Allow Android mount the SD card
I have successfully worked out a method for allowing Android mount the SD card.
1) The method will allow you to download files via your browsers
2) Install loads of apps and place gigabytes of maps on your SD card root
Please do not reply and say it does not work because I have it working, cheers.
I do NOT hold responsibly for your loss of data or anything else. It's your decision, not mine. Loss or damage is at your own risk!!
1) Using your PC and adapter for your SD, backup your SD card data on your hard disk.
2) Download and install Minitool partition wizard.
!!!! BE CAREFULL AT STEP 3 !!!
3) Resize the SD card partition leaving the smallest amount of unallocated space (approximately 7.34MB after the first partition. Then create a primary partition in the 7.34MB (approximately) and give it a name like ANDROID. Minitool will warn you about not being able to see more than one primary partition on a removable, this is true and you can ignore that. Apply the changes, then exit minitool.
NOTE: ANDROID only has to see a mountable partition (the 7.43MB) but does NOT actually need to use it
4) Now copy your previous data to your SD card.
5) Now you can insert the SD card in your phone and launch XAndroid
6) Enjoy! You will now find you will be able to download huge files from your browsers without the 'please insert SD / no SD card available' or something like that. You can save files on the anywhere on you SD card (first partition i.e. the partition that Android runs from). You can also install loads of apps.
If you want to install Copilot, you copy the 'copilot' folder to the root of your SD card. That is the copilot folder with all your maps inside. The copilot.apk goes in AndroidApps folder.