[The Petition]**We Need Your Support**

Search This thread

N00B_IN_N33D

May 27, 2011
Pompano Beach
As Galaxy S owners, we are all united. As Android users we are all united. As far as Samsung is concerned we are all NOT created equal. Our device, the Vibrant (SGH-T959), is now being left to the wayside for any future updates from Samsung even though our core specs are extremely similar to the Google Nexus S, which has already received the ICS update. The CyanogenMod team has left us due to the on-going issue of 911/e911 and the lack of the proper code from Samsung to alleviate a potentially fatal result of a custom ROM. It is our intentions to serve Samsung with a petition asking for the update to ICS, which will in-turn, alleviate the 911/e911 issue as well.

We are asking all Galaxy S users to sign this petition to get Samsung to reconsider giving all top end Galaxy S devices the ICS update. Please help us with our goal and sign the petition. If you are on a Galaxy S phone, this affects you too.

Thank you for reading this and please see this link for more details and this link to sign the petition...

Please remember that every sign counts. Whether you believe in the movement or not, still sign. Whether you believe that Samsung will even listen or not, still sign. Whether you have a phone or just browsing the forums phone-less (which would be kinda weird), still sign. When people come together things can happen. Wonderful things. Let's make a difference! One sign at a time :D

In the words of Ghandi... "First they ignore you . . . then they laugh at you . . . then they fight you . . . then you win."

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
Dude, this ain't the vibrant forum. But I like your idea.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Dude, this ain't the vibrant forum. But I like your idea.

This will be the LAST time I answer this question for this thread.
This is NOT for JUST the Vibrant.
If you took the time to CLICK the petition you would find out this is for ALL CAPABLE GALAXY S VARIANTS. Which involves your device. Please read more thoroughly and read the thread that is central to this for more information.
If you sign, not only do you give all of our devices a chance to get ICS, but just the fact that you NOT signing will bring nothing good, and everything bad.

-@airfluip, sorry for my pissy mood, i've answered that question atleast 8 times in the fascinate forum and just came here to read that. Nothing against you. I just don't want to answer the exact question 8 times here either.

Every sign counts.

N00B_IN_N33D

May 27, 2011
Pompano Beach
The first paragraph of the petition:
Recently many internet news agencies, blogs, forums,…have claimed that Samsung is reevaluating its stance on supplying Galaxy S phones with an update to the newest Android operating system platform, Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS-4.0). It is with great interest that we are monitoring this development and our intention to be on that update list.

Last edited:

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
I realize, but I signed it. So have fun.

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

Also. @Vibrant owners. Sorry about the 911/e911 thing. It really sucks to be ripped out of a rom. We are trying to get there.(CM7)

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Here is A PETITION for SGS4G

------

I ASK "ALL" of the SGS4G users to sign.

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

It just says, addressed to SGH-T959, and it says that at least Gingerbread. We have Gingerbread, so I just thought it might be a mistake, anyways, I'll sign it. But I would suggest you kind of edit the letter.

What you're doing is WRONG.
Our petition has almost 1k signs, and we are in the talks to combine it with another petition which has 12k.
All YOUR petition is doing is lessening the chances of ANYONE getting ICS.
You know how ifanboys talk about Android being Fragmented? Thats exactly what you're doing. Fragmenting us. If ALL the Galaxy S had ONE petition to sign, not only would it be simpler, but it would actually BRING some change.

Your petition for JUST the SGS4G will go no where, and i'm willing to bet anything on that. Not only do you guys have a far less user base, but you are pretty much the child of the Vibrant with a thing or two changed. I would like to think of us, specifically our devices being pretty much the same and would love to cooperate with you, but putting a petition that only involves SGS4G will get your forum nowhere.

If you wish to talk more about this, Do it through PMING me do not post in this thread about this, I don't want it cluttered.

Thank you

Last edited:

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
if you don't want people signing it, I suggest that you edit your reply and remove quote. This way we will remove all links.

N00B_IN_N33D

May 27, 2011
Pompano Beach
Thanks for the posotive support :D

Spread the word of this movement as much as you can! Put a link to the petition in your signature even! Together we can bring change!

Sent from my SGH-T959 (Samsung Vibrant)

stephen_w

Jul 24, 2011
Memphis
Signed. Best of luck to all of us with this. Many thanks to the guys that started this and are keeping it on track.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As Galaxy S owners, we are all united. As Android users we are all united. As far as Samsung is concerned we are all NOT created equal. Our device, the Vibrant (SGH-T959), is now being left to the wayside for any future updates from Samsung even though our core specs are extremely similar to the Google Nexus S, which has already received the ICS update. The CyanogenMod team has left us due to the on-going issue of 911/e911 and the lack of the proper code from Samsung to alleviate a potentially fatal result of a custom ROM. It is our intentions to serve Samsung with a petition asking for the update to ICS, which will in-turn, alleviate the 911/e911 issue as well.

We are asking all Galaxy S users to sign this petition to get Samsung to reconsider giving all top end Galaxy S devices the ICS update. Please help us with our goal and sign the petition. If you are on a Galaxy S phone, this affects you too.

Thank you for reading this and please see this link for more details and this link to sign the petition...

Please remember that every sign counts. Whether you believe in the movement or not, still sign. Whether you believe that Samsung will even listen or not, still sign. Whether you have a phone or just browsing the forums phone-less (which would be kinda weird), still sign. When people come together things can happen. Wonderful things. Let's make a difference! One sign at a time :D

In the words of Ghandi... "First they ignore you . . . then they laugh at you . . . then they fight you . . . then you win."
    Too all the pessimists that have posted here. Especially if you signed without reading, which I'm sure many of you did ;P
    http://www.change.org/info/how-an-online-petition-works
    Now quit it with the negativity and spam Samsung with every email address you got.

Be respectful
    Always click thanks
    Post logs not complaints :)
    Signed as well, fully behind this. Thank you for your effort. Also shared on facebook and having friends do the same.
    True, why not? Well it's for the same reason this guy didn't pay for a proper repair...
    car_duct_tape-s222x167-101426-580.jpg

...People be poor :p

He must REALLY be Poor! He couldn't even afford Real Duct Tape. Lol..just being funny. Nothing else.
    How much you want to bet just like GB, they'll release ICS just for the Galaxy S, and not the S 4G.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

well all i can say here is that if you would have searched before posting this, you would have found that we officially do have GB for the SGS4G and we also have the source for it. its people like you that make the devs here not want to be here anymore and quite frankly most of the senior members also. now come on people, you seriously want that to happen where you come on here to see what you can do for your device and ask questions where none of which will get answered cause there are no devs or senior members here anymore to help. that would just create total chaos. i mean come on now, if it weren't for the devs and senior members, more and more people would still be trying to use ROM Manager and would be like "WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!" or god forbid, try to flash a ROM from another device and be like "WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!" keep these forums clean by searching and reading before posting and maybe, just maybe those devs and senior members might actually consider staying.

ok, my rant is done here. :p