[DEV] Samsung Galaxy W/Samsung Exhibit 2 4G Development

Search This thread
G

GuestK0065

Okay so that we have a development topic (due to lack of a forum) for both phones which are basically the same.

What's going on the Galaxy W side:
Arco68 is porting CM9 to the phone
KezraPlanes is trying to port CM7 to the phone and making a custom stock ROM.

What's going on the Exhibit 2 side:
**placeholder text**

Try to keep general discussion to this topic I will post:

This will be a development topic.

Last edited:
G

GuestK0065

So I was finally able to solve my issues with downloading the CM7 sources. Apparently it was in issue with the manifest.xml file which can be easily solved by doing this:

Add this in the beginning of the file where all the other equal references are:

<remote name="github-https"
fetch="https://github.com/"
review="review.cyanogenmod.com" />

And replace the original line near the end of the file with this:

<project path="prebuilt" name="CyanogenMod/android_prebuilt" remote="github-https" />

This fixes the download sources issue.

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
So r u gonna help us w/ cm9 an recovery

sent from my exhibit 2 greatness

Nilpotent

Dec 27, 2011
So I was finally able to solve my issues with downloading the CM7 sources.

I'm not sure what issue you are referring to or what file ?

I have trouble with their instruction on the "building kernel from sources page"

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread
repo sync -j8

is not working for me.

Do you suggest to modify the repo file or is that another procedure you are talking about ?

s0unds

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2011

I have trouble with their instruction on the "building kernel from sources page"

repo sync -j8

is not working for me.

Do you suggest to modify the repo file or is that another procedure you are talking about ?
dswaggz was referring to this thread for the Exhibit 2.

My Galaxy W should arrive any day now (*impatient*) and I have an Exhibit 2. I think it'll be easy to cooperate on developing for both phones. I don't see anything in your first post about what's already working. (The phone is rooted, but beyond that, if you have any updates I'll look at post #1 :) )

Is it ok to PM you?

G

GuestK0065

repo sync -j8

is not working for me.

Depending on what error you are getting, it might work for you. It solved everything for me but I was using "repo sync -j16" (I was also following one tutorial from their wiki).

In my case the error made me unable to download the sources past 93%

TuxBrothers

Nov 18, 2011
Hi Guys,

Just have the phone for a week now, and i gotta say i really like this phone!
Had a LG Optimus Me before, but the Galaxy Wonder is so much more and better.

Hope there will be a CM 7 or 9 very soon.
Good luck with developping! :)

G

GuestK0065

I was going to release a deodexed-rooted-arcokernel'd stock ROM today because I've figured out how to do it while helping Arco68 with ICS, but unfortunately the laptop I'm using right now (which is not the computer I use for dev'ing) corrupts the ROM everytime I build it.

I might bring back to my hometown (where I spend my weekends) my broken-screen laptop, connect it via HDMI to the TV in the living room and create the ROM there, since I have to go to my rented apartment to get some stuff anyway.

I'm aiming at a release tomorrow at the most.

Edit: I'm a ****ing idiot. I'm guessing it's going to work now,

Last edited:
G

GuestK0065

The best of luck...make it work I would like to try it....BTW what will be required to flash it...ClockworkMod ?

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

Any recovery.

The ROM is installing fine but apparently hangs. Apparently it's the Dalvik's fault, but I don't remember messing with it.

Gonna work a little on it today.

andynroid

Apr 27, 2010
Klang Valley
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hopefully it will work for my device here in Malaysia...Have attached my firmware SC

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325951701844.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325951701844.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 271

fender90

Nov 23, 2011
Venice
I was going to release a deodexed-rooted-arcokernel'd stock ROM today because I've figured out how to do it while helping Arco68 with ICS, but unfortunately the laptop I'm using right now (which is not the computer I use for dev'ing) corrupts the ROM everytime I build it.

I might bring back to my hometown (where I spend my weekends) my broken-screen laptop, connect it via HDMI to the TV in the living room and create the ROM there, since I have to go to my rented apartment to get some stuff anyway.

I'm aiming at a release tomorrow at the most.

Edit: I'm a ****ing idiot. I'm guessing it's going to work now,

Testing volunteer here :)

s0unds

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2011
I'll second that, I need to jump back to stock on my T679 anyways so if you have any thing to test run before I do that feel free to let me know.

PS: woo first post!!!1!!111!!one
@matt_6288: the T679 is the T-Mobile USA Exhibit II. KezraPlanes' ROM is for the Galaxy W (a.k.a. I8150). You can't use it as-is, but we're working on ROMs for both.

Reactions: imhumanoid
G

GuestK0065

Well thanks to my mentor Arco68, I have my hands on the newest Samsung FW for the Galaxy W which makes me re-start my work from scratch. But now that I'm working on a decent computer, I should be able to do things much faster.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Exhibit II 4G discussion areas

Exhibit II 4G discussion areas

Since we don't have a forum we've centralized at the links below:

Exhibit II 4g discussion HERE
    Exhibit II 4g dev thread HERE
    Exhibit II 4g Wiki HERE
    I'll second that, I need to jump back to stock on my T679 anyways so if you have any thing to test run before I do that feel free to let me know.

PS: woo first post!!!1!!111!!one
    @matt_6288: the T679 is the T-Mobile USA Exhibit II. KezraPlanes' ROM is for the Galaxy W (a.k.a. I8150). You can't use it as-is, but we're working on ROMs for both.
    On the Exhibit II side of the development spectrum s0unds and swonsay are my only devs at the moment since I work too much to have the time. Lol

Just keep an eye out on the WIP Exhibit II 4G Development thread for updates as far as a release is concerned. You can also follow me on twitter @androidsamurai.
    Thanks VanillaTbone!

I'll post in this thread (and the Exhibit II dev thread, even though I don't like cross posting). I'm still working on both the Exhibit II and the Galaxy W.

I may be the slowest dev you've ever met because I'm currently looking for a job too.
    love to flash a rootable rom but i cant find one ......any ideas where i can get one.

And if you don't have it already, here's a working version of Odin and the Ancora.ops

http://www.mettamorto.com/ODIN.rar

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

so i flash this with odin, root with doomlord and then flash your rom...

thanks for both downloads K.P. :)

And you install the Recovery before flashing Kezra's Rom :)
    recovery?........is that flashed after K.P.'s rom..

edit .....where do i get the recovery from?

very much appreciating all this help guys....

No, you have to install it BEFORE KP's rom, infact you install his rom THROUGH the Recovery.

Here you go, with all instructions needed.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19982709#post19982709

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Edit: KP himself was faster than me. Anyway, I suggest to make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM from the Recovery before flashing the new one :)