Hello and happy new year!!
Starting a new thread for MIUI u8800 with the 2.6.35 kernel branch to avoid confusion with the old branch.
I am not responsible for any damage what-so-ever done to your phone, as with any ROM, you accept this risk.
Visit the project homepage here!
- First of all you need to upgrade to official 2.3.5 release from Huawei.
- Get the official upgrade from here and follow the installation instructions inside the zip.
- Afterwards follow this nice guide on how to root and install CWM recovery on your phone. (thanks to That-Guy)
- Recommended recovery is this (thanks to Blefish)
- If you came from another rom wipe Data/Cache/DavlikVM.
- If you are upgrading wipe Cache/DavlikVM.
- Apply the zip package as usual through CWM!
First of all thanks to all the developers supporting this device.
Thanks to Blefish, Darksage07, dzo, genokolar, ksatta, stockwell and anyone else i might forget.
Special thanks to genokolar and dzo for providing the kernel.
Thanks to the Desire Z MIUI port community as without it there wouldn't be this port too.
Thanks to MIUI-XJ for the translations.
Anyone else i forget.
- Audio hiss in low volume from speaker.
- For the time being you can use Volume+ to tweak the audio. Get it from here!
- Languages Supported: English, Chinese, German, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Hebrew, Vietnamese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, French, Danish, Hungarian, Slovenian, Greek, Turkish.
- A bug to be confirmed should be reported by at least two people or have a proper replication method.
- Please don't spam the thread with useless posts. If you want to thank there is the thanks button if you want to bitch please don't do it. Keep it clean.
- Some translations are not good either missing stuff can you fix it?
No. I don't do the translations neither intend too. I just implement them.
- When will you release the next update?
Will try to bring the next beta every Sunday nothing is for sure though and it depends on my free time.
- I have an issue that i think it's a bug how can i report this?
State the version you are using, explain it thoroughly providing information on when it occurs and under what circumstances, use proper English, use common sense, have patience.
- 22/01/2012 MIUI 2.1.20 Multilingual Download
- Nothing new.
- 15/1/2012 MIUI 2.1.13 MultiLingual Download
- Tweaked a bit cpu voltages according to the old vdd levels franco used. Should get a bit more of battery life in frequencies under 1024 and more stability over it.
- Added a couple of new governors to have fun to (lagfree, lazy, interactivex, minmax, scary, smoothass).
- Fixed native wifi tethering.
- In call volume/quality is better but there is still some noise in low volume.
- 9/1/2012 MIUI 2.1.6 MultiLingual Download
- From this version and on no mods will be included. This is a clean MIUI. For mods check the addons section.
- Fixed most of the issues should be stable now.
- 4/1/2012 MIUI 1.12.30 MultiLingual Download
u8800 changelog v2
- Fixed torch and superuser issue.
- You'll have to use MoreLocale 2 to switch to another language now. Old framework was causing me issues so will stick to the unmodified one.
- Some really nice transitions added!
- Using desire-z framework instead of miui-au should now be more stable and with better battery life.
- Removed extended settings mod / app drawer. Check the miui android forums if you want to install them by your own from now on. Only mod i will continue implement is the t9 dialer mod.
- Maxthon as default browser.
- Initial release with the new kernel branch 2.6.35.
- Can now mount both internal and external sdcard with no problems.
- The usual stuff from MIUI-AU and MIUI-XJ.
- Some changes reverted in build.prop that actually caused worst performance instead of better.
- Cleaned up init.d scripts.