Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,397 Members 46,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Recovery]CWM Recovery For HTC Design 4G & HeroS (aka Kingdom)

Tip us?

2fast4u88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Default [Recovery]CWM Recovery For HTC Design 4G & HeroS (aka Kingdom)

Unofficial ClockworkMod 5.0.2.7

This will work on the Htc Hero S and Should on the Design 4g. I have tested it on the Hero S and can confirm basic functions work, adb and along with backups. Otherwise I haven't tested anything more than that. Also to note while building this the Hero S is identical to the Design 4g. So kernels and recovery should interchange. Beyond that I am not sure as I haven't got that far.

Also please note I am aware of the so called other cwm build and the teamwin recovery. I can confirm as grad said teamwin also works on the hero s. How ever since you can't download the cwm build, I took it upon myself to build one. In which means this shares nothing in common and was built from my own source. Which you can tell by the 2FS in the tittle.

Sorry for the crappy pic but due to frame buffer issues getting it to display right. Screenshots are blurred in recovery.

What is added/done:
Up to date source of 5.0.2.7
Default clockworkmod 5 colors.
Built on the evo design 4g stock kernel.
Ext4 support for sdcard.

Other features I have not tested fully but welcome to feedback.

How to install:
Download one of the following files:
http://2fastroms.com/dm_eds/download.php?id=72
Md5sum: c9e731f8228524d29a3acbd7811ba81c

Once downloaded place the PH44IMG.zip on the root of your sd-card. Power down the phone, Hold volume down, pressing power. You should got to the h-boot screen where it will scan for the img file. It will prompt to update by pressing volume up. It will take a few secs to do it's thing prompting to hit power to reboot.

Once rebooted remove the PH44IMG.zip from your sd-card.

Credits:
Koush for his great recovery with out him it wouldn't have been possible.
Then the cm team just for putting some great stuff out
Official Cdma Desire_MiuiAndroid dev, among dev for several other devices. Need cwm for the Cdma Desire? Click Here Need cwm for the Htc Merge? Click Here S-off, supercid & sim unlock for the merge? Click Here Froyo Click Here Gingerbead Return merge to s-on? Click Here How about a teaser of cm7 on the merge? Click Here Need roms for any of the above or device on uscc? Or need help with one? Come ask away!! Click Here
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 2fast4u88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LouZiffer
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Confirmed working on the Evo Design. Many thanks to 2fast for porting this over!

2fast4u88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
No problem, I see you got the link to work. How ever I had to port it so I could have it

As unlike any other cdma phone between you guys and uscc. The hero s is identical down to the kernel and partitions. So worked out for the better
Official Cdma Desire_MiuiAndroid dev, among dev for several other devices. Need cwm for the Cdma Desire? Click Here Need cwm for the Htc Merge? Click Here S-off, supercid & sim unlock for the merge? Click Here Froyo Click Here Gingerbead Return merge to s-on? Click Here How about a teaser of cm7 on the merge? Click Here Need roms for any of the above or device on uscc? Or need help with one? Come ask away!! Click Here
The Following User Says Thank You to 2fast4u88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HampTheToker
Old
Thanks Meter 202

DONATE TO ME
I'm having problems getting into hboot for some odd reason. I hold volume down and press power and the phone just boots up normally. What the heck am I doing wrong? This is such a noob problem to have. I'm embarrassed to ask, but I can't get it right to save my life.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HampTheToker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2fast4u88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
lol Welcome to gingerbread sense. When you power down it doesn't truely power down. Pop the bottom off and flip the lever up to pop the battery out a bit. Then try it. If you still don't get to h-boot let me know.

HampTheToker
Old
(Last edited by HampTheToker; 19th December 2011 at 07:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 202

DONATE TO ME
Actually, I turned fastboot off in Settings > Power and it worked just fine after that.

I did get an error while trying to flash recovery. I believe it said CID incorrent. Updated Failed. Press power to reboot. I'm going to redownload recovery and try again.

Sent from my *rooted* EVO Design using xda premium app

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Keep getting the same error: CID incorrent. Update Fail. Press power to reboot.

LouZiffer
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I've had better luck booting into hboot by restarting the phone and holding only the vol down button as soon as the screen shuts off.

2fast4u88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by HampTheToker View Post
Actually, I turned fastboot off in Settings > Power and it worked just fine after that.

I did get an error while trying to flash recovery. I believe it said CID incorrent. Updated Failed. Press power to reboot. I'm going to redownload recovery and try again.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Keep getting the same error: CID incorrent. Update Fail. Press power to reboot.
Are you unlocked? Also I wasn't aware of the fastboot setting it to off. How ever it is quicker to do a battery yank for myself or use adb. It is just a new feature of gingerbread.

HampTheToker
Old
Thanks Meter 202

DONATE TO ME
Yea, I'm unlocked. Even says so at the top of the hboot screen. I had to do a battery pull like you suggested previous to get the token to work.

chugger93
Old
Thanks Meter 99
So this is a workable recovery for the design 4g? If so, what's really the point without any roms anyways?
Jon
- Google Nexus 5 | Stock/Rooted/Unlocked
- Google Nexus 10 | Sentinel Rom w/Franco