GTA 3 full effects enabler :)

Search This thread

shad0wboss

Oct 6, 2010
Genève
Ive got a problem. First time i pasted gta.set on the gta3 dir and it overwrited the orignal one but now i install gta 3 again and looked for gta3.set but couldn't find it.

My version was 1.0 before but now it's 1.2...

FredyG

Dec 24, 2011
Two little saves, without cheat.

- Second isle
3w dot multiupload.com/6L9KBIKY2B

- Third isle
3w dot multiupload.com/IEHCTVG3X2

Sorry i can't post the links because i'ma new noob lol :p

Reactions: kaamarko

EmAzY

Oct 14, 2010
Works great and no lag with arhd 3.6.9

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

kaamarko

Dec 25, 2011
Ive got a problem. First time i pasted gta.set on the gta3 dir and it overwrited the orignal one but now i install gta 3 again and looked for gta3.set but couldn't find it.

My version was 1.0 before but now it's 1.2...
Had the same...
/However I had no previous profile (initial game only on 1.2)./
That is normal if it is overwritten.
Moreover, after the graph. upgrade (when overwritten without starting the game... see below) the control buttons disappeared from sight on my device.

My solution was:
1. Del the overwritten .set.
2. Start the game from the very beginning (if you have saves..., they should stay there or try to make a backup) as "New Game". As told, I had no saves before.
3. Wait the movie, etc... until you can move as player.
4. Exit game
5. Overwrite the old set with the new one.
6. Get back to game.

Should work and the controls and "glitches" are in place now (for me at least...).

Have luck!

androidfeen809

Oct 12, 2010
New York
Wow nice! Thanks !

Definitly way better looking on my Sensation!

Just, I now need to set my CPU at 1.6ghz or even 1.78ghz to have the game as smooth as before, when 1.5ghz was more than enough before :D

I don't need Chainfire to run the game.

I'm gonna kill my battery each time I play and feel my device hot like hell, but nevermind, it is like coming from an SD version to an HD one

BTW, I think people using stock kernel at 1.2ghz on an HTC Sensation will find the game laggy using this full effects enabler.....and maybe laggy without full effects too lol
Also I guess it's usefull for this game to have a kernel that includes GPU overclocking (@320Mhz), and I also use FauxClock to set GPU governor to performance
So let's say I have to set all my settings to their max to have the game as smooth as without full effects

We got the same processor and in the slide the game isn't laggy so idk why would it be on the sensation?

But could be maybe because of the recent update which made the slide score 2800+ on quadrant and over 5200+ on antutu stock @ 1.2 ghz. I think you guys getting an update too so maybe that will make the sensation faster and you won't feel the game laggy anymore

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

KaoMinerva

Sep 8, 2011
Memphis, TN
I hope so man. Even a crappy Samsung prevail on boost mobile got the 2.3.5 update! It seems like evo family is always last in everything. The market won't even auto update like others smh

Sent from The Transcended M.U.G.E.N God!

vpamir

Apr 30, 2008
Bursa
www.facebook.com
thanks for the gta3.set trick, the game really looks beautiful now but it seems the in-game radio is broken after replacing the gta3.set file. now sliding over the channel name turns the radio off and then can't change stations by sliding anymore, it always stays off. putting back the original gta3.set didn't work either. any solutions? :confused:

My phone: LG Optimus 3D (LG-P920)
Android version: 2.3.5

Shadowdancer123

Mar 11, 2010
Bottnaryd
Wrong forum.. But this works great on my Razr, actually lags less, no lag when starting a level(?)

Is this game set to render at native resolution, or could it be pushed further for this phone?

The razr has a native resolution of 960x540 too, slightly more than the xperia play.

Any way to enable hardware button support, like that of the xperia?
I got sixaxis installed and it seems to work great, but the touch emulator adds lag. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will be very helpful for those, who succeed starting the game and playing, but don't like the graphics :)

just download attached rar file (gta3_full_effects.rar), and copy extracted file (gta.set) to: /sdcard/Android/data/com.rockstar.gta3/files/GTA3
    - backup existing one

Basically it is .set file from Xperia Play :)

and that's it, now all of the effects are enabled (such as car lights, traffic lights, raindrops and a lot more)

See some screens to see difference, normal on the left and with effects on the right.

Some users experience not smooth run or some bug's. I believe this happens if you use this with Chainfire3D, as comes some misconfiguration i think.

For me gta3 run's great and smooth. But mine gta3 works without chainfire3d or any other external app help.

Added original gta.set to attachment for those who want to rollback

Added .set file for Samsung Galaxy SII, if this your's phone, try this one first :)

Enjoy playing! :)
    For me it wasn't the gta.set file that was causing the choppiness as I experienced the same thing before extracting the set file. Hope this helps
    It works but the resolution is higher so the buttons and controls are almost in the middle instead of the right side of the screen..

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA App

Controls are fully adjustable in options, so all ok here, just adjust them as you need, or reset to defaults, this must align them too :)
    Anyone feels that gameplay isn't smooth?
    Changed roms. smooth gameplay now!