[Root Locked Bloader]Nexus One Easy Rooting Toolkit (DoomLord's via Zergrush Exploit)

Search This thread

thefascinater

Nov 24, 2011
Noob

sorry but i am a complete noob here.
So can anyone plz guide me through step by step process.
Would greatly appreciate that.
using nexus one 2.3.4 stock not rooted:(

Kojo62

Dec 18, 2011
PA
Thanks for this thread. Just rooted my Nexus One for the first time, and this really made it easy. Very much appreciated!

krazichinaman

Mar 20, 2008
Totally new to rooting any device but I've followed the instructions to a T.

Phone is a 100% stock Tmobile USA nexus one running 2.3.6 build GRK39F.

I've downloaded Android SDK and updated the phone driver.

Under: Control Panel = > Device Manager=> Android Phone => It shows Android Composite ADB Interface.

I am assuming that I installed the USB drivers correctly and my computer recognizes my phone?

I follow the instructions on East Rooting Toolkit v3.0 to a T but I know I must be missing a real obvious face palm step. The program is extracted to my desktop.

When I follow the instructions and hit the space bar, it shows
"Waiting for device"
Then a whole ton of:
"The system cannot find the path specified."
Then the ALL DONE!!! Press any key to continue.

What obvious step am I missing here as I know this should work for my device ?

Forgot to add I don't get message on step 6 from the instructions. When I plug in my phone I don't get the "PC Companion Software" prompt on device. Unless this is referring to the "Turn on USB storage" message.

Last edited:

krazichinaman

Mar 20, 2008
Every time I plug in my phone it shows it as a removable G drive. Guessing my computer recognizes my phone as just a memory drive and not a phone?

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

No clue for sure on this, but are you running the program with administrator priveledges? (Right click on the icon and select "Run as administrator")

Just tried this with the same results. Appreciate the suggestion !

bassmadrigal

Jun 4, 2010
Newport News, Virginia
bassmadrigal.com
Every time I plug in my phone it shows it as a removable G drive. Guessing my computer recognizes my phone as just a memory drive and not a phone?

Well, according to your last post, since it shows up as a valid adb device, then your computer should recognize it as both a memory drive and an adb composite device.

What happens if you type in adb devices in the command prompt? (you either need to be in the same directory as adb or have that directory included in your PATH)

Reactions: krazichinaman

krazichinaman

Mar 20, 2008
Well, according to your last post, since it shows up as a valid adb device, then your computer should recognize it as both a memory drive and an adb composite device.

What happens if you type in adb devices in the command prompt? (you either need to be in the same directory as adb or have that directory included in your PATH)

When I type in adb devices I get the same message as before

'adb' is not recognizes as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I found this video and followed the same steps but was unable to find the device via the command prompt, but it shows under my device manager.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg-cGTZE2XI&feature=related

krazichinaman

Mar 20, 2008
You need to be in the same directory as the adb file to verify it is working. This will be somewhere under the Android SDK folder (I think platform\tools).

You could also do a search for adb.exe if you can't find it.

Had some luck. I am now able to get
C:\android\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
HTXXXXXXXXXXXXXX device

But when I run the script it still says the same thing. The actual runme file is also in the same folder C:\android\platform-tools

When I run in command prompt or click on the file it gives the same message
"The system cannot find the patch specified."

dionix05

Dec 5, 2011
Worked like a charm on a stock 2.3.6 Nexus One. Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium

bassmadrigal

Jun 4, 2010
Newport News, Virginia
bassmadrigal.com
Had some luck. I am now able to get
C:\android\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
HTXXXXXXXXXXXXXX device

But when I run the script it still says the same thing. The actual runme file is also in the same folder C:\android\platform-tools

When I run in command prompt or click on the file it gives the same message
"The system cannot find the patch specified."

You need to have all included files in the same folder. Otherwise the script won't know where to find the patches.

Reactions: krazichinaman

krazichinaman

Mar 20, 2008
This whole time I made the BIGGEST FACEPALM mistake possible. Thanks to your last post I figured it out and was rooted within a minute.

Thank You so much bassmadrigal for putting up with my noob questions.

rojackjr

Mar 11, 2009
I used your directions on my Nexus one ver. 2.3.6. As I'm still a newbie at much of this my first try was unsuccessful. I had misunderstood what was meant by step 1: "You need to have your phone's drivers installed for adb to work". A quick search and these results made clear what I needed (see: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=613217) [THANKS TH3FALLEN]. I downloaded the file the link provided and followed Th3fallen's instructions. THEN, I followed your steps and SUCCESS!!! MANY THANKS!!!

Nodzor01

Jan 29, 2012
Works, but stuck at the next step

OK noob questions coming up, can't find the answer!

This method works for me to root my N1 (2.3.6), although I have to do the rm ... /boomsh if I run it more than once, and it loses root on reboot.

I am doing it manually using zergRush exploit rather than the other link, as I am on a mac and would like the experience anyway. Maybe this is where I'm going wrong!
When I finish the root my SD card seems to unmount itself; my computer can't see the drive, but I can still adb; I can reattach the card, is that just me?

I am aiming to get to cyanogenmod in the long run, so I believe the next step (as posted on their site) is to install a custom recovery file (going for clockworkmod).

However, it sounds like I need su, which would come along with any root method that involves a bootload unlock but which I don't have? So not sure if I need to push that to the SD card/where to. I got for these problems trying to do so (I put all the files in the one folder platform tools btw)
Code:
doms-laptop:platform-tools user$ ./adb push su /system/bin
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/bin/su': Read-only file system
and
Code:
doms-laptop:platform-tools user$ ./adb install Superuser.apk
1111 KB/s (785801 bytes in 0.690s)
	pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]

I installed the Rom manager app in case they could install superuser rights or clockworkmod from my current rooted stage but no joy, using RomManager to flash clockworkmod recovery fails "while running privileged commands." [That'll be no su then]

EDIT:
So now i booted windows, installed adb drivers, and rooted with the kit, simples... Rom Manager working fine :) Thanks chaps

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a heads up (I nearly missed it),

After rooting my Galaxy S2 with Doomlord's Rooting Toolkit I pulled out my N1 to see if it would work and it did! Within 30secs I was fully rooted.

My N1 was running 2.3.6 stock till now and I didn't want to wipe to be able to root and this is the way.

I know I had been waiting a long time for this so maybe it'll be useful to others.

Doomlord's Rooting Toolkit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1319653
    Zergrush Exploit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296916

Update: Note that several manufacturers have patched their firmware to make this exploit fail. I don't know if this still works for the N1 though I believe it should considering I haven't seen an update come out for it (could've missed it) So if it fails for you and you got a very recent firmware could be google fixed it.
    Could you give a little more detailed instruction how to do it?
    Instructions are in the first link.

The gist of it is
    1. You need to have your phone's drivers installed for adb to work
    2. set to usb debugging
    3. connect usb cable
    4. run the bat file
    5. press space to start the process
    6 30secs later (for me) it rebooted and I was rooted.
    I'm not an expert, merely a messenger. But it appears adb isn't starting for you somehow.
    I'd look into that.
    Try launching it manually and trying to get a list of connected devices. (should give one named HTC#########)

Also if you have unlocked your bootloader then there are other methods to try.
    Hi !

Assuming that an unlocked bootloader wouldn't be a problem, I just tried your method, alas to no avail.
    If your bootloader is unlocked, why are you even bothering with this. Just start up your phone in fastboot mode, connect to your computer, and flash a custom recovery (i.e., fastboot flash recovery <NameOfYourRecoveryHere.img>, then boot into your custom, and flash ChainsDD's superuser zip. Done.

If your bootloader is unlocked, you never have to worry about root, because you can root at any time...