141.6°F - "A New Record!" | What's the hottest battery temp you've seen?

Search This thread

dustintheweb

Feb 27, 2010
Tulsa
So this week I've discovered a hidden feature on my Rezound: it doubles as a portable pocket burner. Not sure if that is too be expected (having read through the other battery threads, it seems that 120°F is typical eye-bulge territory), but if it happens again i'll probably start the replacement phone process.

This happened off charger, just playing a high quality graphics game for 20 minutes.

Just seems a bit high to me, but any further insight is welcome. (as a comparison i've read on the Galaxy Nexus forums that a few folks are getting ancy at around the 120°F mark as well).

Maybe the Rezound is just has a poor design in reference to heat dissipation? Maybe I have a defect? I can live with it, so long as I know its not that big of a deal. I'd like to avoid waking up next to a phone shaped melt hole on my night stand.

Attachments

• mbFGv.jpg
    mbFGv.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,222
Last edited:

triton302

Feb 7, 2010
NoVA
Did you try frying any bacon or eggs on the screen?

Phone would triple as a portable skillet! Lol

nev310

Jun 30, 2008
Memphis, TN
That's 60 °c. That is way to hot for a phone. Hottest I have seen on my phone is 54°c 129°f

Sent from my HTC Rezound

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
I've never had a phone go past about 40°C. I haven't really pushed the rezound that hard yet, so I will try that later today.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

jim_0068

Jul 12, 2009
It's defective, return it. I did and received my replacement and with hard use it hasn't gone above 105* whereas my last one would routinely get into the 130's

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

Reactions: dustintheweb

dustintheweb

Feb 27, 2010
Tulsa
I've never had a phone go past about 40°C. I haven't really pushed the rezound that hard yet, so I will try that later today.

If I remember correctly, I was using the new Onlive app for the temp in my OP (but it gets north of 125°F commonly on normal games). If you (or anyone else reading this) have that app, would you mind running it for few minutes & reporting back? It wouldn't surprise me if it played a role in tipping the temp over the edge (Onlive is a magical service // magic = power).

It's defective, return it. I did and received my replacement and with hard use it hasn't gone above 105* whereas my last one would routinely get into the 130's

^^ Nice. This is what we all need to know. Can you do something fancy / intensive w/ your replacement phone for a few minutes and see if you can get it into bacon mode again? (gaming or streaming w/ 4G enabled, etc).

If we can confirm that "hot phone" is somehow a hardware issue, its warranty time. :cool:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts