[ROM] >>> Honeycomb Freemium 7 v1.0 (Alpha1)<<< Free the Premium!!!
Disclaimer: Im not responsible for device Bricks, Thermonuclear War, You losing your shoe or anything else you can think to blame me for! You must own a Physical SD card (or do what I did, Buy an SD Card Adaptor from walmart, and use a Micro SD card from your phone to flash, if done right, you will have no issues whatsoever, and this doesn't wipe your memory card!)
Put on SD Card
Rename HCFreemium.img to update.img
Your tablet will automatically recognize and install the Rom
Let it install, DONT REMOVE THE SDCARD DURING INSTALLATION
Welcome to the First Ever Rom by >> ME << :)
INTRODUCING HONEYCOMB FREEMIUM 7 v1.0
This Rom isnt anything crazy special, but some of the features are:
:) (Superuser permissions fully functional, but you cant write the /system directory)
(Thanks Syndicate Apps!)
-Awesome Volume Editor
(Allows you to Emulate Beats Audio, Increase overall sound, etc. It has many great features! Its like a better DSP Manager)
- I know I use it, if you all feel it to be useless, I will remove it in the Next Release!
(Credits go to the developer of the app, and your SD Card must be partitioned, DO NOT TRY TO PARTITION EXTERNAL SD BUILT INTO THE TABLET)
- This app gives you paid games for free LEGALLY! GetJar has been around since the old .jar game days (games/apps that ran on phones with keypads lol) and is under no circumstances illegal or Warez related!
- I dont know if this was just me, but I had issues with Gmail on the original Firmware, so I added a better one!
-FULLY FUNCTIONAL Market
- There are major issues with the 3.0+ releases of the Android Market, so this is the OLD market, until I find a fix for it!
-Google Music/Video (4.0)
- I didnt like the original Music and Video Apps, so I added Google's, they are much smaller and look WAY better, and are fully functional.
- Remove ads from your apps (This is a root app and has been around for a while)
-The Real Kobo App
- The original NP7 optimized Kobo wouldn't let you import books, so I added the one that did!
-Youtube (The Real One)
- Again, another crappy NP7 Optimized app replaced with the real, better one :)
-ICS Boot animation
- May seem laggy in the beginning, but will speed up after a second!
-Internal Storage Increase
- With the Stock Firmware, you only had 153 MB. I have increased it to approx. 210-215 MB! (HORRAY FOR MORE SPACE)
As Quoted by Sgtfoo
It's based on the first known rooted ROM for this device: 'DocHoppy's ROM'. Credit for most of this ROM goes to him and to 'Wendal' for his toolset for packing the ROM (into cramfs) for the Nextbook 7 Premium device.
This is release 1.0! Many more versions soon to come. Some features for Alpha2 Release are:
-More Google apps (For Pure Android Feel)
-Build Prop Edit (The NP7 is not seen as a tablet on the android market, so we cannot get tablet optimized apps, only stretched versions of the phone apps)
-More features to come!
-POSSIBLY port CM9's Trebuchet ICS Launcher to NP7 (No Promises on this one, may have to wait until a later release)
Thank you all for your support, if you would like to contribute to this projects by helping with the development (I dont want any donations lol) then please Inbox Me! Otherwise, please feel free to report any bugs/issues you ran across when using, and I will fix ASAP! Also, feel free to add suggestions for the Rom!
Thank you XDA :)
Also: If you are also a NP7 Dev, or know how to edit Kernels (We need better speeds as far as how fast the Tablet Goes), Boot Images (The specs said something about two 256 MB memory drives, I need to see if we can obtain access to the second Drive, to further increase space), Build Recoveries, Get access to the bootloader, etc. help would be much appreciated! Thank you again :)
Download HERE: HCFreemium7
Features for Alpha2 (Coming Soon) (Dont ask for ETA lol)
-Build Prop edits (Better battery life, access to Tablet apps in the market, etc.)
-Possible porting of Honeycomb apps (May have to wait until Alpha3/Beta1 Release)
-Honeycomb boot Animation
-A possible fix for the auto off softkey button backlights (I HATE THAT, ITS SO ANNOYING) (Again, another possible A3/B1 Release)
-Lock Screen Replacement (Honeycomb/ICS)
-Transparency features (Status bar, Settings Menu, etc.)
Thanks for your support. By the way, if you want a forum to discuss this stuff on, try mine! its relatively new, but all Nextbook tablets have a forum section. Feel free to tell your friends/random Nextbook owners about it