Adonit jot - the best capacitive stylus in existent

Search This thread

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
Okay, just got my normal Jot today.
Three points:
  1. I didn't get any shipment mail, but in the confirm mail I was told, that I'll get a seperate mail once the Jot is shipped.
    That's not super bad, but maybe the tech crew should look at :)
  2. The little plastic thing holding the protection cap was surrounded by tape. I guess that is because it was originally to small and won't fit with the cap.
    That looked a bit cheap besided the well designed rest of the packaging :)
  3. My disc is pretty loosy too, but at the moment the Jot works very good :) Can't really test it now, only on my DHD which hasn't got the best touchpanel ;)
    Waiting for my TF Prime to arrive to see the real deal :)

So far I like it very much :)

Reactions: Fortigurn

Nainconpetant

Oct 22, 2011
Terrebonne, Quebec
Okay, just got my normal Jot today.
Three points:
  1. I didn't get any shipment mail, but in the confirm mail I was told, that I'll get a seperate mail once the Jot is shipped.

When did u order it and where do you live ?

bought mine on monday, have'nt get any shipping email either and was expecting one also.

cant wait to receive my jot

Spidey01

Sep 16, 2011
Duluth
Where do they ship through to the USA? From the sight I'm assuming it eventually comes out of Taiwan.

Since it's the only one I could find with a tip more pencil like, I've ordered a Jot :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
Just got my replacement disks...and yup definitely fixed the skipping problem. I hope these don't degenerate though...otherwise...excellent customer service.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

xGary

Jul 15, 2010
@Adonit

I received my Jot pro a few days ago but I can't really test it out anytime soon since I was planning on getting it for my Transformer Prime (which doesn't seem to be available anytime soon) and am also too busy to go to a Bestbuy to test it since exams are happening.

All I can do right now is test it on my old Android smartphone and it doesn't seem as good as some of the videos/reviews show. So if later (maybe 2 weeks later) I test it out and it turns out to be bad can I still get replacement disks for free sent to me? Cause shipping to Canada takes $15 friggin dollars.

andyrubin1

Jan 24, 2011
to early adopters: how're the precision disks holding up???

to the manufacturers: how long do you expect the disks to last for "an average user"???

to everybody: anybody tried it on the original nook color??? is it good enough for hand writing notes???

thx to all!!!:D

Fortigurn

Jul 1, 2010
Taipei
adonit.net
I didn't get any shipment mail, but in the confirm mail I was told, that I'll get a seperate mail once the Jot is shipped.
That's not super bad, but maybe the tech crew should look at :)

bought mine on monday, have'nt get any shipping email either and was expecting one also.

Thanks, I will pass this on to our shipping department. I'm aware that Amazon shipping notifications are hit and miss, but I'll check ours as well.

[*]The little plastic thing holding the protection cap was surrounded by tape. I guess that is because it was originally to small and won't fit with the cap. That looked a bit cheap besided the well designed rest of the packaging :)

Not sure what this means, but will check our packing this afternoon.

[*]My disc is pretty loosy too, but at the moment the Jot works very good :) Can't really test it now, only on my DHD which hasn't got the best touchpanel ;)

Glad to hear it. :)

Where do they ship through to the USA? From the sight I'm assuming it eventually comes out of Taiwan.

No, they're shipped from Amazon in the US.

Just got my replacement disks...and yup definitely fixed the skipping problem. I hope these don't degenerate though...otherwise...excellent customer service.

Excellent, thanks for letting us know. :)

So if later (maybe 2 weeks later) I test it out and it turns out to be bad can I still get replacement disks for free sent to me? Cause shipping to Canada takes $15 friggin dollars.

Yes, you will be sent replacement discs for free. Shipping to Canada is incredibly annoying, but unfortunately we can't control postal service prices. This is why I recommend customers either purchase additional discs at the same time as they buy their Jot, or (even better), wait until they need them, and get them from us for free later. :D

Last edited:

Nainconpetant

Oct 22, 2011
Terrebonne, Quebec
Originally Posted by Nainconpetant :

Thanks, I will pass this on to our shipping department. I'm aware that Amazon shipping notifications are hit and miss, but I'll check ours as well.

i actually bought mine from adonit site directly because i live in canada and amazon couldnt ship jot to my address.

