New Firmware downloading now..

Search This thread

AnyMal

Apr 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Here I uploaded a quick and dirty video of how quick my GPS is working as well as the Wifi strong signal.

@1:07 you will see I'm indoor and my wireless router is far away on the second floor on opposite corners.

Sorry for the crappy video. I had to use a TF101 :D

Your GPS is NOT working, it didn't lock on to any satellites. Also, notice the position accuracy at 300 meters, that's almost 900 feet :eek:, meaning your position was calulated via Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

JoeyLe

Aug 29, 2010
Your GPS is NOT working, it didn't lock on to any satellites. Also, notice the position accuracy at 300 meters, that's almost 100 feet :eek:, meaning your position was calulated via Wi-Fi.

Yeah well, at least it is now seeing satellites, that is a big improvement already. Under the 300 meters (which is 984 feet, sir) it says "Error", so i think that is wrong.

Ciddy

Nov 15, 2008
It is working as he is indoors and managed to get a fix, however short it may have been. This looks promising for a quick fix outdoors.

On the rooting this little bit of info in the wake of the comments posted on FB by Asus Germany is interesting but disencouraging;
Quote:
"ASUS Deutschland Hallo Zusammen, wie schon beim TF101 wird es auch beim TF201 keinen offenen Bootloader geben. Unsere Update Politik ist bekanntermaßen gut und schnell, eine Modifizierung des Betriebssystem möchten wir nicht ermöglichen."

Translated:
Hello everyone, as with the TF101 there will not be an open bootloader on the TF201. Our update policy is good and fast, a modification of the operating system is not what we want to make possible.

Big mistake that policy.

deviouskater

Jun 11, 2010
Well looks like my unit bricked. The first update went fine. Rebooted. Loaded up fine. Google plus crashed so I clear app dataand fix problem. Notice two other updates one for eee pad the other for camera. Press to install eeepad update. Screen became unresponsive . Let it sit for almost an hour. I think It rebooted on its own or from me hitting power button. Came up with android gears screen but with half screen still working. But screen still unresponsive.

Well ending up returning it at fry's. Ill really like the prime but with GPS not working to well.no usb host adapter insight. And now this. I'm just going to wait.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Sokonomi

Dec 31, 2011
I have a feeling someone will find a crack in asus' impenetrable fortress at some point anyway,
and that there will be ROM loading whether asus likes it or not. ;)
Be it a leaked key or some random Korean super genius getting in somehow.
Wasn't it pretty much the same with iOS?

AnyMal

Apr 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Yeah well, at least it is now seeing satellites, that is a big improvement already. Under the 300 meters (which is 984 feet, sir) it says "Error", so i think that is wrong.

Yeah I did distance conversion backwards :p, but it still does not change the fact that TF does not locks on to satellites. It doesn't matter how many satellites it can see, as long as it can not lock on and maintain lock GPS will remain useless unfortunately.

tdp252

Dec 30, 2011
Well looks like my unit bricked. The first update went fine. Rebooted. Loaded up fine. Google plus crashed so I clear app dataand fix problem. Notice two other updates one for eee pad the other for camera. Press to install eeepad update. Screen became unresponsive . Let it sit for almost an hour. I think It rebooted on its own or from me hitting power button. Came up with android gears screen but with half screen still working. But screen still unresponsive.

Well ending up returning it at fry's. Ill really like the prime but with GPS not working to well.no usb host adapter insight. And now this. I'm just going to wait.

My roommate updated his and it bricked his also. First symptom is the touch-screen became unresponsive. Then the exact same scenario as you describe. He tried wiping by holding down the power+volume down but that didn't help. It now won't even boot.

extdrive

Feb 4, 2011
my only complaint to begin with was touch response. Seemed like it missed some of my touches. I'm happy to report this update has fixed that issue for me :) Can anyone else confirm?

deviouskater

Jun 11, 2010
Well maybe this may help to prevent. After first update. Reboot the tablet wait 10 mins to make sure everything is loaded. Then doing the same with the other updates. The only thing I can do know is help others

deviouskater

Jun 11, 2010
reading the transformer prime forum. Did Asus remove the third eeepad update. Somebody said they only updated twice?

quinnco

Dec 31, 2010
Holy &$@#! I think I am bricked

I was in the process of downloading and installing new OTA update and my prime froze.:eek: I waited for 30 min on the hope that it would fix itself. After 30 min I had to hit the reset button since it was unresponsive. It then booted up through ASUS screen then I get a screen that shows white gears and a big orange caution sign like it can't find an OS. :(

Any help getting back to any known state would be nice. As of right now there is not even recovery boot. (Pwr Vol Down then up) I will include pics of screens to show.

1-Normal Boot
2-Asus screen normal boot
3-OS error screen
4-Recovery boot (power,Vol Down)
5-No Recovery Image error
6-Closeup of Recovery boot.

Attachments

• 4-Recovery.jpg
    4-Recovery.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 5-No_Rec_image.jpg
    5-No_Rec_image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 171
  • 6-Closeup_Recovery.jpg
    6-Closeup_Recovery.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 221

deviouskater

Jun 11, 2010
Have to send back to Asus. It's bricked. How many updates dis you go thru

Sokonomi

Dec 31, 2011
Howmany bricks does that make sofar? Five?
Asus is building themselves a brick wall it seems.

quinnco

Dec 31, 2010
Off to ASUS I go!

Just the first today. I did the Dec updates when I got it. I knew it was too good to be true. I did not have the issues others were having, no light bleed, good Wifi, GPS locks,... Perfect until the .33 OTA update. Oh hell.:mad: I am going to have to use my GTab until I get this back sometime in the spring. I am too mad to even call Asus yet. I am going to go and get some food and calm down before calling tonight.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the ASUS-Germany Facebook Page:
    update.jpg
    right after installing the update, I did a GPS test and I'm able to get 8-10 satellites from my home office. I used to never get a signal here. I will test more and report back.
    WIFI is not required for GPS to function. But yes, even with Wifi turned on.

I am so not bothered by this gps nonsense i never turned off my wifi to check, when i go to weather, it knows where am i am, when i go to maps it locks on instantly, when i go to checkins, it knows where i am.

in my eyes GPS works. idc if i go outside with some sattelite app with wifi off if it connects to them. it works, thats all i care about.

if you are using a 10.1 tablet as a GPS in your car then i really don't know what to say.
    Google plus app keeps crashing after this update...

Same here. Got it to work by going into Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Google+ > Clear Data , then Force stop. First time you load Google+ you will then need to select your account.
    For thoses who can't update, do you get a "The application CMClient (process com.asus.cm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." everytime you boot up? I do lol, if you do I think I might have found an answer, but it's unconfirmed though. I can confirm it till I get home this evening. Here is a link to what I think is a solution.
    this method worked for me