[Overclock]

Search This thread

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
I have been playing with this for a few days now. Couple hours on and a couple hours off not to mention some benchmarking and it seems to actually work! I take no credit for this all I did was test it on an "unsupported" phone. I would like to make an auto boot script just not with market apps.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1341514

To make this work at boot, you will have to put the script in /system/bin and edit the /system/etc/init.goldfish.sh file, and add the name of your script to the very bottom of the file.

moofree

Oct 28, 2011
Texas
This is working pretty well! I just ran browsermark while at 1.2ghz with the newer stock browser, and got 100652, almost 3,000 above the galaxy nexus. :rolleyes:

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
Just wait till we get our hands on a Rom and kernal that is optimized for all of this :cool:

malickie

Oct 14, 2009
Austin, TX
Starting to sound like this phone is going to kick some serious @#$ here soon. Either way though would love to get my hands on the apk for the new stock browser so if anyone has that apk please send a link or post one, Thanks.

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
If someone will post the updated browser.apk, I will put it into the ROM I am working on... I have had some great success today, on that front.

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
Just push both the files to the /system/app folder then reboot.

I tried using better emulator but it doesn't let me. How can I push to /system/app/?

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

just found a tutorial on adb. :) rebooting phone now. :)

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

To make this work at boot, you will have to put the script in /system/bin and edit the /system/etc/init.goldfish.sh file, and add the name of your script to the very bottom of the file.

So the file name is 1200. So we would just add 1200 down to the bottom of the file? or does it have to be called?

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I pushed the files with adb and rebooted. No browser. :(

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

well.. i chmod 644 to browser.apk and rebooted.. no luck... so i deleted them.. good thing i left my originals as backups. so i just renamed them and rebooted. if it doesn't work, then it gives me a good reason to go to Opera or Dolphin. Bah!

Update.. got my browser back. whew. :)

Reactions: Chichoman

moofree

Oct 28, 2011
Texas
Deodex'd the 55.13.16 browser.apk and it's working in 55.11.16 now!
But benchmarks are the same as before. I think the browser scripting enhancements are elsewhere...
<shrug>

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Deodex'd the 55.13.16 browser.apk and it's working in 55.11.16 now!
But benchmarks are the same as before. I think the browser scripting enhancements are elsewhere...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14536681/Browser.apk

Was there a manifest with 55.13.16 update? Or the 55.13.25 update? You might find what was updated by checking there. Maybe somone will post a link to the update in the bootloader unlock thread.

I have deodexed the browser posted here for the 55*.32 update and included it in the rom I working on, which is deodexed by the way.

Jim

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Last edited:

moofree

Oct 28, 2011
Texas
Opptimizer for the bionic seems to work on the atrix 2 as well. CPU scaling works this way :)

Using this, my phone is able to do ~1210mhz. It freezes if I go much higher than that.

Last edited:

moofree

Oct 28, 2011
Texas
Opptimizer 0.2 was just released. This new version supports changing the voltage.
edit: Doesn't appear to work at all on the atrix 2. :(

Last edited:

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
Finally took some time to play around with the one-click and running OC to 1.2, here were the results running Antutu and Super-charged Atrix ROM.
stock = 5155-5209
OC 1.2 = 5977-6043... nice!
And one certain Razr ROM posted scores of 6099 so not too shabby for a $50 phone :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been playing with this for a few days now. Couple hours on and a couple hours off not to mention some benchmarking and it seems to actually work! I take no credit for this all I did was test it on an "unsupported" phone. I would like to make an auto boot script just not with market apps.

If someone will post the updated browser.apk, I will put it into the ROM I am working on... I have had some great success today, on that front.

Great news!!! :cool:

This is the browser.apk and browser.odex from the newest leak
    http://db.tt/vvsSNVMG
    Found this while reading through the post
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10806-easy-overclocking-almost-oneclick/
    Seems to be an easier way. The only thing I can see about this is there is no sleep time with the phone since minimum is set 1000 also, so probably gonna suffer some on the battery side if I'm not mistaking.

But cool find.

I tried using better emulator but it doesn't let me. How can I push to /system/app/?

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

just found a tutorial on adb. :) rebooting phone now. :)

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

So the file name is 1200. So we would just add 1200 down to the bottom of the file? or does it have to be called?

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I pushed the files with adb and rebooted. No browser. :(

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

well.. i chmod 644 to browser.apk and rebooted.. no luck... so i deleted them.. good thing i left my originals as backups. so i just renamed them and rebooted. if it doesn't work, then it gives me a good reason to go to Opera or Dolphin. Bah!

Update.. got my browser back. whew. :)