Status Bar Widgets/toggles for stock ICS rom using Widgetsoid

Search This thread

t3ej4y

Nov 23, 2010
Haha yeah, one thing I like about widgetsoid is the transparent icon... now I'm pretty used to the black space there when I have other notifications:D Kinda like my status bar as minimal as possible.

layar

Dec 9, 2011
thanks, it works fine with my rooted nexus s (ROM Neapolitans 2.0) :D

madd0g

May 8, 2010
What's the color code to put in Widgetsoid that's the same as ICS blue ? I saw #33B5E5 somewhere, but this hex code doesn't work in apps color picker.

DoomFragger

Jun 25, 2007
I couldn't find a way to hide the widget and keep the notification in Extended Controls. So, I made a background that could fit nicely (IMHO) in both places.

Screenshot_2012-01-02-12-08-11.jpg Screenshot_2012-01-02-12-08-32.jpg

Attachments

• widgetback2.png
    widgetback2.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 433

madd0g

May 8, 2010

Close, but still not the same (I've put stock ICS Power control widget side by side to compare). I'm goin for the stock Power control widget look.

[edit] I've picked the color from Power control now, it's #FF45bce8. I'll try to make the same background also. Background's color is #FF222222.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

I couldn't find a way to hide the widget and keep the notification in Extended Controls. So, I made a background that could fit nicely (IMHO) in both places.

View attachment 839084 View attachment 839085

Can you make the same one with #FF222222 ?

Last edited:

sturm1909

Mar 14, 2011
i now have the widget from widgetsoid2.x in my notification bar. Is there a configuration so this widget will always appear on top of the notification bar? At the moment, if a new sms comes in it appears right above the widgetsoid widget.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

skezza

Sep 29, 2007

View attachment 839084 View attachment 839085

Hi buddy,
It's very easy to hide the widget while keeping the notifications, but what it means is that you will need to do it every time you restart your phone (because the Widget actually starts the application when ICS boots, which then loads the profile).

First thing you need to do, is delete the Widget you made.
Now:
1. Open Extended Controls from your App Drawer.
2. Press Widgets With the Spanner Above (it will load the Widgets in use, and previously used).
3. Press the little Edit button, a crayon/pencil (between Refresh and Delete), then press the one next to the profile you want to use.

If you have already set Widget Notification then simply press back to Exit Extended Controls then back two more times (to leave the main activity) and voila.
If you are just using a Widget on your home screen....

4. Slide across to Advanced.
5. Select Widget Notification (& I also suggest scrolling down and enabling Hide Notification Icon).

Press back to exit, then back twice again and rock and roll.

When you restart your phone, all you need to do is open Extended Controls, Widgets, Edit, select the Widget, then exit Extended Controls. Might seem a bit annoying but considering you may only reset your phone once a week I think it's a small price to pay for extra desktop real estate :D

Let me know if this works, it's been working for me for quite a while.

Last edited:

wooopla

Feb 24, 2012
Does it support Wifi-hotspot toggle off/on?
I REALLY need that!

I am the developer of a widget that does exactly that, a Hotspot toggle widget that works with all versions, including ICS / Galaxy Nexus:

Search the market for "Fattin | Hotspot Toggle Widget", it's also free ;)

AtomicPC

Jan 16, 2011
Columbia
Anyone else having trouble with tethering? If I have the icon in widgetsoid and click it it lights up but nothing more. If I create a shortcut to it and select it through that then I can turn it off and back on through the widgets button. As soon as I unplug and plug back in I have to go through that process again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Seeing as the notification status bar widgets/toggles were popular features in cm7 roms and much sought-after in ICS roms, and wanting to experience ICS in its stock form before trying any custom roms, I went about trying to find a way to get status bar toggles back because they're really convenient for switching things on/off (eg rotation) without having to leave an app. Widgetsoid, an app obtainable from the android market, suits my needs, placing no-frills one-touch toggles in my notification bar, and handily having an option to hide the ongoing notification icon so my status bar remains 'pure'. This way I can get cm-like settings whilst keeping to the more stable (imo) and stock rom. Free version is here and donate version is here.

I'm not affliated with this app or its maker in any way, just thought I'd share something that made my life a little easier/my phone a little better.

Cheers and a late Merry Christmas to all!:p
    Unfortunately no.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    What's the color code to put in Widgetsoid that's the same as ICS blue ? I saw #33B5E5 somewhere, but this hex code doesn't work in apps color picker.

try #FF57BEFF

Can you make the same one with #FF222222 ?
    I've made this before. It uses the standard ICS widget background.

widgetback.png
    Aime ca

screenshot2012022705282.png

PixelRom 1.50 with Widgetsoid 2.x