FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Annoying wifi issue since 3.2 update

26th December 2011, 09:42 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Same bug. I turn it on and off manually. Not userfriendly but I learned in the last years that samsungs stockroms are never bugfree.

Leaving wifi on consumes more power btw. On my sgs and especially tab.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000

27th December 2011, 09:31 AM |#12  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2

More
yeah i noticed that too on KK4 firmware. It is either slow to connect or not connected at all. I need to on/off the wifi then it is connected.
27th December 2011, 10:14 AM |#13  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I have it too. 7510 KMM 3.2

either leave wifi always on or you have to turn it off and on to reconnect.
6th January 2012, 08:18 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
same issue on tab 10.1 but not on acer
I have the same issue on my Galaxy Tab 10.1...wake up device and no wifi for 1-2 minutes. I also have an Acer Iconia 7 inch but have no such issue...wifi reconnects within a few seconds. Definitely not a router issue. Contacted Samsung and of course they say they have never heard this before, but I can send it in under warranty and have 3.2 reflashed on the device which just seems ridiculous. I think everyone having this issue should start blowing up Samsung's tech support phone lines until they admit this is a real issue and develop a fix. I also wonder if this will be fixed with the ICS update (whenever that happens) or if it is an issue with Samsung tweaking Android with Touchwiz which will undoubtedly be integrated into their "version" of ICS.
7th January 2012, 06:23 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvaughan79

I have the same issue on my Galaxy Tab 10.1...wake up device and no wifi for 1-2 minutes. I also have an Acer Iconia 7 inch but have no such issue...wifi reconnects within a few seconds. Definitely not a router issue. Contacted Samsung and of course they say they have never heard this before, but I can send it in under warranty and have 3.2 reflashed on the device which just seems ridiculous. I think everyone having this issue should start blowing up Samsung's tech support phone lines until they admit this is a real issue and develop a fix. I also wonder if this will be fixed with the ICS update (whenever that happens) or if it is an issue with Samsung tweaking Android with Touchwiz which will undoubtedly be integrated into their "version" of ICS.

I agree. We should also link them to this thread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread