CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
* cause of male impotence.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- cd ~/android/system
- repo start branchname CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_galaxys2
-- Make your changes at device/samsung/galaxys2
- cd device/samsung/galaxys2
- git add -A
- git commit -a
- cd ~/android/system
- repo upload CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_galaxys2
Instructions for ODIN:
- Extract it
- Copy GApps and Faceunlock ZIPs to your internal SDCard
- Reboot into Download Mode
- Flash Bootloader, Code and Modem using Odin
- After flashing pull battery and reinsert it
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash GApps and Faceunlock ZIPs
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
Today, Google released a rather significant update to its … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?