Since i bought it on last monday and that a week pass now, i hope ill get it soon

b0lt

Sep 14, 2009
Not sure what this means, but will check our packing this afternoon.

Yes, you will be sent replacement discs for free. Shipping to Canada is incredibly annoying, but unfortunately we can't control postal service prices. This is why I recommend customers either purchase additional discs at the same time as they buy their Jot, or (even better), wait until they need them, and get them from us for free later. :D

I got mine from amazon on Thursday, and mine has tape around the cap holder thing as well. It looks like it's masking tape or something, I took a picture of it and attached it.

Also, I think my disc is defective as well, it's skipping around a bit when I'm writing and it's wobbly as hell when I lift the pen. Should I send an email to help@adonit.net? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20111205_140743.jpg
    IMG_20111205_140743.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 102

Nainconpetant

Oct 22, 2011
Terrebonne, Quebec
well.....

Got my jot today

as i took it out from package, i discover it already has a scratch as showed on the following picture :mad: :

in the 2 default note programs that come with my Galaxy tab 10.1 it does skip

So i downloaded the supernote apk from that xda thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204931 and it doesnt seem to skip

am disapointed of the product since it has a scratch and i can write down with my fingers faster and with more freedom than with the jot.

I guess that product was designed mainly for painters and drawers and not for note takers..... and that i will have to keep it that way since i will NOT pay to send it back..... 15$ shipping cost, one time was enough for a 20$ product...

I've sent the exact same email to help@adonit.net

Alexane_A

Oct 16, 2011
Coppet
www.lesenfantsdelo.com
I got the Adonit Jot Pro a week ago, ordered at end of October. I got the Pro because the normal one wasn't available. First impression : it's really, really beautiful.
Second impression : I think there should be a user manual somewhere, because I had no idea what it would look like and the plastic disk surprised me a bit. So before doing anything foolish, I searched on the internet and saw that it was normal, and that it was not something random to protect the tip.
Anyway, then, I took the TF and tried writing something, I was not very happy with it. I'm using the Writepad Stylus application, and it skips all the time, like I can't even write four words before it stops reacting. I've tried changing all the parameters of the application, calibrating it, etc., but nothing changed.
For drawing, it's ok, but I bought it specifically to take notes, and I can't do that :( I don't know if I've got one of the "skipping" ones, I hope not.
I don't have any sreen protector, I'm running the latest firmware.

xidium

Apr 30, 2008
I received my adonit jot a week ago and i love the idea but it simply doesn't work well for me. I bought my transformer to take notes in class and when trying to do so i'm spending more time fixing the mistakes of the jot than i am paying attention :mad: when writing it consistently skips. i have three different note taking apps and i get the same performance on all three, and when testing on my atrix i get the same issues. i recently bought a basic rubber tipped capacitive stylus from AYL and its very responsive. However it isn't as accurate/precise as the jot when it works :rolleyes: anyone have suggestions or is the only solution to get replacement disks?

Nainconpetant

Oct 22, 2011
Terrebonne, Quebec
I received my adonit jot a week ago and i love the idea but it simply doesn't work well for me. I bought my transformer to take notes in class and when trying to do so i'm spending more time fixing the mistakes of the jot than i am paying attention :mad: when writing it consistently skips. i have three different note taking apps and i get the same performance on all three, and when testing on my atrix i get the same issues. i recently bought a basic rubber tipped capacitive stylus from AYL and its very responsive. However it isn't as accurate/precise as the jot when it works :rolleyes: anyone have suggestions or is the only solution to get replacement disks?

With supernote apps, u shouldnt have problem. Like i stated in my post, taking notes with ur fingers in supernote is almost easier and faster than with the jot.

If u get skipping problem, send them an email to help@adonit.net and they will send you free replacement disc. But just i said, with supernotes, i found out the jot isnt as fast as i can go with my fingers...

Fortigurn

Jul 1, 2010
Taipei
adonit.net
I've spent some time investigating a few issues to answer these questions.

I got mine from amazon on Thursday, and mine has tape around the cap holder thing as well. It looks like it's masking tape or something, I took a picture of it and attached it.

Apparently this was a temporary fix by shipping staff for a problem with small moulding parts in the Jot cases we received from the manufacturer. However, the amount of tape in your photo is far more than was supposed to be used. Regardless, this temporary fix only affected a very small number of Jots sent last month. No Jots have been sent like this since.

