

(I have searched only in XDA in HD2 sections, there are of course other phones with the same problem, a quick google search gives 10 times more topics about the same problem on the same phone on other sites, so yeah, were not minority and the problem really renders the phone useless after calls, the luxury of being able to check messages/time/play games/record call/turning on any app, during & after a call, things so basic, is something we live without every day)

Topic #1
Topic #2
Topic #3
Topic #4
Topic #5
Topic #6
Topic #8
Topic #9
Topic #10
Topic #11
Topic #12
Topic #13

And my topic.. for what it's worth
Topic #14

So please dont shrug your shoulders and ignore this, If we all help out we could solve this problem, and for those who get annoyed about multiple threads about the same thing, we could have had 13 threads less (motivation anyone?)

xanthrax
Old
(Last edited by xanthrax; 4th December 2011 at 06:45 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6963

DONATE TO ME
Default @ abotiz

this issue seems to have no solution and it seems not to boder at all to many developers (my sentence looks strange , isn`t it?) `cause first of all this happen only in low light (evening , night) when if you bring near a strong light , a bulb or a cigarete lighter it will come back to screen on . what i use is SCREEBL https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result from market with IN-CALL BEHAVIOR == SCREEN LOCKED ON and when i call a number and if i want to dial an extension i will keep still the mobile in horizontal position and the screen will remain on untill i move it to ear . then , you know , black screen during and after call as usual but will be on after hang up sometimes pressing windows button .

dtokez
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Whats the best app to change lcd density and what should i change it too? So anoying this market problem

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Robbie P
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2883
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtokez View Post
Whats the best app to change lcd density and what should i change it too? So anoying this market problem

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
You can use lcd density app from market.
Change to 240 or 160 depending on how good your eyesight is
Note you have to change it on each reboot.
A more permanent change can be done depending on whether you use magldr.
For magldr, use file browser lite app and edit system/build.prop, fiind ro.lcd-density and change to one of the above values.
For clrcad/haret booting, just edit the startup.txt using a text editor to one of the above values.
You could then follow robE's advice and change all mention of HD2 in build.prop.
Good luck

HTC HD2 (EU)
SPL 2.08. HSPL3;
Magldr 1.13 thanks bepe & Cotulla
On NAND - WP7.8 pdaimatejam v8.8 thanks to pdaimatejam, DFT, YukiXDA, xboxmod etc
On SDcards - Numerous Android SD builds & NativeSD ROMs (Thanks boonbing, Xylograph, securecrt & Almighty tytung!)
Radio 2.15.50.14 & Thanks to everyone@XDA
Recognised Contributor Code of Conduct

Learning Never Ends Team member

phatphat
Old
Thanks Meter 2
First I want to thank the devs for a great job over the last year while I've been an avid user of their excellent SD roms....

....but the time has come to go NAND as even though I love ACA, with my new job, data drops is something that can actually cost me money.

I know this may seem slightly off topic for this thread, but I want to hear from current ACA users about what NAND would be closest experience to our ACA.

I just want a nice snappy, and stable NAND rom - no bells and whistles - just one that works and is solid as a rock for Tmous.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Tags
battery drain, bürgermeister, cm7, copes sd, fast, gingerbread, hd2, no battery drain :-), pure leo, warrenbread