Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Ice Cream Sandwich For Milestone

OP bandroid842

6th January 2012, 08:10 AM   |  #211  
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
Even though it's alpha, I find it a lot better than CM7 on the Milestone besides the flaws. I'm not able to over clock the phone, whether through third party apps or open Recovery and I'm missing a lot of the CM settings/customizations.
6th January 2012, 09:07 AM   |  #212  
Thanks Meter: 44

266 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoib

Even though it's alpha, I find it a lot better than CM7 on the Milestone besides the flaws. I'm not able to over clock the phone, whether through third party apps or open Recovery and I'm missing a lot of the CM settings/customizations.

So it lacks most of the features that make CM7 on the Milestone so great and functional, yet its better?
6th January 2012, 09:42 AM   |  #213  
Flag Split
Thanks Meter: 250

1,530 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiC6

So it lacks most of the features that make CM7 on the Milestone so great and functional, yet its better?

Visually it is, it just needs to become real CM and we'll see what happens . So no overclock? Is this on 550MHz or 1GHz? If it's on stock MM speed, on 1GHz it will be much faster (y) .
6th January 2012, 11:22 AM   |  #214  
Thanks Meter: 35

121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiC6

Shoib gets little over excitet. After one day usage of this prealpa build I noticed

- camera it's not working obviously
- no HW video (woks on 1GHz, is choppy on 550MHz)
- multilanguage but has only English French German Italian Spanish dictonaries
- bunch google apps problems (google account sync/login problems) on Defy forum is noted that google apps don't work with CM7 account I do full wipe and have:
- maps (failed to login)
- calendar don't sync (can't login with account/want me to setup another account)
- YouTube (failed to login)
these two can be work out with gapps below
- compass it's not working in gmaps, works in other programs
- gmaps, browser are killed form time to time (looks like out of memory problem)

never google apps 04-01-2012
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=551

works
- wifi (don't start automatically after sleep, to prevent this is always on by default)
- 3G
- sound
- phone
- sms
- light sensor
- proximity sensor
- multitouch
- GPS
- screen rotation
- deep sleep

I further tweak phone and get it quite usable, something like miui (with settings below maximum free memory I have observed thru Android System Info was 78MB) I might be wrong with this one but I think that GPU acceleration is disabled to preserve memory. Animation are smooth just like in CM7. Also it's imposible to move apps to SD at this time.

- jit off
- 28MB heap
- replaced stock launcher with ADW EX (with cache settings disabled - lighter than stock)
- turn off sysctl.conf tweak
- repair permission on 10overclock (this enable overclock but not quite, after permissions repair is possible to use setcpu to overclock)
- deleting DSPmanager form system apps (otherwise it sits in memory no matter what)
- uncheck Location & Google search form Location services (looks like it make maps services more killable)
- delete bootanimation - boot much faster
Last edited by alicheusz; 8th January 2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: typos + some info + new gapps + wifi bug
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alicheusz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2012, 04:19 PM   |  #215  
Thanks Meter: 58

217 posts
yeah you're right, i've finnally uninstalled from my phone and back to CM7.1.3 of HO!NO!, but works great to be an pre-alpha build
6th January 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #216  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Yay :)
Nice to see ICS already beeing so usable. I mean, add camera support and app2sd and i would already use that as my primary rom

Seeing that, i am certain the Milestone will have a usable ICS rom. Thanks for those working on it!
6th January 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #217  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,341

2,468 posts
Donate to Me
More
GPS is working on this??? Whoever fixed it please contact kfazz who is working on the Droid 1 build please, this is something that doesn't work on our port and the D1 and milestone are basically the same device so it should help
6th January 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #218  
Thanks Meter: 76

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wow after using it a while im really impressed how good this works.
6th January 2012, 08:44 PM   |  #219  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 19

145 posts
More
Is it possible to enable hardware acceleration?
6th January 2012, 09:16 PM   |  #220  
Flag Oxford, UK
Thanks Meter: 69

789 posts
Donate to Me
More
CM9
video of CM9 on Milestone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF5e4...LscaQjKvZbg3ok

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread