Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 41,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note colour rendering issue: started working on it.

Tip us?

supercurio
Old
(Last edited by supercurio; 6th January 2012 at 09:11 AM.)
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5070

DONATE TO ME
Default Galaxy Note colour rendering issue: started working on it.

Hi dear Galaxy Note owners.

As many of you I'm not quite satisfied by Galaxy Note screen.
Most of the feedback reveal sub-par results, despite we all know the potential here is huge (to say the least).

References:
- [Q] Galaxy Note Screen Issues!!!
- [Q] Video on Note

Worst offender being shadows rendering: my diagnostic: what's supposed to be dark is not so dark.. and then boom its black (ie black clipping)
As a result color look dull, some UI elements show not quite as they're supposed to, and videos exhibit awful banding, blocking and ringing artifacts.

That's why I can announce here I started working on Galaxy Note screen color.

Don't expect immediate results as it's a complex topic and I'm working on other projects where users expect updates (like Voodoo LOUDER), but I wanted to give keep you updated.
The Following 97 Users Say Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

supercurio
Old
Thanks Meter 5070

DONATE TO ME
Next step:
Measurements with a colorimeter, at several brightness levels.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

supercurio
Old
Thanks Meter 5070

DONATE TO ME
And after that.. there will be fixes and solutions.
− be patient.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tids2k
Old
Thanks Meter 632
wow tahts amazing news.
lumia 1520>note 10.1 (2014)>nexus 5>s IV>htc one>sgs III>huawie quad xl>ipad 3>lg x3>htc z3tA>samsung galaxy note>samsung galaxy s II lte hd>iphone 4(g)>samsung galaxy s2 >htc desire hd>samsung galaxy s >htc desire (cancelled) :d>htc touch hd2>htc touch hd>nokia n97>iphone 3g>nokia n96>nokia n95> nokia n70
The Following User Says Thank You to tids2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

albireox
Old
Thanks Meter 123
That's great news, indeed, Note deserves a little more care with that beautiful screen . Waiting patiently for the first results.
The Following User Says Thank You to albireox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tids2k
Old
Thanks Meter 632
just a small token of appreciation to start with ...

Paypal : 71761221FM351443M

Friendly Greetz ..

tids2k
lumia 1520>note 10.1 (2014)>nexus 5>s IV>htc one>sgs III>huawie quad xl>ipad 3>lg x3>htc z3tA>samsung galaxy note>samsung galaxy s II lte hd>iphone 4(g)>samsung galaxy s2 >htc desire hd>samsung galaxy s >htc desire (cancelled) :d>htc touch hd2>htc touch hd>nokia n97>iphone 3g>nokia n96>nokia n95> nokia n70
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tids2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Raghav1980
Old
Thanks Meter 26
This is the most amazing news right after CM9...

Really happy to see my beloved note becoming more popular among devs now. So far was a little jealous of GSII owners... Not any more.

Thanks a lot you guys!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raghav1980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SteveYorks
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Great news!

What a team - Galaxy Note + Supercurio
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveYorks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EarlZ
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercurio View Post
Hi dear Galaxy Note owners.

As many of you I'm not quite satisfied by Galaxy Note screen.
Most of the feedback reveal sub-par results, despite we all know the potential here is huge (to say the least).

References:
- [Q] Galaxy Note Screen Issues!!!
- [Q] Video on Note

Worst offender being shadows rendering: my diagnostic: what's supposed to be dark is not so dark.. and then boom its black (ie black clipping)
As a result color look dull, some UI elements show not quite as they're supposed to, and videos exhibit awful banding, blocking and ringing artifacts.

That's why I can announce here I started working on Galaxy Note screen color.

Don't expect immediate results as it's a complex topic and I'm working on other projects where users expect updates (like Voodoo LOUDER), but I wanted to give keep you updated.
Great news!

People say that I was nitpicking about the black levels and rendering issues on the G-Note.. Only show that their expectation is below average

Cant wait for your updates!

Lets see how the fanboys react to the words highlighted, calling all the majority vs minority defenders

supercurio
Old
Thanks Meter 5070

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post
Great news!

People say that I was nitpicking about the black levels and rendering issues on the G-Note.. Only show that their expectation is below average

Cant wait for your updates!
Oh sure.
Also, people disagreement is expected as one screen can vastly differ from another.
Its a source of endless fights in forums but also make fix/improvement attempts a lot more difficult.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe