Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Help : Bootloader erased, Sensation is now bricked

OP shafez

5th January 2012, 04:35 PM   |  #1  
shafez's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 141
 
859 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
Dear all

As I was flashing the ICS Firmware file I changed my mind and pulled the sd-card out and instead of pushing the Vol Down to cancel I pushed the Vol up.

The phone then started to update without the SD-Card in, I suppose it was erasing everything and now the phone is dead.

No charging light, Nothing. It is not detected by the PC what ever I do.

Is there any possible way to re-flash the bootloader again?

Please Help, my phone is out of warranty.

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards
5th January 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Ufa
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1426139

look the same?
5th January 2012, 05:35 PM   |  #3  
shafez's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 141
 
859 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FausFear

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1426139

look the same?

Phone does not turn on, There is no way to go into Bootloader to flash anything.
5th January 2012, 06:13 PM   |  #4  
Jonny's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Cheshire
Thanks Meter: 8,273
 
8,122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafez

Dear all

As I was flashing the ICS Firmware file I changed my mind and pulled the sd-card out and instead of pushing the Vol Down to cancel I pushed the Vol up.

The phone then started to update without the SD-Card in, I suppose it was erasing everything and now the phone is dead.

No charging light, Nothing. It is not detected by the PC what ever I do.

Is there any possible way to re-flash the bootloader again?

Please Help, my phone is out of warranty.

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards

What you did was a very foolish thing, never flash firmware if you are unsure or even if you are, never ever pull sd card or battery out once it has started.

The only thing I can think of is try flashing an RUU. if not, u need to take it to a service center

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium
5th January 2012, 06:34 PM   |  #5  
dexter93's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,032
 
11,478 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Does adb devices give you anything ?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA App
5th January 2012, 06:46 PM   |  #6  
shafez's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 141
 
859 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter93

Does adb devices give you anything ?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny

What you did was a very foolish thing, never flash firmware if you are unsure or even if you are, never ever pull sd card or battery out once it has started.

The only thing I can think of is try flashing an RUU. if not, u need to take it to a service center

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

I know it is a foolish thing to do and no it is not detected by ADB or the USB port.

I hope there is a way to fix this other than changing the main board.

Regards
5th January 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #7  
dexter93's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,032
 
11,478 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Well, since adb won't see it, the ruu wont either. Congrats, its a brick Just call HTC and tell them you were installing an ota update when it died... You might be lucky and have it repaired

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA App
5th January 2012, 07:07 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Georgetown
Thanks Meter: 217
 
1,719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter93

Well, since adb won't see it, the ruu wont either. Congrats, its a brick Just call HTC and tell them you were installing an ota update when it died... You might be lucky and have it repaired

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA App

Don't know what possessed you to pull out the sd card when you could have just pressed down button. If it's completely bricked, chances are HTC will replace since they can't access anything to check your history.
5th January 2012, 07:09 PM   |  #9  
shafez's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 141
 
859 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter93

Well, since adb won't see it, the ruu wont either. Congrats, its a brick Just call HTC and tell them you were installing an ota update when it died... You might be lucky and have it repaired

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA App

They will repair it for sure as it is not warranty covered and I will pay for it , But I wonder how much it will cost and which part they will change.
5th January 2012, 07:27 PM   |  #10  
shafez's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 141
 
859 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical cactus

Don't know what possessed you to pull out the sd card when you could have just pressed down button. If it's completely bricked, chances are HTC will replace since they can't access anything to check your history.

The phone is out of warranty. So they will likely change the main board if they can't flash a new boot loader.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes