5,606,253 Members 31,778 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Way to prevent redirect to Amazon Appstore?

Tip us?

blauciel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default Way to prevent redirect to Amazon Appstore?

Every time somethink links to the market, something in the Fire redirects to the Amazon Appstore. Anyone know how to break this? I can't change appstore or market defaults in the Application manager.

//Tapatalk.KindleFire//

rprice07
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Not sure if this really helps but you can use Titanium backup to freeze AmazonAppstore, the links should open then.

I'm glad there's a workaround but I'd love a way to make APK's open in android market from browser, and keep amazon market available.

Schubatis1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice07 View Post
Not sure if this really helps but you can use Titanium backup to freeze AmazonAppstore, the links should open then.

I'm glad there's a workaround but I'd love a way to make APK's open in android market from browser, and keep amazon market available.
That sounds like it should work. If OP tries this, he should have to option to not set the Market as the default app. If he doesn't, he should be able to select which app he wants to use each time.

foxdog66
Old
(Last edited by foxdog66; 16th December 2011 at 08:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 43
Just rename "MarketIntenProxy.apk" to "MarketIntentProxy.apk.bak" that is located in system/app and reboot. Then market links will open the market and not Amazon's app store
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxdog66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]