Android rooting - Linux port of DooMLoRD script - ICS as well as Gingerbread
I have now also made a Linux port for DooMLoRD's rooting of ICS phones.(Sony Xperia only)
Please see attached file: Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-Linux.zip
You need flashtool for linux. Procedure remains the same as for windows.
Original script thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1601038
Rooting procedure: http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/41...art=0&tstart=0
Please update Superuser app as well as SU binary to the latest version after rooting is done successfully.
Updated as per DooMLoRD's v4.0 script with zergRush binary of 21 Nov 2011 and with makespace which deletes Google Maps if there is not enough space.(< 6MB).
I am completely new to Android but not at all new to Linux.
I used paxchristos script (ran commands manually though) to root my Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman. (WT19i / Android 2.3.4 / Build 4.0.2.A.0.58)
Source threads used:
In an attached file, I fixed/modified/added few things in paxchristos script. Here is the detail:
1) Fixed error in symlinking su. (source/destination were same)
2) Don't delete (and recreate) /data/local/tmp/ directory unnecessarily, just delete its contents.
3) Create /data/local/tmp if it does not exist.
4) Uses dd instead of cp (because DooMLoRD's script does,
dont know why!
). Update: as per anantshri, dd is used because cp has been known to give errors.
5) If your system already has 'adb' then it uses system 'adb' instead of one in zip-archive.
6) Updated zip archive to contain the latest files from DooMLoRD's archive (paxchristos archive seemed old)
Please try/verify and let me know if I missed something.