Wall charger

Search This thread

volumnus

Nov 27, 2008
The wall charger (micro usb cable and plug) is way too short to be useful to me. I bought a cheap one off ebay, and it barely fits. I'm afraid to use it because it's so hard to unplug once you get it in. Anybody have any good suggestions for a longer wall charger that actually fits.

volumnus

Nov 27, 2008
Yeah...I have one.

At least that way you aren't cramming something that doesn't fit into the phone and risking damaging the USB port.

Last edited:

binnym

Feb 8, 2011
i brought a couple of micro USB cables from meritline it took 2 weeks for them to come here. it cost me $4 including shipping for 2 cables. They ship then from HK. So far I am using this cable in my office and have not has any issue

boredbutter

Sep 17, 2010
Reading, PA
I currently use a 5' male to female USB "extension cord"... Been using it for years and highly recommend the setup.

On another note, if someone were to trip over the cord, it has an extra breakaway point now... I believe it cost me $5 for two of them... Gave the other as a gift...

Sent from my Inspire 4G running BinDroid v1.2
If I help you at all... Please click "Thank You"

I currently use a 5' male to female USB "extension cord"... Been using it for years and highly recommend the setup.

On another note, if someone were to trip over the cord, it has an extra breakaway point now... I believe it cost me $5 for two of them... Gave the other as a gift...

Sent from my Inspire 4G running BinDroid v1.2
If I help you at all... Please click "Thank You"

Could you post a link to the cord you got with the breakaway point? I would really like to get something like that, I have tripped over my cord wayy too many times, even ended up bending the micro-usb tips.

csoto7

Sep 13, 2011
The wall charger (micro usb cable and plug) is way too short to be useful to me. I bought a cheap one off ebay, and it barely fits. I'm afraid to use it because it's so hard to unplug once you get it in. Anybody have any good suggestions for a longer wall charger that actually fits.
In the past I have bought longer usb cables and just had them shipped from Hong Koing as well. However, recently I just ran out to Walmart and paid $10 for a 4 foot usb cable and charger. Though you can get it for cheaper, I needed it right away.

G

GuestK007

mines plugged into an ipad wall unit with a cheapy walmart whatever brand cable coming from that to the inspire.

sloanster

Jun 26, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
Straight Up Serious

The best place to buy cables, or get cables is a local hotel...
they may give to you if you are nice... but always offer half price...
they may take you in a lost and found room where you can pick what you like...:rolleyes:

th3lawmak3r76

Feb 22, 2012
Queensbury,NY
I use the usb from my car charger which is like 5 feet long just look for those they might be cheaper than the regular wall charger

Sent from my Inspire 4g using XDA