[The Petition]**We Need Your Support**

Search This thread

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
As Galaxy S owners, we are all united. As Android users we are all united. As far as Samsung is concerned we are all NOT created equal. Our device, the Vibrant (SGH-T959), is now being left to the wayside for any future updates from Samsung even though our core specs are extremely similar to the Google Nexus S, which has already received the ICS update. The CyanogenMod team has left us due to the on-going issue of 911/e911 and the lack of the proper code from Samsung to alleviate a potentially fatal result of a custom ROM. It is our intentions to serve Samsung with a petition asking for the update to ICS, which will in-turn, alleviate the 911/e911 issue as well.

We are asking all Galaxy S users to sign this petition to get Samsung to reconsider giving all top end Galaxy S devices the ICS update. Please help us with our goal and sign the petition. If you are on a Galaxy S phone, this affects you too.

Thank you for reading this and please see this link for more details and this link to sign the petition.

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
I signed, thanks for doing this. We deserve better than this... where would Samsung be without the consumer?

Sent from my ICS SCH-i500

mkuehl06

Sep 5, 2011
Kouts
I signed, thanks for doing this. We deserve better than this... where would Samsung be without the consumer?

Sent from my ICS SCH-i500

"Ooh la la" verizon's "Tutsi fruitsi!"... oh wait

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

MOD EDIT: censored upon request

Last edited by a moderator:

chopper the dog

Oct 17, 2008
The blood bath known as Chicago IL.
Well the ns4g was given ics from google and not samsung. But the problem becomes a ram issue (fascinate has only 384mb, not sure on the other variants) and the fact that samsung isn't going to give you straight up ics, it would be a fat pig that includes touch wiz and would also munch all of the ram just on boot. Even cm9 has it's ram challenges running on the fascinate. I'm not at all surprised or shocked that samsung has made this decision. But good luck with your efforts.

good day.

Last edited:

mkuehl06

Sep 5, 2011
Kouts
haha what'd you actually say? I'm curious since people reported it :p
People report stuff cause they "find it offensive" well it is the truth what I said. It just is kinda annoying not to get a pm asking me to revise my post or anything. I would have revised it myself. But oh well, this isn't the place to ***** about the mods doing their jobs :rolls eyes:

Reactions: xriderx66

zas311

Jan 14, 2007
Sorry. I already had enough upgrades thanks to Samsung & especially to great people here. Will have a GNote when it comes with ICS in a few months. New OS should be run on new phones so that it could be appreciated fully.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As Galaxy S owners, we are all united. As Android users we are all united. As far as Samsung is concerned we are all NOT created equal. Our device, the Vibrant (SGH-T959), is now being left to the wayside for any future updates from Samsung even though our core specs are extremely similar to the Google Nexus S, which has already received the ICS update. The CyanogenMod team has left us due to the on-going issue of 911/e911 and the lack of the proper code from Samsung to alleviate a potentially fatal result of a custom ROM. It is our intentions to serve Samsung with a petition asking for the update to ICS, which will in-turn, alleviate the 911/e911 issue as well.

We are asking all Galaxy S users to sign this petition to get Samsung to reconsider giving all top end Galaxy S devices the ICS update. Please help us with our goal and sign the petition. If you are on a Galaxy S phone, this affects you too.

Thank you for reading this and please see this link for more details and this link to sign the petition.
    haha what'd you actually say? I'm curious since people reported it :p
    People report stuff cause they "find it offensive" well it is the truth what I said. It just is kinda annoying not to get a pm asking me to revise my post or anything. I would have revised it myself. But oh well, this isn't the place to ***** about the mods doing their jobs :rolls eyes: