Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 40,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Breaks / Bugs on CyanogenMod 7 Nightly builds for LG Otimus Pro C660

Tip us?

aiamuzz
Old
(Last edited by aiamuzz; 4th February 2012 at 07:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Breaks / Bugs on CyanogenMod 7 Nightly builds for LG Otimus Pro C660

Branched out of this thread .......

Cyanogen Mod for C660
;
;
;
;
@varoon, @angenit ...

Please check and confirm the status of the following findings on your respective devices ...

1. Keyboard characters messed up
- FIXED IN THE LATEST BUILD !!!!!!!

2. SWAP SUPPORT NOT ON KERNEL, please install swapper 2 and try enabling it on your devices.
- INCORPORATED IN THE LATEST BUILD !!!!!!!

3. Confirm if HOTSPOT(tethering) feature is missing from your settings.

4. Choose 'external' from 'cyanogen mod settings - application - install location' install a couple of test apps from the market and check if they are installed on the external card.
- UNTESTED (I HAVE DARKTREMORS A2SD SO I CAN'T CONFIRM) !!!!!!!

4a. A2SD SUPPORT ON KERNEL EXPECTED.
- INCORPORATED IN THE LATEST BUILD !!!!!!!

5. On screen keyboard not launching when phone rotated sideways.

6. Selected input launguages not toggling when globe key pressed on physical keyboard.

6(a). The keyboard is back in action, however it needs some further tweaks, The virtual keyboard has to be switched off when in the right-side-up position as it is redundant in the presence of the physical keyboard.
Also while in the landscape position the virtual keyboard takes up the entire screen space leaving only 1-2 lines visible for input space, very problematic when trying to drag the cursor guide(which keeps jumping to the beginning of the text field) to the right place in the passage while editing.

Tweaks : The virtual keyboard should not exceed more than 50% of the screen and needs to have better cursor guide control
- BUG IN THE LATEST BUILD !!!!!!!

7. SIM card contents like contacts and SMS'es are not getting populated(viewable) in phone book and messages. The setting for USIM is missing from contacts display setting.
- YET TO BE FIXED !!!!!!!

8. The speaker phone volume while on a call is very low, using the volume button increases the in-call volume and has no effect on the speaker phone volume,
. The sound settings however are maxed out for ringtone, ringer, media and alarm volumes.

9. In the 'battery use' section of settings the % and the progress bars are not matching, the bar stands at zero for all the categories.

10. When you turn off the android keyboard in settings, the settings are forcely closed and when you try to go to "phone state" it closes... after when you reboot the keyboard is turned on again.

11. Video Recording is also not working in the latest build.

12. Since Build 15, the camera is not working, the moment the camera is run the screen starts blinking/flickering rapidly with "ANDROID_" showing on the screen, this state cannot be exited the phone needs to be rebooted to get out of this flicker'y loop.

13. Since after builds 11 and 12 the overall performance of the animations or screen responsiveness has deteriorated with build 15 noticeably laggy or slow.

14. Also the physical keyboard response is choppy i'e, the instant a key is pressed, the letters display a split second later on the screen. So when one is typing a little fast, you see the letters on the screen not keeping up with the speed of key-presses. (PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CHOPPINESS IS ONLY WHEN ONE IS USING THE PHYSICAL KEYBOARD !!! the android onscreen keyboard as a normal steady keypress response)

15. Wifi HotSpot connecting but internet not browsable !!! - since build 34
- TO BE FIXED !!!!!!!

Thnx,
My Current Device : Motorola Droid Pro XT610
My Daily ROM : Jackpot Calvin's CM9 (Un-official Builds)
Currently Watching/Evaluating : VanillaLVL 's CM9 ROM (under development)
Credit's to : CM Team, JackpotCalvin, Gummy, ... VanillaLVL !!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aiamuzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Angenit
Old
(Last edited by Angenit; 5th January 2012 at 05:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 40
1.- Yes, I also have the interchanged keys, the same ones.

2.- Not successful

3.- Now with build 6 I have tethering and hotspot and they work. When I used 5 it wasn't available.

4.- Well I think some of them are in the SD, but Gmail was in internal memory (I moved it with force2sd)

5.- No keyboard when rotating screen.

6.- No changes with language globe or mail and calendar keys.

7.- I couldn't say that because I don't save information in the SimCard, just Google and PC :S

8.- Yes, totally true what you state.

9.- My mistake, bars are in 0! but numbers are working fine.

If you find anymore just tell me.

aiamuzz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Thanks Angenit,

BUT LET US KEEP THE POST SHORTER - please avoid using quotes for the entire posts.

No. 4 - Can you test a few more apps installation to confirm if this is totally fixed in your build ?
No 3 - Wifi Hotspots seems to have been fixed - Can you test it extensively ?
No 9 - seems to have been fixed in your build.

@ Angenit
Can you please test your build as my build is the 5th one.

@ Ricardo - If you are watching this thread !
@ others/anyone
Is there a way we can update to the latest build(daily) without having to replace it each and every time ? This way i hope to retain the apps already installed from build to build and save the trouble of installing 40 odd apps daily.

help is much appreciated !!!

thnx.

Angenit
Old
Thanks Meter 40
If you use Rom Manager and don't check nothing but Dalvik wipe (which is checked by default) you will keep your apps. I updated two times and I haven't lost any app.

4.- Yep I receive a warning from appmonster telling me I can move it, but when I go to check if that's true they are moved.

5.- Well I tested it for half an hour and it was successful.

6.- No wait, you're right, the numbers are fine (different values) but the bars are in 0.

Build 6 works fine and has the hotspot and tethering option fixed.

aiamuzz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Sorry i did not understand...u mean...

'un-check' everything else and keep the dalvik cache 'checked' ?
or
'check' everything else and keep the dalvik cache 'un-checked' ?
thnx.

Angenit
Old
(Last edited by Angenit; 5th January 2012 at 07:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 40
When you choose the build in the SD with Rom Manager you get 3 options. Leave them like the following:

*unchecked* Copy the Rom in use
*unchecked* Erase Data & Cache
*checked* Wipe Dalvik Cache

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Hey! I've found another bug:

When you turn off the android keyboard in settings, the settings are forcely closed and when you try to go to "phone state" it closes... after when you reboot the keyboard is turned on again.

Skype was installed in the internal memory

simmer14
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Video Recording is also not working in the last build..

Angenit
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Well, in the build 7 symbols are fixed!

Videocamera not working yet.
Keyboard error keeps happening.

varoon88
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Great Idea for the thread.

Well on build 5 I am facing these issues :

Symbols messed up
Speaker Volume very low
Sync problem when Whatsapp and Facebook are both syncing.
Latest Youtube App, User Interface messed up.
In log: Call button not visible, only Green(outgoing) and Blue (Incoming) Arrows Visible.

I will keep on updating. Whoever is trying latest versions. please keep us all posted on the Solved Issues

Thanks

aiamuzz
Old
(Last edited by aiamuzz; 6th January 2012 at 07:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by varoon88 View Post
Great Idea for the thread.

Well on build 5 I am facing these issues :

Thanks
thanks, thats the least we could do
Varoon, please upgrade to build 7 a few of the issues have been fixed.
Follow Angenit's post(below) on how to upgrade so as to not lose any apps already installed in your current build. I followed the same and successfully upgraded to build 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angenit View Post
When you choose the build in the SD with Rom Manager you get 3 options. Leave them like the following:

*unchecked* Copy the Rom in use
*unchecked* Erase Data & Cache
*checked* Wipe Dalvik Cache[COLOR="Silver"]
-----------------------------------------------

THE FOLLOWING NEEDS ATTENTION

2. SWAP SUPPORT NOT ON KERNEL, please install swapper 2 and try enabling it on your devices.
- NOT YET INCORPORATED !!!!!!!

4. Choose 'external' from 'cyanogen mod settings - application - install location' install a couple of test apps from the market and check if they are installed on the external card. A2SD SUPPORT ON KERNEL EXPECTED.
- NOT YET INCORPORATED !!!!!!!

6(a). The keyboard is back in action, however it needs some further tweaks, The virtual keyboard has to be switched off when in the right-side-up position as it is redundant in the presence of the physical keyboard.
Also while in the landscape position the virtual keyboard takes up the entire screen space leaving only 1-2 lines visible for input space, very problematic when trying to drag the cursor guide(which keeps jumping to the beginning of the text field) to the right place in the passage while editing.

Tweaks : The virtual keyboard should not exceed more than 50% of the screen and needs to have better cursor guide control
- BUG IN THE LATEST BUILD !!!!!!!

7. SIM card contents like contacts and SMS'es are not getting populated(viewable) in phone book and messages. The setting for USIM is missing from contacts display setting.

8. The speaker phone volume while on a call is very low, using the volume button increases the in-call volume and has no effect on the speaker phone volume,
. The sound settings however are maxed out for ringtone, ringer, media and alarm volumes.

9. In the 'battery use' section of settings the % and the progress bars are not matching, the bar stands at zero for all the categories.

10. When you turn off the android keyboard in settings, the settings are forcely closed and when you try to go to "phone state" it closes... after when you reboot the keyboard is turned on again.

11. Video Recording is also not working in the latest build.

- THANK YOU RICARDO !!!

--------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by varoon88 View Post

.......please keep us all posted on the Solved Issues

Thanks
I will try and collate all the bugs/break reported on this thread and consolidate(& keep it updated) into the first post, that way people landing on the first page will have all the bugs/breaks listed.

Also I'll post the 'Yet to be fixed' list posted at the tail of the thread from time to time.

People landing here can directly click on the link below to access the 1st post of this thread.

Click here : FOR THE CONSOLIDATED LIST OF BUGS/BREAKS

The Following User Says Thank You to aiamuzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
c660, lg optimus pro