Thread Closed

[GUIDE] Get 5GB storage with box.net and any device

9th December 2011, 02:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 359

875 posts
More
I've seen this guide in various places but i thought it would be most useful in here. I have searched to see if anyone has posted this here but found nothing.

MOD EDIT: Any app/guide that leads to defrauding a Company of money by spoofing their services is considered Warez.

Mounting Box.net on your Desktop
Linux Users

For those on linux theres a way to mount the box drive as webdavfs.
Original Link: http://www.thetechrepo.com/id=537 (Credit to alienmind for finding - say Thanks)

You can easily mount a WebDAV filesystem on Linux so that you can access the files just like they were on your local computer. One way to do is to install the davfs2 package (this is the Ubuntu/Debian package name, though it should be similar for other distros). Once you have installed it, add an entry to /etc/davfs2/secrets with your login credentials for the WebDAV account.
For box.net, the command would look like this:
Code:
sudo echo “https://www.box.net/dav username password” >> /etc/davfs2/secrets
You need to choose a mountpoint on your local filesystem for the WebDAV mount. In this example I am going to use /mnt/box.net, so go ahead and create the directory:
Code:
mkdir /media/box.net
Now add an entry to /etc/fstab for this filesystem, which will allow you to automatically mount it at boot time. If you want your normal user (instead of just root) to have write access, specify your uid (username) and gid (can be the same as your username) on the mount line along with your newly-created mountpoint:
Code:
https://www.box.net/dav /mnt/box.net    davfs   defaults,uid=username,gid=username  0       0
Save your changes to /etc/fstab and now try mounting your remote filesystem. It should mount successfully and now be accessible at your mountpoint. Note: if you have trouble writing files to the WebDAV filesystem, take a look at this article for a solution.

MAC & Window Users

To have box.net, Dropbox, Googl Docs, Sugar Sync, and others in one folder use otixo.com. Just sign up and add your accounts then click on the link at the bottom of the page that says 'otixo on your Desktop'. It will guide you on how to mount your cloud services as a network drive.

Visit otixo.com and sign up for free. I tried it and it works perfectly.

.................................................. .....................................

P.S
When I used root explorer it didn't work all the time, I used prop editor and I cleared the box.net app data before trying again and that seemed to do the trick
Last edited by paxChristos; 19th June 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Mod Edit
The Following 128 Users Say Thank You to K Dotty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2011, 02:51 PM   |  #2  
New York
Thanks Meter: 9

60 posts
More
As an aside, if you already have a 50gb box.net from either the HP Touchpad or Apple product special offers you can't get it. They don't stack on accounts, so you'll need to create multiple accounts to get all the free 50gb offers. They also do not work if you pay for a box.net account.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LlirasChosen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2011, 03:24 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

68 posts
worked a charm, thank'd!

wish I could get this on dropbox.
The Following User Says Thank You to orntar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2011, 08:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 9

78 posts
More
Worked perfectly! nice one man!
9th December 2011, 08:55 PM   |  #5  
Flag Venezia
Thanks Meter: 695

3,220 posts
More
Thanks so much buddy.

Inviato dal mio GT-S5570 usando Tapatalk
10th December 2011, 12:41 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 359

875 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orntar

worked a charm, thank'd!

wish I could get this on dropbox.

Me too, dropbox is generally better but you can't complain after getting a free 50GB

Sent by wiggling my big toe
10th December 2011, 01:12 AM   |  #7  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 12

27 posts
Excellent, worked a treat on SGS.

Thanks for sharing

ech0
10th December 2011, 03:41 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
When i edit my build.prop file and reboot, it just resets to the default HTC Desire settings. What am i doing wrong?
10th December 2011, 04:06 AM   |  #9  
Flag Illinois...but where?
Thanks Meter: 329

2,102 posts
More
Thanks a lot man worked great. So now I have 5gb on dropbox(free) and 50gb on box lol.

Sent From my Verizon powered Evo 4G!
10th December 2011, 05:12 AM   |  #10  
Flag Missouri City, TX
Thanks Meter: 10

503 posts
More
thx it worked perfectly!
work too bad no easy free way to sync files with my computer.
now if anyone can help me get larger space for my dropbox, it will be better!

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread