Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

Office and PDF File Uploader

OP Thunder_

5th January 2012, 08:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 63

73 posts
Just want to share a desktop tool I build which can upload Office files to Office Hub based on Heathcliff74's work.

Steps to use:Extract all files and run the EXE file.

1. Connect
2. Go to office tab
3. Click the upload button. Select office files you want to upload
4. The file will appear in Office hub on the phone. You may need to close Office hub by "Back" key to refresh the view.

One interesting thing I notice is that we can also deploy PDF files to My Documents and Office Hub will recognize it and assign a red color for PDF files. Office Hub will even launch Adobe Reader. Unfortunately, Adobe Reader does not have access permission to My Document and will return an error.

What could that mean? MS planned to give Adobe a backdoor but Adobe failed to deliver it?

2012.01.06. Updated a new version (2.1) with PDF support. You must install Adobe Reader using XAP to make it work. Adobe Reader installed from MarketPlace won't work. You may get the XAP from http://www.mediafire.com/?848nhfde7hqsqww according to this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1317357, who provides a similiar PDF uploader application.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookUploader.zip - [Click for QR Code] (519.2 KB, 3869 views)
File Type: zip BookUploader 2.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (270.1 KB, 6295 views)
Last edited by Thunder_; 18th March 2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Add download location for Adobe Reader.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Thunder_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2012, 08:21 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,719

5,751 posts
More
I'm guessing this works by installing a simple XAP file, and thus requires developer unlock (Chevron or AppHub or WindowBreak or whatever)? Just checking.
5th January 2012, 08:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Shanghai

73 posts
That's correct. System requirement should be: Dev Unlocked Phone, Phone SDK, Zune and .Net Framework 4.
5th January 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #4  
Flag Wiesbaden
Thanks Meter: 14

938 posts
Nice, tried it out and works perfect. Going to the frontpage
5th January 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 41

284 posts
More
What is Creader for ?

---------- Post added 6th January 2012 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 5th January 2012 at 11:28 PM ----------

Tested the 2.1 Version on my Samsung Focus Chevron Unlocked. Works nicely including PDF Upload.

Can we get the same kind of file list for office document or is it limited by the API

Also I will suggest to use Popup notification or Progress bar to display when the file upload is completed.

The notification position is way too low and new nitrification goes under existing ones which is not very clear.
5th January 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 12

313 posts
More
Where do I get creader?
5th January 2012, 11:22 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
this is awesome! With this loophole found, would there be any chance of getting access to the outlook files on the device so that an Outlook USB sync tool could be developed?
5th January 2012, 11:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 109

1,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Will try it. Thanks.
6th January 2012, 12:48 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Shanghai

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpxbox

What is Creader for ?

---------- Post added 6th January 2012 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 5th January 2012 at 11:28 PM ----------

Tested the 2.1 Version on my Samsung Focus Chevron Unlocked. Works nicely including PDF Upload.

Can we get the same kind of file list for office document or is it limited by the API

Also I will suggest to use Popup notification or Progress bar to display when the file upload is completed.

The notification position is way too low and new nitrification goes under existing ones which is not very clear.

Thanks for the suggestions. PDF upload using standard Isolated Storage API while allows read and write. Office files are not stored in isolated storage. Therefore, I have to use a hack to work around it, which doesn't support read.
6th January 2012, 03:59 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Shanghai

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpxbox

What is Creader for ?

CReader is a Text book reader developed by my friend. It was designed to download from skydrive. However, seems skydrive connection is not so stable. I originally developed this app so that we can download text file to CReader without the need of skydrive or internet connection. But later on, I found we can do much more. PDF and Office files are way more important.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread