5,600,919 Members 42,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][IML74K] teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA for Galaxy S (BUILD 17) BUG REPORTS ONLY

Tip us?

guijarrelson
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablosv36 View Post
I have tried networklocation.apk from the latest nexus s cm9 Gapps(search for it), and it now works
On closer examination the gapps7's networklocation.apk is about half the size of the other ones... i think its corrupt file!
+1

I think this too. The problem could not be in the kernel, could be in the latrest Gapps. And is so strange that in the latests build of Gapps, we need a fix to add a Google Account, you don't think so?
guijarrelson

Samsung Galaxy S
Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat
Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly and Gapps

-> CyanogenMod Donator <-

If I helped you, please click in "Thanks" button

Check my invitation to Dropbox, to get 2 GB + 500 MB extra free

Upload photos, videos, backups and all what you want between your PC and your Android device

diablosv36
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by guijarrelson View Post
+1

I think this too. The problem could not be in the kernel, could be in the latrest Gapps. And is so strange that in the latests build of Gapps, we need a fix to add a Google Account, you don't think so?
I think the fixer is for who was using gapps 5.3 and have updated to v6-7. Coming from a fresh flash of the latest build and gapps7 doesn't require the fixer from my personal experience.
As regards to networklocation.apk it is no doubt in my mind broken in gapps7.

msri3here
Old
(Last edited by msri3here; 27th December 2011 at 05:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGOT View Post
Ok. And is your phone recognized in android market? Using the browser an market settings.

Also do you have with v7 google maps in android market ?

Does the calendar work for you?

If all yes then it's cool will test later

My phone is recognised in market..
I see google maps v6.0.3 in my market..not v7..
If by Calender, you mean calender sync, I dd not try it because I dont use it much...

xchasa
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Browser location still unavailable with network location apk from gapps 5.3 or 8 added. However if I flash gapps 5.3 it works. Strange.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

jiujitiancai
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default does build 11 support sub keyboard?

http://support.google.com/ics/nexus/...answer=1650160
It's a feature in ics,will it work in cm9?

marcedli
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsufgi View Post
ahh comment moves so fast! what about WAZE FC's?
no problem with waze here

diablosv36
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchasa View Post
Browser location still unavailable with network location apk from gapps 5.3 or 8 added. However if I flash gapps 5.3 it works. Strange.

once you copy over the apk, make sure you change the permissions to match everything else in system/apps and also reboot phone, you will get the optimising android apps on boot.

xmen25
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yeah. Tried go launcher, adw , launcher pro. All feel laggy.

In trebuchet disabled 'join with apps'. Haven't got fc since then.

senotrius
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschenck View Post
My god...wrsg and I agree about something. Watch out for low flying pigs, everybody!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
build 11has the following issues(for newbies)
1.GPS and compass doesn't work(GPS fixes are available nothing for compass)
2.poor memory management(apps as such do not lag,they appear to only cause of low memory.clear that and they're snappy again)
3.system.UI crash,phone.android crash(system UI crashes every once on a while thou not annoying)
4.poor memory management.really this is the ONLY concern here as the rom is otherwise quite useable.every now and then use any task killer and the rom is fast enough.

rschenck
Old
(Last edited by rschenck; 27th December 2011 at 07:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2006
Since many of you are not veterans of CM7, let me be the old man in the rocking chair again and remind you how custom kernels are supposed to work.

In CM7, before you whipersnappers came along with your boom boom music and your ice cream sundaes, the TeamHacksung devs and the kernel makers, who we called Kernulmachers in the old country, worked in harmony.

All TH would ask is that the users use new stock kernels right when they came out to test them and also because Nightly changes were often kernel based. After a day or two, their changes went upstream and Zach or Tk or Nik would add them to the custom kernels with TH's blessing and support. We all assumed they would get hitched one day, but then the war came up and Uncle Viktor turned into an otter...but that is another story.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah...the custom kernels provided features that TeamHacksung opted not to, like BNL or Voodoo color, and often had innovative, experimental ways to deal with wifi or overclocking. If those experiments went well, they often found their way into stock.

However, it was important that bugs involving those kernels be kept in their own threads and "adverts" for them in the stock thread be kept very specific and to a minimum to preserve order and harmony.

Currently, because the stock kernel is still in heavy development it is even more important to the devs that it be used, but the constant drum beating about this kernel or that kernel (against the will and requests of Tk and Nik, btw) is making it not into a cooperation but a COMPETITION...and that is an ugly thought.

Do you really want TeamHacksung and the kernel makers flaming and dissing each other like two bit Samsung cooks? Do you want TeamHacksung to close the alpha stream because no one is testing the software properly anyway?

If not, then shut up about custom kernels here for the time being until a new balance is created. For now, think of custom kernels like adult diapers...if you use one, that is fine, but I don't want to know about it or for you to tell me how absorbent it is.

OK. Carry on and get the hell off my lawn, you commies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
On a Mission from Gawd

He who dies with the highest Thanks Meter gets to take their toys with them.

**SGS i9000T**

Rom - CM10, Latest Alpha, KG3 Modem
**Motorola Xoom WiFi**
Rom - Team Eos (Tiamat) ICS, Latest Nightly
**Samsung P1000T**
Rom - AOSP

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to rschenck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
awsome, banana, cm9, galaxy s, ics, mmmmmmmm icecream, no eta, noobfriendly, still no pony, teamhacksung
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe