Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Annoying wifi issue since 3.2 update

Tip us?

Nash123
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Same bug. I turn it on and off manually. Not userfriendly but I learned in the last years that samsungs stockroms are never bugfree.

Leaving wifi on consumes more power btw. On my sgs and especially tab.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000

rizky_p
Old
Thanks Meter 2
yeah i noticed that too on KK4 firmware. It is either slow to connect or not connected at all. I need to on/off the wifi then it is connected.

styxx
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I have it too. 7510 KMM 3.2

either leave wifi always on or you have to turn it off and on to reconnect.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Nexus 7

fvaughan79
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same issue on tab 10.1 but not on acer

I have the same issue on my Galaxy Tab 10.1...wake up device and no wifi for 1-2 minutes. I also have an Acer Iconia 7 inch but have no such issue...wifi reconnects within a few seconds. Definitely not a router issue. Contacted Samsung and of course they say they have never heard this before, but I can send it in under warranty and have 3.2 reflashed on the device which just seems ridiculous. I think everyone having this issue should start blowing up Samsung's tech support phone lines until they admit this is a real issue and develop a fix. I also wonder if this will be fixed with the ICS update (whenever that happens) or if it is an issue with Samsung tweaking Android with Touchwiz which will undoubtedly be integrated into their "version" of ICS.

Cleanskinned
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvaughan79 View Post
I have the same issue on my Galaxy Tab 10.1...wake up device and no wifi for 1-2 minutes. I also have an Acer Iconia 7 inch but have no such issue...wifi reconnects within a few seconds. Definitely not a router issue. Contacted Samsung and of course they say they have never heard this before, but I can send it in under warranty and have 3.2 reflashed on the device which just seems ridiculous. I think everyone having this issue should start blowing up Samsung's tech support phone lines until they admit this is a real issue and develop a fix. I also wonder if this will be fixed with the ICS update (whenever that happens) or if it is an issue with Samsung tweaking Android with Touchwiz which will undoubtedly be integrated into their "version" of ICS.
I agree. We should also link them to this thread.