Hard Bricked Skyrocket!!!!

Search This thread

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
This is the reason why some phone manufacture are against custom rom, cough HTC, Motorola locking the bootloader pretty soon Samsung. They loosing to much money accepting mess up return phones by the user. Nothing Personal but you deserve for at&t not to exchange your skyrocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Your funny if you think that Samsung loses money.

They have a secondary bootloader for a reason, and that is to save the phone when people think they "bricked" it.

Samsung makes more money selling phones then HTC, Motorola, and LG combined, I really doubt they lose money.

appdroid

Oct 25, 2011
Chicago
This is the reason why some phone manufacture are against custom rom, cough HTC, Motorola locking the bootloader pretty soon Samsung. They loosing to much money accepting mess up return phones by the user. Nothing Personal but you deserve for at&t not to exchange your skyrocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Your funny if you think that Samsung loses money.

They have a secondary bootloader for a reason, and that is to save the phone when people think they "bricked" it.

Samsung makes more money selling phones then HTC, Motorola, and LG combined, I really doubt they lose money.

Have to agree with Logcat14. Dxtra do you even know how much it cost companies to make a smart phone? it only cost them about $30 per cell phone. Plus as Logcat14 said it helps companies.:D

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
Have to agree with Logcat14. Dxtra do you even know how much it cost companies to make a smart phone? it only cost them about $30 per cell phone. Plus as Logcat14 said it helps companies.:D

Actually, it costs Samsung (because of the amazing internals) about $300-350 to make the phone, and they jack the price up twice.

But when you buy it on contract, your not paying Samsung $2000 for your phone (data plan), your paying your carrier.

Essentially, your being bent over either way, just less with buying off contract.

CyberGhos

Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
Honestly, in the end, no one is getting cheated. The bricked devices will end up being sent back to samsung where they will be fixed, and resold as a referb.

No one really loses any money (other then maybe shipping costs)

How did you figure that? I am not against people trying to exchange their bricked device even it is their own fault, but everything costs and will be passed to consumers one way or another.

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
How did you figure that? I am not against people trying to exchange their bricked device even it is their own fault, but everything costs and will be passed to consumers one way or another.

Yes but most people end up paying deductables if you got your insurance through the carrier anyway. which is what 120-150 for a new phone. which they would never get if you never damaged your phone. the money there making is already there. they get the money if you never Damage your phone, BECAUSE you pay them monthly. AND they get the money IF YOU DO damage your phone because your getting a refurbished phone anyway that you are once again paying almost 200 dallars for. the money NEVER stops on there end.

sounds like a WIN to me.

mimart7

Nov 30, 2011
NYC
Just make sure the battery is charged. I just got a jig the other day, and it works fine. Get a jig, it's worth the few dollars it costs, for a piece of mind.

Barsky

Aug 23, 2010
MintMobile
Thought I hard bricked mine. Would get no reaction from the phone. Seemed I couldn't get into download mode, as the screen stayed black. But, turns out I was getting to download mode and when I let odin start it fixed me up.

The way I get to download mode is I pull the battery. Holding vol-up/down and power, plug in usb cable. then quickly, put in battery and let go on power. iirc, on the Skyrocket I would feel a slight vibration when the usb cable got plugged in. I get the battery in right after that vibration.

In this case the screen didn't indicate download mode, but it was and them got fixed. Good luck

Reactions: Eyedoctor2

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
Ah, yes. The old "I'm a class warrior" excuse. That big company is making tons of money so it's ok to cheat them. It's convoluted logic, but whatever.

This is why some people should just stick to playing Angry Birds.

chiensibut

Jan 18, 2010
Houston, TX
Thought I hard bricked mine. Would get no reaction from the phone. Seemed I couldn't get into download mode, as the screen stayed black. But, turns out I was getting to download mode and when I let odin start it fixed me up.

The way I get to download mode is I pull the battery. Holding vol-up/down and power, plug in usb cable. then quickly, put in battery and let go on power. iirc, on the Skyrocket I would feel a slight vibration when the usb cable got plugged in. I get the battery in right after that vibration.

In this case the screen didn't indicate download mode, but it was and them got fixed. Good luck

is your computer ask for install the QHSUSB_DLOAD driver?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bump, but I now support this model EVEN if hard bricked... :)

Bump this should be getting more attention.

Possibly a fix for hard bricks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read what the man said a few posts up
    Not "possibly" but CERTAINLY...