Also, I think my disc is defective as well, it's skipping around a bit when I'm writing and it's wobbly as hell when I lift the pen. Should I send an email to help@adonit.net? Thanks

Yes. :)

am disapointed of the product since it has a scratch and i can write down with my fingers faster and with more freedom than with the jot.

I guess that product was designed mainly for painters and drawers and not for note takers..... and that i will have to keep it that way since i will NOT pay to send it back..... 15$ shipping cost, one time was enough for a 20$ product...

I've sent the exact same email to help@adonit.net

Thanks, we have received your email and we are addressing your issue. I am happy to send you a free Jot to replace the scratched one you received. You can send the scratched one back to us at our expense; we will send you a FedEx label.

I got the Adonit Jot Pro a week ago, ordered at end of October. I got the Pro because the normal one wasn't available. First impression : it's really, really beautiful.

:D

Second impression : I think there should be a user manual somewhere, because I had no idea what it would look like and the plastic disk surprised me a bit. So before doing anything foolish, I searched on the internet and saw that it was normal, and that it was not something random to protect the tip.

It's explained on our site. :)

Anyway, then, I took the TF and tried writing something, I was not very happy with it. I'm using the Writepad Stylus application, and it skips all the time, like I can't even write four words before it stops reacting. I've tried changing all the parameters of the application, calibrating it, etc., but nothing changed.
For drawing, it's ok, but I bought it specifically to take notes, and I can't do that :( I don't know if I've got one of the "skipping" ones, I hope not.
I don't have any sreen protector, I'm running the latest firmware.

Thanks, please send an email to help@adonit.net; we will send you a pair of replacement discs free of charge, to see if that helps.

Since this is a new purchase, please send an email to help@adonit.net.

Alexane_A

Oct 16, 2011
Coppet
www.lesenfantsdelo.com
Even if it's explained on the site, you might want to put a little something in the package, people may be a bit surprised and they might not be connected to the web at that instant.
Anyway, thanks for the proposition, I'll try some more to be sure it's really a problem with the Jot and not the app, and if it goes on, I'll write you an email !

BTW, the bronze one is almost exactly the same color as the TF, I love it :)

Edit : So I tried it on another application, with a glove this time, and... it skips :( I'll have to ask for the replacement disks, I guess !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anything, this thread is a perfect demonstration why I'd rather shoot myself in the head than do anything with sales.
    I highly recommend it. It is by far the best one out there. Way better than the new dagi p602. It's incredible. I'm amazed how much better it is than everything else I have tried.

Added by edit 3/17/2012

A lot of people have been asking about the conductive grease. The following is the one I use and it works great. Also cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bender-OX-100B-Anti-Oxidant-Compound/dp/B000BODU66/ref=pd_sim_e_16

You can also find conductive grease at local hardware stores, like home depot. Just ask an associate. I think you can get one as cheap as like $1.75.
    Should have gotten an ipad.

How is that relevant and or helpful?

Yes because i wanted to pay more for half the horse power half the functionality and have ios5 which looks like a said Chinese copy of honeycomb.

Are you serious?...............twat

Any help on my actual question is appreciated thanks :)
    Just never mind. Go with the typical fat-ass rubber tip. Or even better. Go get an ipad.

Yes, this has to be the right answer on my stupid and probably pretty complicated question...
    skipping issues solved

So i've bought both the adonit jot classic and the new jot pro. Both of them started skipping a few days after i got them, this is on my tf101.
    I sent adonit support an email and they've been nice enough to send replacement disks for both the pens. Didn't solve anything...
    I was just about to give up and move on, then i found this great app that changes touch screen sensitivity. The trial version is available on google play here: TouchScreenTune.
    There are different versions for galaxy note, s2, etc.
    The trial thing means it won't remember settings after you turn the screen off and back on. It isn't really that big of a deal, so just stick to trial, because the way to purchase the full version is kinda sketchy... the dev wants you to send him money via paypal, and he'll send an email with the reg code.
    Anyway, it solves skipping and makes the stylus way more precise, even without using capacitive paste on the tip of the stylus.
    Hope this helps anyone who's annoyed with the pen, also adonit ;)

--
    Remember to press the thanks button if i helped.