[ROM][MIUI][21 Jan 12] Mini Mi 2.01.20

Search This thread

Bigt2003

First off, I'm not a dev. I'm just a guy with 5 kids who plays with his phone to help keep his sanity. But with CarpeNoctem getting a new phone and Tun4f1sh only making an add-on, I needed my own rom.

Secondly, I'm making this for myself and just sharing. I'm open to fixing bugs, but not adding features. Sorry.

Finally, THANKS to:
  • g4rb4ge, for porting MIUI to the G2.
  • MIUIAndroid.com, for the base rom and translations.
  • CarpeNoctem, for getting me hooked on this rom.
  • Tun4f1sh, For Bulletproof and making me want to learn more.
  • Andy Thompson, for the Extended Settings mod and controls.
  • Tsubus, rmk40, and Juwe11, for optimization scripts.
  • Dsixda, for his awesome Android kitchen.

What is Mini Mi?
Nothing, or as close to nothing as I can make it.
I wanted to make the smallest rom possible, while still being able to use all of the MIUI features.
Changes:
  • Removed apk's, themes, media, and fonts I didn't use
  • Zipaligned
  • Added Extended Settings mod and MIUI settings app
  • Added Genie Widget (for lockscreen weather)
  • Added memory management, sdcard, zipalign, and ILWT fixes scripts

I left the stock CM kernel, if you don't like it flash one of your choice.

Suggested Add-ons:

Download Link:

Last edited:

Herrera91

Dec 11, 2010
Houston, TX
With pretty much all my apps. It's already enabled, but for some reason, I still can't get root access...I'll try to reflash and see from there.

Herrera91

Dec 11, 2010
Houston, TX
Seeing as I already had MIUI installed, just cleared cache. I'll try doing a full wipe, seeing as how reflashing still didn't fix the issue.

EDIT: Negative. Even a full wipe didn't fix it for me :[

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigt2003

erichung_13

Jan 13, 2011
Melbourne
Hey BigT, congratulations on the new rom, hopefully my new DD for the MIUI range :p just a query though,

you said that genie widget is added for lockscreen weather? how can I get lockscreen weather? :S

Bigt2003

mindstormmaster1

Mar 25, 2010
Fredricksburg/Stafford, Va
I did a full wipe and I can confirm root does NOT work. I dont really need it so Im going to stick with it till you find a patch. Also I backed up with MIUI Backup and restored from 12.02 rom and everything it working like I never left other then root so thanks for the great rom!

magus57

Oct 2, 2010
Chicago
Sorry if this is answered somewhere (couldn't find much when I asked/searched relatively recently), but does this MIUI version (or any for that matter) fully support the G2 keyboard - as in, the ".com/www." button works instead of displaying the square?

Bigt2003

Sorry if this is answered somewhere (couldn't find much when I asked/searched relatively recently), but does this MIUI version (or any for that matter) fully support the G2 keyboard - as in, the ".com/www." button works instead of displaying the square?

Nope, no MIUI version does because very few phones have physical keyboards. All attention goes to soft IME's. But you can look here. You'll have to use a hex editor to make your own keymap, but everything you need is on his github.

Last edited:

astriaos

Feb 24, 2011
Hey man I have a few questions.

Removed apk's, themes, media, and fonts I didn't use

Can you be more specific about what apks you pulled, what themes you pulled (since there is only one theme that comes with MIUI I don't see what could be slimmed down), and the fonts you got rid of? MIUI is already pretty barebones in terms of system overhead and package size so I'm curious as to how your design philosophy works.

Added memory management, sdcard, zipalign, and ILWT fixes scripts

Could you also go into some more detail as to what this means and how each script works? I'm not really much of a dev, I just benefit from the effort of others but I do love my documentation, especially before I flash a new rom.

Thanks for the reply.

Edit: Hey as a bit of an aside, for permission controls I always suggest LBE Security Control. It's very effective at not breaking roms yet helping your sense of security. It's free on the market so you could theoretically pre package it in your rom. I usually suggest it since most baked in permission control is often fundamentally broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: ltlgod

Bigt2003

Sure. MiTalk, MiuiStats, and a couple others I can't remember off hand. I removed the Arabic, Thai, and Hebrew fonts, the some of the ringtones and pictures I hated, TTS info for Italian, French, and German, the extra lockscreens in the media folder, and added a smaller bootanimation. I'm going to try to slim it down a little more next week too. I'll make a list.

As for the scripts, in the system/etc/init.d folder there's the SDcard fix which changes the read ahead cache, zipalign which verifies all apks are zipaligned at boot, ramscript which tunes the memory manager, and ilwt-fixes that fixes Flash in the browser.

Sent from my VAX running UNIX.

D

Deleted member 4285974

Great that you got your project going on, kinda similar what I was about to do to learn how to make my 'own' ROM. I guess you don't mind if I snoop around a bit and see what you did? :) Anyway this is going to my new daily driver. Thanks Bigt!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, I'm not a dev. I'm just a guy with 5 kids who plays with his phone to help keep his sanity. But with CarpeNoctem getting a new phone and Tun4f1sh only making an add-on, I needed my own rom.

Secondly, I'm making this for myself and just sharing. I'm open to fixing bugs, but not adding features. Sorry.

Finally, THANKS to:
    • g4rb4ge, for porting MIUI to the G2.
    • MIUIAndroid.com, for the base rom and translations.
    • CarpeNoctem, for getting me hooked on this rom.
    • Tun4f1sh, For Bulletproof and making me want to learn more.
    • Andy Thompson, for the Extended Settings mod and controls.
    • Tsubus, rmk40, and Juwe11, for optimization scripts.
    • Dsixda, for his awesome Android kitchen.

What is Mini Mi?
    Nothing, or as close to nothing as I can make it.
    I wanted to make the smallest rom possible, while still being able to use all of the MIUI features.
    Changes:
    • Removed apk's, themes, media, and fonts I didn't use
    • Zipaligned
    • Added Extended Settings mod and MIUI settings app
    • Added Genie Widget (for lockscreen weather)
    • Added memory management, sdcard, zipalign, and ILWT fixes scripts

I left the stock CM kernel, if you don't like it flash one of your choice.

Suggested Add-ons:

Download Link:
    New version up between kids, toys, and dinner. Let me know if I missed anything. My concentration was ruined... Merry Christmas!

I might start sharing my rom. It's pretty similar to this one.

Right now I'm trying to work out how I can integrate bulletproof patch correctly. So far all of my attempts have lead to something breaking. Might need to talk to tun4 about it.

I'm also looking to integrate V6 SuperCharger as well.

If I deem it worthy for distribution, then I will throw it out here.

Regardless, thanks for the work you have done here Bigt!

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA App
    New version up.

New version is ready and I will post as soon as I get home.