Well... i had been trying to figure out how to change the carrier name in the notification bar for a few days and with some luck and some good tips from XDA Members and from antEris for pointing me in the right direction... here is a guide to help others who may want to change theirs as well!
**CAUTION- You will need to re-enter your google account info. This will wipe your contacts, and sync settings, so make sure you re-sync once complete!!**
Must have ROOT
FOR CDMA Devices ONLY! Will NOT work on GSM
Untested on all others. (if you test it on r800a, or any other one, let me know so i can update this.)
Things you will need:
1. Ninjamorph (Market)
2. HxD (google it, its free)
3. USB Cable
1. Using Ninjamorph, select "New Project"
2. Navigate to system/framework
3. Select the framework-res.apk
4. Exit to home
5. Connect phone to PC
6. Browse to AndroidThemes/workspace/framework-resapk/res/xml on your sdcard.
7. COPY eri.xml to the desktop.
8. Now open the HxD application on your PC.
9. Drag the eri.xml into the big gray area.
10. You will now see a bunch of code, scroll till you see "Verizon Wireless"
11. Highlight Verizon Wireless, starting from the last letter going back to the "V" in Verizon.
12. Now you can type in what you want, UP TO 16 characters. If your custom banner is less than 16 characters, use the SPACEBAR and hit it for a total of 16 characters including how many your custom banner is. (i.e... XperianceIT is 11 characters, so i hit space bar 5 times)
13. Once thats done go ahead and exit HxD, it will ask if you want to save, say yes.
14. Now place the new eri.xml back on to the root of your sd card.
15. Disconnect Phone from PC
16. Open Ninjamorph
17. Select "Existing Project".
18. Browse to the ORIGINAL eri.xml and select it.
19. Now browse to the eri.xml you placed on the sdcard after modifying it.
20. Hit yes, a few times here, it will now take you back to the Ninjamorph main screen.
21. Select "Finish Project".
You will now be prompted for a few things, like if you want Ninjamorph to optimize it since its a .apk, I chose NO, not sure what will happen if you choose yes. Once thats done, reboot and enjoy!!
dont forget to thank/donate to me if you like this and it helps you out!