TUTORIAL COMPILED BY crmcsh01
Evo View Tutorial
Hey I'm having a blast with my new toy, tried all 3 roms and clevername seems to be the one I like the most. Anyways if you want to copy and paste this tutorial go ahead, I made a few tweeks to it but for the most part it is complete, I did say it's not 100% and would appreciate input from the community.
HTC EVO View 4g on Cricket:
CREDIT FOR THIS TUTORIAL IS AS FOLLOWS:
Google and the Open Handset Alliance (Android OS), MyCricket Forum, XDA-Developers, contradude (ROM), AlphaRev and unrevoked (Revolutionary: S-off & Recovery Tool)
If I missed anyone, let me know. If you want me to link to any website I will.
I take no credit for the information provided; I simply compiled a set of instructions that worked for me.
This tablet was surprisingly easy to get onto Cricket’s network and I am able to use almost every feature, the only part not working is incoming calls. Google Voice works for incoming and outgoing calls though, so I thought I would give a walkthrough of what I did to get this tablet working on Cricket’s network. Keep in mind that this is not 100% complete yet, I would really appreciate input from the community to better this tutorial.
- CDMA Workshop paid version and QPST. You can probably get this done without Workshop but Workshop makes it MUCH easier.
- A rooted HTC Evo View, (I used CleverNameHere Rom RLS1) by contradude, I have not had time to play with honeycomb yet.
- Put your Evo View’s MEID on Cricket’s network on the $55 android plan, make sure it is NOT on your account as a (CPE) or your data will not work.
1. Open up your calculator app and put the tablet into landscape mode type !!3424! =, this will put your tablet into debug mode.
2. Open up CDMA workshop and connect to the proper com port.
3. Under the security tab, read the spc using “HTC Method” and write it to 0’s.
4. Under NAM tab, put your “MIN” “MDN” and “HomeSID” in the appropriate columns.
5. Under the EVDO tab put YOURNUMBER@mycricket.com
in all 4 columns and “cricket” (NO quotes) for your passwords. Change Mobile IP Behavior to MobIPandSimple.
6. Under the PRL Tab, write Cricket’s android prl to the tablet. I use 42700
7. Do a mode reset and when it boots up you should get a “3g” icon and data should work.
8. If you keep getting a handsfree activation prompt:
a. Connect phone to QPST v2.7 build 323
UNDER M.IP TAB, delete all user profiles except 0 and 1, you should be able to double click users 0 and 1 and edit the profile
HA and AAA shared secret > Text String > cricket
Do the same for both profiles
Change Active User - 1
UNDER PPP CONFIG TAB
in Tethered NAI and User ID
Password > cricket
in User ID
Password > cricket
9. Using root explorer or root browser, edit the build.prop file under /system/build.prop and edit the following line:
ro.phone.function=0 change the 0 to a 1 and you should have your phone enabled.
10. There are a couple ways to setup mms messaging. The way I used was to install APNbackup and Restore
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<apn name="Production" numeric="310012" mcc="310" mnc="012" apn="1" user="email@example.com" server="wap.mycricket.com" password="cricket" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="2.0" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms" type="mms" />
Just edit the "your10digit#here" part with your phone number and save this.
Place it on your phone's SDCard under a folder called "apnbackuprestore". Then open the Android App APN Backup and Restore (on the Market). Backup the stock settings. Then delete APNs and restore the new APNs you just created.
11. To get youtube to work, dial !!3282!= from the calculator. Click edit and then enter the MSL. It will prompt you for a password which is the MSL or SPC.
Choose Advanced and at the bottom pick RTSP\HTTP Setting:
Change RTSP Proxy Address to: 0.0.0.0
Change RTSP Proxy Port to: 0
Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to: 0.0.0.0
Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to: 0
12. For a dialer there are a couple options I have found, If using HTC Sense, I had to install a dialer app from the market, dialerone worked for me, you might need to run the apk from a fileexplorer as I am not sure if the market will give you a result since you are using a tablet. If I put launcherpro on this tablet and use launcher pro, I have the actual HTC Dialer on my home screen no problem. If you make a test call with it, you can dial *228 send and your tablet will program over the air. If you call out using cricket service, you will need to use Bluetooth in order to hear anything, but if you use groveip and google voice, it will automatically go to a fully functioning speaker phone when you place a call.