Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 46,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ice Cream Sandwich For Milestone

Tip us?

Shoib
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Even though it's alpha, I find it a lot better than CM7 on the Milestone besides the flaws. I'm not able to over clock the phone, whether through third party apps or open Recovery and I'm missing a lot of the CM settings/customizations.

LuigiC6
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoib View Post
Even though it's alpha, I find it a lot better than CM7 on the Milestone besides the flaws. I'm not able to over clock the phone, whether through third party apps or open Recovery and I'm missing a lot of the CM settings/customizations.
So it lacks most of the features that make CM7 on the Milestone so great and functional, yet its better?
Telus Samsung Galaxy S4
CM11 Nightlies

Asus Google Nexus 7
Stock 4.4.2

Telus Motorola Milestone
Kabaldan CM7.2.4f w/ 2ndBoot

n3n00
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiC6 View Post
So it lacks most of the features that make CM7 on the Milestone so great and functional, yet its better?
Visually it is, it just needs to become real CM and we'll see what happens . So no overclock? Is this on 550MHz or 1GHz? If it's on stock MM speed, on 1GHz it will be much faster (y) .

alicheusz
Old
(Last edited by alicheusz; 8th January 2012 at 04:31 PM.) Reason: typos + some info + new gapps + wifi bug
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiC6 View Post
Shoib gets little over excitet. After one day usage of this prealpa build I noticed

- camera it's not working obviously
- no HW video (woks on 1GHz, is choppy on 550MHz)
- multilanguage but has only English French German Italian Spanish dictonaries
- bunch google apps problems (google account sync/login problems) on Defy forum is noted that google apps don't work with CM7 account I do full wipe and have:
- maps (failed to login)
- calendar don't sync (can't login with account/want me to setup another account)
- YouTube (failed to login)
these two can be work out with gapps below
- compass it's not working in gmaps, works in other programs
- gmaps, browser are killed form time to time (looks like out of memory problem)

never google apps 04-01-2012
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=551

works
- wifi (don't start automatically after sleep, to prevent this is always on by default)
- 3G
- sound
- phone
- sms
- light sensor
- proximity sensor
- multitouch
- GPS
- screen rotation
- deep sleep

I further tweak phone and get it quite usable, something like miui (with settings below maximum free memory I have observed thru Android System Info was 78MB) I might be wrong with this one but I think that GPU acceleration is disabled to preserve memory. Animation are smooth just like in CM7. Also it's imposible to move apps to SD at this time.

- jit off
- 28MB heap
- replaced stock launcher with ADW EX (with cache settings disabled - lighter than stock)
- turn off sysctl.conf tweak
- repair permission on 10overclock (this enable overclock but not quite, after permissions repair is possible to use setcpu to overclock)
- deleting DSPmanager form system apps (otherwise it sits in memory no matter what)
- uncheck Location & Google search form Location services (looks like it make maps services more killable)
- delete bootanimation - boot much faster
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alicheusz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

douglasroos
Old
Thanks Meter 54
yeah you're right, i've finnally uninstalled from my phone and back to CM7.1.3 of HO!NO!, but works great to be an pre-alpha build

brotkastn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yay :)

Nice to see ICS already beeing so usable. I mean, add camera support and app2sd and i would already use that as my primary rom

Seeing that, i am certain the Milestone will have a usable ICS rom. Thanks for those working on it!

metalspring
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4332

DONATE TO ME
GPS is working on this??? Whoever fixed it please contact kfazz who is working on the Droid 1 build please, this is something that doesn't work on our port and the D1 and milestone are basically the same device so it should help

m0jo
Old
Thanks Meter 76

DONATE TO ME
Wow after using it a while im really impressed how good this works.
Status Reminder:

cherrybombaz
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Is it possible to enable hardware acceleration?

mcdevtingz
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Default CM9

video of CM9 on Milestone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF5e4...LscaQjKvZbg3ok