Launchers

Search This thread

Pilgrimtozion

Nov 30, 2011
I am very happy with the Launcher that comes with the Atrix 2. Why would I purchase or download a different one?

Customizability and tons of more options. With an aftermarket launcher, you can pretty much tweak the look and feel of your device to suit your needs and desires. You can make it look like "your" device. It doesn't hurt anything to install one of the free launchers and try it out. I would actually recommend it. I personally use LauncherPro but ADW and GoLauncher are pretty good choices as well. If they don't suit your needs then there are many other options on the market. If none of them spark your interest then the stock launcher may be your launcher of choice. It's all about options and choices...Take that iPhone guys!!!

Reactions: Pilgrimtozion

anthromatt

Jan 2, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I was fine with the stock launcher with one exception...I cannot stand the horizontal page scrolling for the app drawer. If I wanted my phone to behave like an iPhone I would have kept my iPhone.

So I use ADW or Zeam and got the vertical scrolling back. :)

Pilgrimtozion

Nov 30, 2011
Most helpful reply, lilhaiti. I am not familiar with Launchers, new to Android, but quick to learn. Thanks!

nahuelarg86

Sep 17, 2011
Minneapolis
Sorry if I hijack the thread, but today I installed the ADW Ex and I don't know how to switch back to the original launcher.
Can anyone give me a hand?

anthromatt

Jan 2, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I have not found a way to switch without uninstalling ADW. There used to be (still is?) a "home switcher" app in the market. I have used it in the past on other phones I've owned. I don't know if that would work on our phones or not.

Reactions: nahuelarg86

anthromatt

Jan 2, 2008
Sacramento, CA
The home switcher app should work. Otherwise, you can go to manage apps from settings, select the launcher and remove default. Once you hit your home button again, it will ask you to select your default again.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA App
D'oh! I totally forgot about the remove default option. Using an iPhone for 7 months made me dumb. :)

nahuelarg86

Sep 17, 2011
Minneapolis
Thanks for the answers. I went to app manager and under ADW the option "clear defaults" is greyed (not available) and it says "No defaults set".

Edit: I just tried the home switcher app and it doesn't work either, I can "launch" the original launcher but when I put "set as default" the app crashes.
Do you think if I uninstall ADW I would go back to the original launcher?

Last edited:

CapnPez

Nov 1, 2010
Mocksville, NC
OnePlus 8 Pro
Thanks for the answers. I went to app manager and under ADW the option "clear defaults" is greyed (not available) and it says "No defaults set".

Edit: I just tried the home switcher app and it doesn't work either, I can "launch" the original launcher but when I put "set as default" the app crashes.

I would assume that uninstalling adw would let you choose the stock launcher the next time you hit your home button.

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
I would assume that uninstalling adw would let you choose the stock launcher the next time you hit your home button.

This should be true. For some reason with this phone when you install a third party launcher it automatically sets that launcher to default. So by removing ADW you should get the stock launcher back.

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
I don't know much about this launcher, but ADWLauncher EX is on sale for $0.10 on the Android Market ONLY today. If you want to try it, tonight is the time to get it.

P.S- There's a useful free tool called "HomeSmack" that lets you toggle between multiple launchers at once.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The home switcher app should work. Otherwise, you can go to manage apps from settings, select the launcher and remove default. Once you hit your home button again, it will ask you to select your default again.

Customizability and tons of more options. With an aftermarket launcher, you can pretty much tweak the look and feel of your device to suit your needs and desires. You can make it look like "your" device. It doesn't hurt anything to install one of the free launchers and try it out. I would actually recommend it. I personally use LauncherPro but ADW and GoLauncher are pretty good choices as well. If they don't suit your needs then there are many other options on the market. If none of them spark your interest then the stock launcher may be your launcher of choice. It's all about options and choices...Take that iPhone guys!!!
    I have not found a way to switch without uninstalling ADW. There used to be (still is?) a "home switcher" app in the market. I have used it in the past on other phones I've owned. I don't know if that would work on our phones or not.

This should be true. For some reason with this phone when you install a third party launcher it automatically sets that launcher to default. So by removing ADW you should get the stock launcher back.