[UTIL][WIN][01/04] ACS HTC Super Tool v3

Search This thread

wasie

Nov 9, 2010
Tried that once all I get is people saying doesn't work for such and such device so I removed the list and only have the one I tested this on! Thanks if anyone wants to donate devices I will work on them and make it workable!

If i am not wrong i asked a question that anybody tried that htc Super Tool V3 on HTC AMAZE 4G. Because i don't want to mess up the phone. is there anybody tried yet or not?

sika68

Apr 11, 2009
SOS

I am trying to root my sensation with Super tool v3 but the tool is not giving me root. i have officially unlocked bootloader, the cid is T-mobile. When i choose option 3 in super tool, it runs the process and i do see some access denied messages...Please help. thanks

uga6

Oct 26, 2007
Hi!

After unlocking my HTC Wildfire S I wanted to root my phone with your Suptertool! But it does not work even though the dialog blinks colourfully and says "ROOTED" at the end. There is the dialog, what's wrong?

guilhem63

Jan 8, 2012
Hello all,

I recently bought an HTC Sensation (Android 2.3.4 and Sense 3.0)with Orange CH (Switzerland) and yesterday I tried to root it using ACS HTC Super Tool v3. Unfortunalety, it did not work despite all the good feedbacks and all the combinations I tried : ZergRush/Taco Root, HTC Super Tool 2/3, different HTC Drivers, FastBoot On/Off ...

Everything seemed to work fine with ZergRush (Taco Root wasn't launching at all), and I managed to reach the "Rooted" blinking dialog box. However, the phone wasn't responding and after a reboot using the command in the HTC Super Tool, ROM Manager said the phone isn't rooted. Can any of you tell me what I did wrong and/or what I should do ?
Many other users are reporting the same problem with HTC Sensation on french speaking forums such as : HTC Hub.

Phone configuration :
HTC Sensation (Normal)
Android 2.3.4
HTC Sense 3.0
Unlocked

HBoot configuration :
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.18.0000
eMMc-Boot
Aug 2 2011,22:35:52

As I am completely new to Android, do not hesitate to tell me if you need any more information, I made a huge amount of research but I am still a beginner.

Thanks in advance for your help and congrats to the developer .

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
I think that the problem is your monitor contrast. Try Adjusting your monitor's brightness and contrast.

Thanks god i'm not the only one ! no this is not a monitor problem, previous version was working fine in multicolor, this one is dark blue on black without reasons. Also I already mentionned that blinking "Rooted" message that appears for nothing all the time.

Burtalmighty

Jan 9, 2012
Hi!

After unlocking my HTC Wildfire S I wanted to root my phone with your Suptertool! But it does not work even though the dialog blinks colourfully and says "ROOTED" at the end. There is the dialog, what's wrong?

Although my HTC Wildfire S isn't unlocked, I get exactly the same dialog, help please :)

exclamation_mark

Aug 11, 2010
I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or what.
I have the V3, unzipped to desktop, open folder and there is the super tool icon (cool icon btw) i click on the icon a window opens with dark blue text, big ACS letters, then it changes to say menu, under the menu is text that says make a choice or hit enter. Nothing else.
What am i missing here?

EVO 3D Rooted with 1.5 S-ON

nbock01

Dec 19, 2007
EDITED_better%20badge.png

Donations/ad clicks always welcome!
A thanks is greatly appreciated!

Send donations to frigid3o3@gmail.com
Come on it takes 2 seconds www.barbey.me click an add!

@eFrigid on twitter for updates
#team-acs on irc.freenode.net for Support!

Thank you Evil DevNull for the Evil icon! And for being a cool ass dude

Revolutionary for the zergRush exploit
Jcase for the TacoRoot if zergRush doesn't work <- Haven't tested

Will work for most HTC Devices not just the HTC Evo Design 4g!
If it works/doesnt for your HTC device post here and I will add what devices work and don't work!

YOU NEED THE HTC DRIVERS INSTALLED HERE IS LINK!
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfi4bq3udrabw5a

Steps:
Step 1: Make sure drivers are installed!
Step 2: Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
Step 3: Un-Zip
Step 4: Click on the SuperTool.exe
Step 5: Enjoy!

Files are found here!
ACS HTC Super Tool v3

Personally tested on HTC Evo Design 4g
Let me know if it works on your phone and I will make a list again!

Changelog and useful links on post #2

Did not work for HTC EVO VIEW 4G tablet. :(

I have HBOOT 1.14.0005

ryandaneri

Jan 21, 2011
Hi, ok so Im rooted on the design, but I can't get wifi tether to spinning pc or ps3...I want it to connect to my to update so I can play new games... It sees it but can't get ip adress or connect to internet...i tried router fix, barnacle, open garden all won't connect please help! Please! Rooted evo design.

dadaR6

Jul 28, 2007
Hi, ok so Im rooted on the design, but I can't get wifi tether to spinning pc or ps3...I want it to connect to my to update so I can play new games... It sees it but can't get ip adress or connect to internet...i tried router fix, barnacle, open garden all won't connect please help! Please! Rooted evo design.

Be sure to have the "Routing Fix" checked in Wifi tether.

If this does not work, be sure to update your wireless card drivers on your PC. Until I did the second step, I was not able to connect to the AP, like you, it would just hangs trying to get an IP.

ryandaneri

Jan 21, 2011
Be sure to have the "Routing Fix" checked in Wifi tether.

If this does not work, be sure to update your wireless card drivers on your PC. Until I did the second step, I was not able to connect to the AP, like you, it would just hangs trying to get an IP.

I have had it checked and unchecked.. but I was just curious if anybody has connected to a ps3 and if so what tether app did you use..on a side note I was freezing apps with tb and I found one that said tethering guard 2.3.4.....should I freeze it? I don't wanna delete protected apps cause I want the ics update and I was told deleting those apps prevent the update? True? thank you for your patience and help..

Skellinator

Dec 3, 2011
Thanks god i'm not the only one ! no this is not a monitor problem, previous version was working fine in multicolor, this one is dark blue on black without reasons. Also I already mentionned that blinking "Rooted" message that appears for nothing all the time.
I do agree, the color makes it VERY hard to read.

OK, on to my issue. I can't get my phone to accept the security update1.19.65.11 on my htc evo design. Everytime I try to install it I get sent into the recovery screen. Do I need to unroot? If so, how? I tried the unroot option in the latest software and it did not unroot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

asb2164

Feb 7, 2011
I have had it checked and unchecked.. but I was just curious if anybody has connected to a ps3 and if so what tether app did you use..on a side note I was freezing apps with tb and I found one that said tethering guard 2.3.4.....should I freeze it? I don't wanna delete protected apps cause I want the ics update and I was told deleting those apps prevent the update? True? thank you for your patience and help..

You also need to check mss clamping

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDITED_better%20badge.png

ADDED WORKING LINK!

Donations/ad clicks always welcome!
    A thanks is greatly appreciated!

For donations go to www.barbey.me and use Google checkout SCREW PAYPAL!
    IF YOU HAVE DONATED TO ME THREW PAYPAL request a refund and PM me the transaction number please they are thiefs and I encourage everyone to steer away from paypal!

Come on it takes 2 seconds www.barbey.me click an add! if you can't donate I need to hire lawyer for PayPal! Thank you!

@eFrigid on twitter for updates
    #team-acs on irc.freenode.net for Support!

Thank you Evil DevNull for the Evil icon! And for being a cool ass dude

Revolutionary for the zergRush exploit
    Jcase for the TacoRoot if zergRush doesn't work <- Haven't tested

Will work for most HTC Devices not just the HTC Evo Design 4g!
    If it works/doesnt for your HTC device post here and I will add what devices work and don't work!

YOU NEED THE HTC DRIVERS INSTALLED HERE IS LINK!
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jfi4bq3udrabw5a

Steps:
    Step 1: Make sure drivers are installed!
    Step 2: Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
    Step 3: Un-Zip
    Step 4: Click on the SuperTool.exe
    Step 5: Enjoy!

Files are found here!
    ACS HTC Super Tool

Personally tested on HTC Evo Design 4g
    Let me know if it works on your phone and I will make a list again!

Changelog and useful links on post #2
    UPDATED

Changelog:
    For v2

Added Unroot option

For v1.5

Updated zergRush exploit!
    Updated SU files
    Cleaned up script
    moved market update to it's own option.

NEW TOOL v1.0

Changes in SS

For v2.1

Minor fix from root and reboot triggers

For v2

De Sense works (Disables HTC Sense for a more vanilla android/keeps the Sense lockscreen though
    Re Sense works (Re-Enables HTC Sense)
    Virtous OC daemon (I ported to Design to Overclock to 1.4 ghz on stock kernel)
    Fixed Wifi Tether again thanks to psyv01 at XDA
    Cleaned the script a little bit

For v1.5
    removed market updater option (Now updates market via root option
    s-off is still just a placeholder (sorry guys)
    De Sense option added (Freezes all HTC Sense apps to make a more vanilla android feel - Will be functioning on v2)
    Re Sense option added (Want it back? here you go - Will function on v2)
    reboot option added (No longer reboots after root option. remember to use this before exiting script)
    wireless tether app updated (hopefully fixes the issues some people were having)
    SALLEBALL from the Legend forums has managed to find a copy of HTC Super Tool v3 lying around on his computer. He's uploaded it here. See the original thread here, all credit to him.
    Sigh... I hate not knowing what I'm doing. I used the 2.1 version to root my phone, and everything seemed to work. Then I did the wireless tether exploit, and the app comes up on my phone. But I can't get it to work. I can get my computer to connect to my phone, but no internet access. Anyone have and suggestions or help? Would the new HTC super tool be of any help to me? Thanks.

Go into the apps settings and enable Routing Fix.

Sent from my *rooted* EVO Design using xda premium app
    No problem

Sent from my PH44100 using xda premium