5,597,762 Members 36,386 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Office and PDF File Uploader

Tip us?

Thunder_
Old
(Last edited by Thunder_; 18th March 2012 at 01:30 AM.) Reason: Add download location for Adobe Reader.
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Smile Office and PDF File Uploader

Just want to share a desktop tool I build which can upload Office files to Office Hub based on Heathcliff74's work.

Steps to use:Extract all files and run the EXE file.

1. Connect
2. Go to office tab
3. Click the upload button. Select office files you want to upload
4. The file will appear in Office hub on the phone. You may need to close Office hub by "Back" key to refresh the view.

One interesting thing I notice is that we can also deploy PDF files to My Documents and Office Hub will recognize it and assign a red color for PDF files. Office Hub will even launch Adobe Reader. Unfortunately, Adobe Reader does not have access permission to My Document and will return an error.

What could that mean? MS planned to give Adobe a backdoor but Adobe failed to deliver it?

2012.01.06. Updated a new version (2.1) with PDF support. You must install Adobe Reader using XAP to make it work. Adobe Reader installed from MarketPlace won't work. You may get the XAP from http://www.mediafire.com/?848nhfde7hqsqww according to this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1317357, who provides a similiar PDF uploader application.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookUploader.zip - [Click for QR Code] (519.2 KB, 3707 views)
File Type: zip BookUploader 2.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (270.1 KB, 6067 views)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Thunder_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2473
I'm guessing this works by installing a simple XAP file, and thus requires developer unlock (Chevron or AppHub or WindowBreak or whatever)? Just checking.

Thunder_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
That's correct. System requirement should be: Dev Unlocked Phone, Phone SDK, Zune and .Net Framework 4.

Livven
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Nice, tried it out and works perfect. Going to the frontpage

wpxbox
Old
Thanks Meter 41
What is Creader for ?

---------- Post added 6th January 2012 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 5th January 2012 at 11:28 PM ----------

Tested the 2.1 Version on my Samsung Focus Chevron Unlocked. Works nicely including PDF Upload.

Can we get the same kind of file list for office document or is it limited by the API

Also I will suggest to use Popup notification or Progress bar to display when the file upload is completed.

The notification position is way too low and new nitrification goes under existing ones which is not very clear.

piaqt
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Where do I get creader?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein
Tablet: Surface RT 32GB, Type Keyboard
Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

mizzour
Old
Thanks Meter 0
this is awesome! With this loophole found, would there be any chance of getting access to the outlook files on the device so that an Outlook USB sync tool could be developed?

sinister1
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Will try it. Thanks.

Thunder_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpxbox View Post
What is Creader for ?

---------- Post added 6th January 2012 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 5th January 2012 at 11:28 PM ----------

Tested the 2.1 Version on my Samsung Focus Chevron Unlocked. Works nicely including PDF Upload.

Can we get the same kind of file list for office document or is it limited by the API

Also I will suggest to use Popup notification or Progress bar to display when the file upload is completed.

The notification position is way too low and new nitrification goes under existing ones which is not very clear.
Thanks for the suggestions. PDF upload using standard Isolated Storage API while allows read and write. Office files are not stored in isolated storage. Therefore, I have to use a hack to work around it, which doesn't support read.

Thunder_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpxbox View Post
What is Creader for ?

CReader is a Text book reader developed by my friend. It was designed to download from skydrive. However, seems skydrive connection is not so stable. I originally developed this app so that we can download text file to CReader without the need of skydrive or internet connection. But later on, I found we can do much more. PDF and Office files are way more important.