WM6.1 080408 Final For Excalibur WWE with English - By Kavana

Tip us?

crimsonblake
Old
Banned
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaplus View Post
Does Tmobile proxy trick works on this ROM?

Does Google Map My Location work on this ROM?
Yes the T-mobile proxy "trick" works just fine.

Reeg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaplus View Post
Help!! I'm in the middle of flash!!

Now it asks me ""execute SPL now - press center button on your Excalibur and screen should turn nearly white". What should I do?
I click the center button on the direction pad, but the screen doesn't turn white?

Update: I found JumpSPL.exe under phone root directory. So I executed it, now the phone stops at a screen says: Jump Address 0x00000, and a OK button. What should I do now?

Please help....
Just make sure that once you hit enter and the screen on your phone goes white, you need to go to ActiveSync - Connection Settings - and disable USB Connections. Then proceed with setup.

oldsap
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevitoNY View Post
i will attempt to flash again is that unlock file in the USPL folder supposed to be an exe file cuz for me its a cab that i have to install into the phone
first thing you have to do is install the application unlocker, then remove your microSD, then reboot your phone, then upgrade your phone
http://oldsap.blogspot.com

SpeakerPhone Auto ON - Automatically turn on your speakerphone
OS Profiler - Volume Profile Scheduler.
DontSleep Wifi - will automatically turn on your wifi while preventing your device from going into sleep mode.
OS Logger - Log your SMS on your Calendar
i780 Flashing Guide
CNitrogen - Titanium Plugin for Nitrogen Music Player
SMSer - send multiple sms to multiple contacts

gadgetshrink
Old
(Last edited by gadgetshrink; 8th March 2008 at 01:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsap View Post
(5)Getting your device to write in English, you will need to install the "eT9 text app" to your device, and copy it to the windows directory, soft reset your device, next, install the "JogBar" app and check mark the box "Enable T9 " and you use the "alt" key to exit out from the Chinese writing.

i've installed the eT9 text app, and rebooted, then installed the JogBar app and checked the Enable T9 already. But when i write a text file and i press alt+space, the setup for keytouch still appears. i still don't have the eT9 thingy. i can't get to this part: and you use the "alt" key to exit out from the Chinese writing.

Any help guys?
Oldsap,

What are you trying to do exactly? Get the entry field/T9 in English? If that is your question, I didn't use the JogBar app was able to get mine in all English doing the following:

1) Hit alt-space when in some type of text-entry field.
2) Press up (Setup).
3) Select 2-EN (for English).
4) 'Display Candidates List' will pop up (Yes if you want them)

Then, when back in some type of text-entry field:
1) Hit alt-space, then
2) Press down on the pad (Lang), and
3) then Left (to select EN).

That worked for me. Make sure you have changed your regional settings in all areas as well and, as you mentioned, dropped the attached file into the windows folder.

Let me know if that works, if not, I'll rethink what steps I took.
Attached Files
File Type: txt eT9.Excalibur.0409.kmap.txt - [Click for QR Code] (2.5 KB, 778 views)

gadgetshrink
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The messaging shortcut (e.g. short_msg.lnk) is fixed to open up the text messaging. As I want the 'account picker' to be displayed, the link needed editing.

Here's the attachment. Just unzip and drop in your windows directory and replace the ROM's version. If you like it defaulting to the text messaging and don't care about the account picker, you don't need to do anything.
Attached Files
File Type: zip short_MSG.zip - [Click for QR Code] (139 Bytes, 260 views)

kavana
Old
(Last edited by kavana; 10th March 2008 at 04:36 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetshrink View Post
The messaging shortcut (e.g. short_msg.lnk) is fixed to open up the text messaging. As I want the 'account picker' to be displayed, the link needed editing.

Here's the attachment. Just unzip and drop in your windows directory and replace the ROM's version. If you like it defaulting to the text messaging and don't care about the account picker, you don't need to do anything.
just use Accessories\Command Processor input:

LINK %W\short_MSG.lnk,tmail.exe,-service "SMS"

then press Processor

I've fix the MSG button in the original keyboard driver,so now you can map the MSG button to any app.just rename the app link name to short_MSG.lnk and put it into windows folder

Technology
Old
(Last edited by Technology; 10th March 2008 at 02:44 PM.)
Banned
Thanks Meter 0
Cool MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtislanham View Post
Is anyone else having problems with MMS? Using the settings on the T-Mobile wireless configurator, I am able to send pictures to others, and they receive them ok. However, I cannot receive incoming messages. When I try Send/Receive from the MMS menu, I get "Error Synchronizing"
Try setting your carrier as the default MMS......!

gadgetshrink
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by montai_hotmail View Post
I have problem with internet sharing program. When I try to press connect but nothing happen. Anyone have the same problem?
Use this cab, and install to main memory. Fixed it for me although no items are shown in the PC Connection and Network Connection. I'm using it to tether while writing this e-mail. The original thread this came from is found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=644
Attached Files
File Type: cab ICSInstall.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (174.1 KB, 336 views)

kavana
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged_inc View Post
This is a great ROM, well built.

Given my device now thinks its a Dopod c720w, clearly that is the origin of the ROM. A question though - is this WM 6.1 build based on an official Dopod build? Or is it based on beta code?

I have also noticed that the Internet Explorer in this ROM does not have issues with php pages like the latest HTC official build.

Love it, and thanks
Base on Brightpoint 1.33
Cause I'm a chinese,in china Excalibur call DopodC720W,so i change the name to DopodC720W,you can OverWrite the ModelName.txt in Windows folder to change the Module Name.

kavana
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleclown View Post
After 30 min testing I can say - best rom ever.
I will This is new HTC WM6 ROM v.s. Kavana WM6.1 ROM for me:
Kavana ROM:
+more settings
+more software
+easy installation
+better IEP
+cool default theme
+more language layouts

HTC ROM:
+Better Radio
+More free RAM
+Official release and thats why Less buggy

Important for the new Kavana ROM - everbody who don't use voice command, must remove voice shortcut from windows/startup directory - this will increase free RAM and battery life.

I use Radio the same as HTC's last 1.33 official ROM.