Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 40,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos WiFi Nightlies (Wingray/MZ604)

Tip us?

digitalnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Where can I find more information about the few issues outstanding, such as The Cameras HDMI?

Was thinking of upgrading to the newest Xoom Zone Rom but somebody mentioned this was nicer. Any specific reasons to go with it over the Xoom Zone? I'm concerned about stability for the most part.

Thanks

Nusince
Old
Thanks Meter 258

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnerd View Post
Where can I find more information about the few issues outstanding, such as The Cameras HDMI?

Was thinking of upgrading to the newest Xoom Zone Rom but somebody mentioned this was nicer. Any specific reasons to go with it over the Xoom Zone? I'm concerned about stability for the most part.

Thanks
I would recommend searching through this thread. I have discussed both issues at length numerous times.

All ICS roms are far more stable then any Honeycomb rom Motorola has ever shipped. We would not have made these available had stability been a concern.

Considering that Zone23 is now using our ICS build as a base for Xoom Zone it's six of one half a dozen of the other.

Join me in #xoom on freenode

M3drvr
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quick question, if I format system and cache in cwm before installing update will I have to reinstall gapps? I know all that's recommended is dalvik n cache but just curious...I like a slightly cleaner install.

REHolt218
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnerd View Post

Thanks
Xoom Zone is based on this ROM with a few enhancements (mostly cosmetic, but also some added apps). So from a stability standpoint they should be about the same. I'm not sure how often Zone23 is updating his rom, so this one (being a nightly update) may have a leg up in that department. Mostly it is a matter of taste at this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to REHolt218 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattwilkinson11
Old
Thanks Meter 4
How do i go about upgrading builds? Do i need to reset or just update from zip file through cwm?

M3drvr
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwilkinson11 View Post
How do i go about upgrading builds? Do i need to reset or just update from zip file through cwm?
Download latest build, or whichever build you wish from link in post 1. Reboot into cwm, and wipe dalvik and cache, and then go install the zip that you downloaded from post 1. And you do that by choosing, "install zip from SD" and navigate to wherever you downloaded it to and choose it by clicking the power button.

REHolt218
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwilkinson11 View Post
I would start by reading the original post. The developers do a pretty good job of telling what steps are needed

M3drvr
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218 View Post
I would start by reading the original post. The developers do a pretty good job of telling what steps are needed
Actually, being totally friendly not offensive manner here, but maybe you should read the first post, lol, because, there isn't install instructions on either post 1 or 2.

digitalnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218 View Post
Xoom Zone is based on this ROM with a few enhancements (mostly cosmetic, but also some added apps). So from a stability standpoint they should be about the same. I'm not sure how often Zone23 is updating his rom, so this one (being a nightly update) may have a leg up in that department. Mostly it is a matter of taste at this point.
Appreciate that, looks like it won't hurt to try both then.

Really nice work here, gives the Xoom new life!

digitalr0gue
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchie-uk View Post
Do push notifications work for you guys?

Push gmail notifications work but i dont seem to get any for apps like facebook?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Facebook push hasn't worked for me in ages, even on my stock OEM Bionic.
- d i g i t a l r 0 g u e -
I've never met a warranty I couldn't void.

Say Hello to Your Little Friend:

Tags
eos, ics, motorola xoom mz604, nightlies
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe