[APP][THEMED] Gmail 2.3.5.. Blacked Out!!

Search This thread

jhooks420@gmail.com

May 5, 2011
I have an Inspire 4g running virtuous unity 2.37.0 and all i had to do was uninstall the original gmail and install the black apk normally. It appeared and synced instantly. Thanks alot guys. Keep on coming up with these awesome inverted apps. We love them!!

willian7

Feb 25, 2011
Hi !

I'm on rooted Galaxy S with Darky 10.2RE, Gmail Blacked Out install successful using following steps:
* with Titanium backup - stock Gmail -> 1. backup, 2. wipe data, 3. uninstall
* Reboot
* Regular install Gmail Blacked Out.apk
* Launch Gmail Blacked Out, resync and enjoy !

Thanks !

Cheers,
AndresVR2

Thanks, finally got this working on my Galaxy S as well.

Last edited:

willian7

Feb 25, 2011
Just a question, when checking some screenshots in this thread I noticed that top menu bar where states the current folder and email address has what appears to be a steel theme on it while mine is still the default blue bar... Is that a Blacked Out modified version or it's just something related to the current ROM in use?

Thank you!

kap.vis

Oct 1, 2007
link not working :(

i needed this since a long time. but the download link to dropbox doesn't seems to be working

RaptorFB

Aug 14, 2010
Austin, TX
How do I update to the latest gmail version? I am getting an error message when updating through market about signing.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

RaptorFB

Aug 14, 2010
Austin, TX
I tried that, but gmail does not appear in market, even when viewing application by Google inc.

Edit: Nevermind, I got there directly.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Last edited:

crz6662

Jan 30, 2009
pgh, pa
Link seems to be down. Can you re-post?
Using bGoog.com (blacked out) for browser and loving it. Would be nice to have the same on my email. Rooted and flashed T-MO SGS2.

Thx

MAD450r

Apr 25, 2010
Southington
first gen Incredible

For those with this you need to install this from an update zip. When phone boots we dont have write access to incredibles system/app folder.
but we do have access to it from update zips or if you know how you can push from adb as well. Hope this helps you out.

I hate that its not writable myself I dont use mine anymore but when I did I had an empty update.zip folder I would just drop the one apk I wanted to install into the folder and install from recovery If noone else can help I'll dig around on my pc to find mine and I'll charge up my incredible to make sure all is good for you.
hmm seems the d/l is no longer working :(

Just tried to d/l it for the new Droid 3 I recieved from verizon after my 3rd DroidX2 screen died again :(

crash_194

Mar 27, 2008
Would somebody be so kind as to post an active link or upload it somewhere please?

Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, here is it.. just pushed last night and already inverted! The major part of this was done by B-boy, I just added the finishing touches and did a few smali edits..

Instructions for ROOTED users.....

uninstall updates for gmail
    download the app
    navigate to app
    select and install.....enjoy

if this doesn't work, then you will need to use RE, rename gmail.apk in /system/app to gmail.apk.old and then REBOOT, if you do not reboot it won't work!!

Now return to the app, select it, and install... enjoy

Non-Rooted users, you can give this a try and see if it will work...

uninstall updates for gmail
    download app
    navigate to app
    select and install
    You will know right away if it works.....

Always make a backup and enjoy Gmail 2.3.5.... Blacked Out

http://bit.ly/Gmail235BlackedOut

Rooted users... if you have issues installing, let me know and I will post some update.zips... but this should work for ALL devices...
    Great, do this.... delete ALL gmail apps, system and/or data.. once they are gone.. install mine... it will install to data, if it still fcs, use RE to move it to /system/app and set permissions... then reboot, you must reboot... it should work fine then..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App
    great job m8 ;) working fine for me.I'm on rooted NS 9020 with MIUI RoM.I prefer black apps to save batt ;)
    The installation didn't work for me.I had to remove original Gmail.apk from /system/app and rename yours to Gmail.apk and push into /system/app with permissions ;) after restart,tadaa black Gmail ;)
    so maybe u can post this procedure in your #1 post for guys who having trouble to install.
    Great job m8,appreciate
    Thanks
    :cool:
    in RE at right top corner u can see a button Mount R/W or Mount R/O
    If u like to edit/copy/move or remove sys files u need to turn Mount R/O.
    same apply for changing permissions Mount R/O

Your permissions have to look like this -
    52848bbb-8a7c-a1aa.jpg

And when u do any changes include permissions u need to restart your phone to apply ;)
    :cool:

:confused: Hey guys, how exactly do you push using RE? Every time i try to move the file to system/app it says it cannot because it is a read only file? Everytime i mess with permissions, it goes back to default. Sorry for the lame question. Thanks guys
    i believe i have the answer:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f9wr0zjsfwrwmt8

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

shoulda checked, I got a could not install error. Let me know if anyone else has success