[WIP] - ICS Camera HAL for 2.6 kernel
I have re-written the ICS camera HAL module to be a thin wrapper for the gingerbread libcamera.so and hence it will only work with the 2.6 kernel. The advantage is that getting to gingerbread level functionality should be quick
Creating a new thread because there is a slight chance that this will work for all qualcomm devices with existing libcamera.so files (with slight mods ofcourse
Here is a zip file which contains the new camera HAL module. README file accompanying it has instructions on the locations for the files. If you already have the previous version of camera HAL working, all you have to do is replace camera.qsd8k.so and libcamera.so with the ones in the zip file.
1) Preview works.
2) Taking a picture works pretty well.
3) Size of picture is no longer huge.
4) Software zoom works.
5) Most of the other knobs like focus, file size etc. seemed to work as well in my testing.
6) Pretty stable as far as I can see
Not working yet:
Video and other fancy stuff.
If people have requests for other qualcomm devices after having tried the HAL included in the zip file, kindly include the following information.
1) logcat from having used the HAL module.
3) libcamera.so from gingerbread ROM for the device.
4) liboemcamera.so from gingerbread ROM.
Currently known to work on the following devices:
1) Nexus One.
2) HTC Desire
3) HTC HD2
Enjoy and thanks for all the feedback.