Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 45,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best kernel and rom for performance for lg p500 2.3.3

Tip us?

debug7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks negi one more doubt
as i told you i am running 2.3.3 android version which is new baseband,
am i able to flash andy's phoenix rom which is listed under 2.3.4 not under 2.3.3?? without any further modification on current status of my phone i mean changing to old baseband..etc

Negi9
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by debug7 View Post
Thanks negi one more doubt
as i told you i am running 2.3.3 android version which is new baseband,
am i able to flash andy's phoenix rom which is listed under 2.3.4 not under 2.3.3?? without any further modification on current status of my phone i mean changing to old baseband..etc
You will need to change baseband to the old one as Phoenix is not based on LG's official gingerbread.

debug7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
so the phoenix 2.3.4 is not based on lg's v20 baseband (i mean the new baseband)? i saw openOptimus under 2.3.3 ROMs. can i install this ROM without changing the current new baseband?

Negi9
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
so the phoenix 2.3.4 is not based on lg's v20 baseband (i mean the new baseband)? i saw openOptimus under 2.3.3 ROMs. can i install this ROM without changing the current new baseband?
Yup. It will work without changing to the old baseband.
The Following User Says Thank You to Negi9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

debug7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks a lot. finally i decided to go with openoptimus ROM and franco.Kernel .35
i have heard lg optimus one has touch screen bug problem. will it fix with this upgrade?
also i want to play HD games without much lags. is it possible by using this combination of ROM and Kernel and overclocking the cpu?

Negi9
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
thanks a lot. finally i decided to go with openoptimus ROM and franco.Kernel .35
i have heard lg optimus one has touch screen bug problem. will it fix with this upgrade?
also i want to play HD games without much lags. is it possible by using this combination of ROM and Kernel and overclocking the cpu?
Well, there are workarounds. First of all it's impossible to completely fix the touchscreen bug. Franco is trying to reduce it to some extend. Yes, you can play HD games without lags with the latest kernel from Franco but it gives choppy UI.
So I suggest to use the older Franco kernel for now which gives smooth UI, but HD games will lag a little.
Overall, your phone will be much smoother and have much better performance than stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to Negi9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

debug7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very much negi for your help.

Negi9
Old
(Last edited by Negi9; 30th December 2011 at 05:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Thank you very much negi for your help.
Always welcomed
Hey, as I recommended, as of now use the old Franco kernel.
Here: http://www.multiupload.com/2HD02KTOSX
It will lag a little when gaming but will have smooth UI.

Pwoper
Old
(Last edited by Pwoper; 22nd April 2013 at 01:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I installed IcySnap V1.5 on my LG P500 which comes with kernel 2.6.35.10-perf + CM9 and overclocked to 729mhz. I really liked the rom, but I was wondering if there is another rom + kernel better that focus on performance and little bit of visual.I'm experiencing lag in some games like Zenonia 5
And if i keep this rom, there is a better kernel to improve the performance ?

*sorry for possible gramm mistakes, english is not my mother language*

benjasmins
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
my android version is 2.3.3 GingerBread
kernel version: 2.6.35.10-perf lg-electronics@INFBA00091#1
my phone was running on 2.2 froyo when i bought it. later then i updated it to 2.3.3 (official firmware update by lg)

i want to to flash a new kernel and rom for maximum performance. i want to play HD games without much lags. so which combination of custom rom and kernel i should use?

andy's Phoenix ROM ( Gingerbread-2.3.4 , released on 2011-10-20) with
franco.Kernel for Gingerbread ( 2.6.35.14) works with mine?
or there is any better combination?
Try Miui v 1.2 and pp kernel 1.7

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe