Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,221 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROM: Galaxy Exhibit 4G Peach Sunrise 3.01

Tip us?

jocala
Old
(Last edited by jocala; 17th November 2012 at 09:02 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,011

DONATE TO ME
Default ROM: Galaxy Exhibit 4G Peach Sunrise 3.01

Peach Sunrise is the first custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. Based on stock UVLG3, it's deodexed, zipaligned, rooted, very lightly themed and uses a custom kernel. A CWM-based Recovery is required for installation. The industry spyware program Carrier IQ has been removed. This ROM is based on Samsung stock UVLG3 and is NOT vulnerable to USSD Dialer Attacks!

Everything that works with stock works with Peach Sunrise.

You can swap your internal and external sd storage using the included SwapSD app.

ADW Launcher is default. This launcher is highly themable, with many hundreds of themes (including ICS) downloadable from the Market.

EStrongs FM, Voltage Control, DSPManager and CIFSManager are included in the ROM.

V6 SuperCharger is included.

The stock WallpaperChooser has been modified exposing 30 new Wallpapers from Samsung, previously hidden in the source code!

Extra features include busybox, bash shell, terminal, init.d support, rc.local support, remount script. Additionally, adb now supports root access, allowing you to do things from your command line that were not previously possible.

Video review of the Galaxy Exhibit & Peach Sunrise by TheGeekRedneck

Download Peach Sunrise 3.01 Android 2.3.6 HERE
Download Mirror

Kernel sources

Installation

CWM Keys:
Home key = enter
Back key = back
VolUp/Dwn = highlight choice

1. Back up your data. The installation will format your data partition. I suggest Titanium Backup, available in the Market.

2. Download the peach.sunrise zip file & copy to either your internal or external sd card.

3. Install Galaxy Exhibit 4G Custom Recovery (cwm) . If you're already rooted, you may install from the command line, otherwise you may install from Samsung's Recovery. Samsung's recovery only sees the internal SD, so copy the cwm zip there. Stock recovery sometimes takes more than one try to start.

Easy way to start recovery
* Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
* Pull the battery from your phone.
* Connect phone to your pc via usb.
* Press & hold Volume-up
* Insert battery

Your phone will boot into recovery. Press the capacitive menu button (left bottom button) when you see the open white box and droid. Choose 'apply update from sdcard' and select the cwm zip file.

4. Start Custom Recovery (cwm): Press & hold Vol-Up, then press & hold Power. Shortly after the plain white Samsung logo appears, release both buttons. Recovery should start after the color Samsung/T-Mobile Exhibit logo.

5. Select ROMwipe. This step is required! You will have problems if you do not install Peach to a clean system.

6. Highlight install zip from sdcard, then press Home.

7. Highlight 'choose zip from sdcard/external sdcard, depending where you placed the download in step 2.

8. Highlight the peach.sunrise zip file, then press Home.

After you confirm your choice, installation should take less than three minutes.

Big Thanks to Camcory for his assistance with the extended menu for this release!

Remember to do a Nandroid Backup when you're happy with your setup!

Bloat
Peach Sunrise has been de-bloated, meaning that most of the junk that
T-Mobile/Samsung includes to eat up your phone's storage has been removed.
If you need some of that stuff back, download the bloat file below, it's all in there.

bloat.peach.3.zip
Mirror

======================

As always, you install at your own risk. No guarantees or warranties are made or given. YYMV. Caveat Emptor, etc.

=============================
Attachments
=============================
Default home screen

Photograph: Taken in August, 2011 at New Smyrna Beach, FL with a Nikon D300.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shot.jpg
Views:	12349
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	899289   Click image for larger version

Name:	beach1.jpg
Views:	7851
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	899293  
The Following 77 Users Say Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jocala
Old
(Last edited by jocala; 10th October 2012 at 08:09 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,011

DONATE TO ME
Default Links & Information

Useful links and information HERE
Galaxy Exhibit 4G discussion HERE
Galaxy Exhibit 4G Wiki HERE
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshua.justice
Old
(Last edited by joshua.justice; 9th January 2012 at 03:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Working/not working list?
The Following User Says Thank You to joshua.justice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jocala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,011

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua.justice View Post
Working/not working list?
Sure, I'll add something to the OP.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Baddude8
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Since the the only difference b/w the Exhibit and Exhibit II is the camera processor, would flashing this rom works on my Exhibit?
Thanks.

jocala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,011

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddude8 View Post
Since the the only difference b/w the Exhibit and Exhibit II is the camera processor, would flashing this rom works on my Exhibit?
Thanks.
Sorry, I have no idea. I'd guess probably not.
The Following User Says Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dennis96411
Old
Thanks Meter 368
So this is just the Exhibit II's stock ROM debloated? If I already debloated all the stuff I don't need, does this ROM do anything?

jocala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,011

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis96411 View Post
So this is just the Exhibit II's stock ROM debloated? If I already debloated all the stuff I don't need, does this ROM do anything?
What are you interested in having a ROM do? I've had the phone less than a week, so I'm pleased with this as a start
The Following User Says Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Irate Iguana
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I like! . Haven't used it yet, but progress is good! Is there anyway you could make the kernel OCable? :P

pendoric
Old
Thanks Meter 1
THANKS! Great start. To answer your question, I would like to see overclock ability as one thing in a rom.